Posts by mglae


    But why does it work with less than 8.388.240 MB without any problems. I dont know the exact value when it is overturning but it must be between 8.388.240 MB (working) 8.399.999 MB (not working).



    The device size is detected different (and you swapped the two log files ;) ):


    1022 dmesg log:

    Code
    1. [ 9.840137] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 17581277184 512-byte logical blocks: (9.00 TB/8.19 TiB)


    1031 dmesg log:

    Code
    1. [ 9.733719] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 23441768448 512-byte logical blocks: (12.0 TB/10.9 TiB)


    But I have currently no idea what is causing this.


    Ah yea, 4.8 uses a dd bridge patch from 3rd party, that won't work at 4.9 and was dropped. Looks like 4.9 don't support your card completely :/


    The ddbridge patch for 4.9 is working fine on my DD Cine CT V6 with my private build. Unfortunately it was conflicting with the TBS driver patches that has been added to the LibreELEC 4.9 kernel and could not be updated.


    As the TBS driver patches are removed in the meantime I will PR the ddbridge patch again the next few days.


    That does work, but it causes other problems. With the ethernet device no longer managed by connmand, the DNS configuration can't be changed because it's hard coded into the systemd unit file for the connman service. DNS1 and DNS2 get set to Google's DNS servers. :(



    Code
    1. cp /usr/lib/systemd/system/connman.service /storage/.config/system.d/


    And edit the file in /storage/.config/system.d to your needs.

    Quote


    Next I tried the following autostart.sh file:

    Code
    1. # Kill lirc remote services
    2. systemctl stop eventlircd.service
    3. #start ir-keytable
    4. ir-keytable -c -p RC-5,RC-6 -w/storage/.config/rc_keymaps/myremote


    eventlircd must not be stopped in autostart.sh when changing key tables.


    The remote can be tested with evtest from the system-tools addon:

    Code
    1. systemctl stop kodi
    2. systemctl stop eventlircd
    3. evtest


    Select the remote's /dev/input/eventX and start pressing keys.


    No HW support for H.264 High 10 video and CPU too slow.

    The WMV3 issue looks like a driver problem. When it is fixed upstream it will be part the next releases.


    A search on freedesktop.org shows two bug reports this year: 96600 – [RV630]: a lot of artifacts appears on a screen playing some videos through VDPAU with hardware acceleration and 94381 – VC-1 VDPAU decoding on radeon causes occasional garbage.


    However the three samples from the bug reports play well HW accelerated on my AMD C-60 netbook with 7.90.009.

    You can try to switch to legacy drivers yourself:

    • Get access to your LE installation without xorg (enable ssh before update or add "textmode" boot parameter).
    • Find the GT640 device id with "lspci -nn" -> [10de:XXXX]
    • "cp /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/96-nvidia.rules /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/"
    • edit /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules, find the line with 'ATTRS{device}=="0xXXXX" ...' and delete it
    • reboot


    Have already thought of that, things is that Windows apparently is now 100% ready for UTC time, so I'd rather switch my Linux boots to RTC.


    Which issues still do exist in Windows 10?


    Quote


    I guess it may be possible to symlink the required directory to be able to modify the clock setting.


    Only if you build LibreELEC yourself.


    In addition with local time set all three OS will try to correct the RTC on daylight saving time change.


    I actually almost have a way to do this using udev, but it doesn't work because udev won't finish until the all udev rules have run, so it's not possible (with the current tools) to do this (that I have found yet).


    It can be done with some modifications:


    /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/99-usb-play.rules

    Code
    1. IMPORT{builtin}="blkid"
    2. ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="block", KERNEL=="sd*|mmc*", ENV{ID_FS_USAGE}=="filesystem", \
    3. RUN+="/usr/bin/systemd-run /storage/autoplay.sh /dev/%k"


    /storage/autoplay.sh

    Shell-Script
    1. #!/bin/sh
    2. sleep 5
    3. MP=$(printf '%b' $(grep "^${1} " /proc/self/mounts | cut -d ' ' -f 2))
    4. if [ -f "${MP}/kodi.playme" ]
    5. then
    6. /usr/bin/kodi-send --action="PlayMedia(\"${MP}\", isdir)"
    7. fi


    This limits auto play to USB drives with existing /kodi.playme file.