Posts by Nofan Tasi

Thanks for kind reply

I will keep on trying and will no longer remove Python patches + create the symlink.
    Can I simply continue to use 7.0.3.012e tag or shall I use another one or another branch?

keep you informed

I tried again (sorry: had to wait because libreelec download server not usabe). Same issues.
    This time I checked out 7.0:

Code
    git checkout libreelec-7.0

But same fatal build issue:

Code
    $ grep -i -A1 fatal image.log
    [Fatal Error] classXBMCAddon_1_1xbmcgui_1_1ControlSpin.xml:58:271: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
    Caught: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: file:///home/gentoo/MiniMX/LibreELEC/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-deve
    l/kodi-16.1-c327c53/xbmc/interfaces/python/generated/doxygenxml/classXBMCAddon_1_1xbmcgui_1_1ControlSpin.xml; lineNumber: 58; columnNumber: 27

the doxygen classXBMCAddon_1_1xbmcgui_1_1ControlSpin.xml looks truncated indeed.
    012c is latest I could build without problems. I imagine kszaq changes are not the cause. But upstream changes may.

If anyone would be so kind to try to build, say, 012f, that would help troubleshoot if problem is related to my build environment.

I have pushed an updated Python patch to my libreelec-7.0 branch (updated by Raybuntu) so that you won't have to remove Python patches when building for aarch64. I will do the same in libreelec-8.0 branch.

For kernel config you can simply create a symlink in linux folder linux.aarch64.conf -> linux.arm.conf so that with every pull/checkout it will link to latest kernel config.

The build issues you are facing seem to be your machine-specific, I didn't push any changes that could break building in that way.

Unfortunately I cannot check building for aarch64 every time as I don't have enough resources to do that - I compile on my laptop and building for different arch requires a whole new build folder that consumes quite a few GBs. That said I try not to do any changes that can break aarch64.

Thanks for kind reply

I will keep on trying and will no longer remove Python patches + create the symlink.
    Can I simply continue to use 7.0.3.012e tag or shall I use another one or another branch?

keep you informed

kszaq

I have often built 64bit LE using following simple recipe

Code
    git clone https://github.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv.git
    cd LibreELEC.tv
    git checkout -b 7.0.3.012c 7.0.3.012c (or older tag)
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make -j13 image

from the moment only 32bit images were available I had to do (as you kindly told)

Code
    cp projects/S905/linux/linux.arm.conf projects/S905/linux/linux.aarch64.conf
    rm projects/S905/patches/Python/*

but, from 7.0.3.012d onward I have several issues building 64bit LE

- for example aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc not found
    (which I hack by linking aarch64-libreelec-linux-gnueabi-xxx to aarch64-linux-gnu-xxx in build.LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel/toolchain/bin)

- but eventually I run into funny errors such as in xbmc:
    [Fatal Error] classXBMCAddon_1_1xbmcgui_1_1ControlSpin.xml:58:271: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

What I would like to request from you:

Can you, moving forward, keep repository such that you check if 64bit continues to build.
    If it does build for you, then it should also for others.

Thank you very very much for your amazing work !

- Minor issues
    When building aarch64 7.0.3.012c on bleeding edge amd64 gentoo:
    1) native gperf-3.1 gentoo introduces compile issue for libcap-2.25
    (solved by reverting back to gperf-3.0.4)
    2) build.LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel/toolchain/lib/libz.so.1 is zlib 1.2.8 but gentoo is 1.2.11
    (so I linked it to /lib64/libz.so.1 instead as workaround)
    These minor build issues might appear on other distros in the future. Not sure where to report.
    I'll soon test aarch64 012c build and put it availble on gdrive (like done for 012).
    update:
    uploaded LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20170117152154-r23624-g563b61562.img.gz
    aka LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.012c.img.gz
    LE – Google Drive
    it works for me (except remote) and you can use it if for some reason you want 64bit LE.
    update:
    remote works too (given correct remote.conf file)

I think I won't compile aarch64 build until the memory leak is solved. If you want to compile it yourself:

Just curious : what is an easy way to catch 64bit memory leak evidence?
    for now is seems stable (+/- 1500MB free)
    I also have 4G swap space.
    [hr]
    In case someone, for some odd reason, wants 64bit image LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.012.img.gz, here is one:
    view?usp=sharing

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /proc/version 
    Linux version 3.14.29 (gentoo@standby) (gcc version 5.3.0 (GCC) ) #1 SMP Sun Jan 8 01:11:10 CET 2017
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /etc/release
    S905.aarch64-7.0.3.012

it works for me, please use it as is, ...
    All development credits, of course, go to our hero kszaq ;)
    I simply built using standard instructions and kind advice.
    PS: I think I need 64bit since I maintain a 64bit gentoo system in an LE chroot...
    [hr]

Will 64-bit build continue to be supported?
    kszaq : would you mind also providing a 64-bit build?
    For my personal usage, 64-bit builds so far were excellent.

I tried following:

Have a nice day.

someone can please recommend on a working DVB-T2 with libreelec for the 905x (and number build he been using)?
    i tried mygica t230c and when i tried to connect through the computer the dvb dosent appear.

I have good results with PCTV Systems dvb_usb_af9035 module.
    I am on 7.0.3.011 build but other builds were fine as well.

[hr]

Does this support HDR

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

You mean harddisk recording?
    I use tvheadend and pvr.hts and I can record dvb-t.

Is not there a simple backup way to copy the complete SD card,
    make the update and if it does not work, restore the previous
    thing (like on Android with TWRP).

Then the testing/updating would not be such a pain.

you can also 'dd' the entire sdcard to a file as 'image' backup and dd it back if testing/updating requires restore.

1. Source code = LE buildroot, kernel code - self-explanatory.
    2. Compile - LibreELEC
    3. LE buildroot automatically downloads all packages, including kernel.

here is a recipe I use (perhaps not perfect)

Code
    git clone https://github.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv.git
    cd LibreELEC.tv
    git checkout -b 7.0.2.009 7.0.2.009
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make -j13 image
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make -j13 amlpkg
    optional (I do not use these):
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon pvr.hts
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon tvheadend

Hello all!

I have Gigabyte GT-U7200 DVB-T usb stick but it's not recognized in tvheadent in librelec. Do you know where's the exact list of supported DVB-T cards, or, if it's not supported, how can I import it in libreelec?

Thanks in advance.

I don't seem to quickly find any evidence that this stick is supported in linux kernel. Did you get it working on any other linux box?