Posts by zigzag666

Good suggestion and I have checked the MD5's of three different (corrupt) video files. They are all different, so definitely a corruption problem, rather than playback.

This is a new 4 bay (non-raid) external USB3 drive bay from IcyDock. When videos are copied from the Mac to the directly attached USB drives (connected to USB3, via lightning bolt connector on Mac) - I have no corruptions issues.

When I move the IcyDock drive bay to the LibreElec system and do a network copy, the files are always corrupted in spots. Very intermittent about 10 to 15 (or more) minutes apart. Each corrupted area effects approx 30 seconds of the video.

Ok, I upgraded to the milhouse 06/30 version and did some more testing. Problem is still there and maybe worse.

This time, I notice that while copying three files to the drive, that it actually merged a few seconds of video from one file into the other in one spot. Other areas were just plain corrupted.

The problem is intermittent, and video is good throughout out except for maybe 4 or 5 spots (about 15-20 minutes apart) where the video gets corrupted for about 15 seconds worth of video.

Up to now, I had several external HDD's in Sabrent USB enclosures. I recently purchased an IcyDock 4 drive USB3 enclosure and have moved my drives over to that enclosure. While the drive was attached to my Mac, I copied quite a few large video (.mkv) files to the drives and they all appear to be fine. Playback on LibreElec is no problem.

This drive is now attached to my Libreelec 8.2.5 system via USB3 and I have noticed that every large file that I copy over to the Samba mounted shares gets a few corrupted spots causing Libreelec to crash while playing the file back. The files that were copied previously are fine, but any network copied files have corruption.

This has been tested with several files and always the same results. About every 10-15 minutes of playback, there is a bad spot in the mkv file, which does not exist in the original file.

Can anyone suggest what might be going on here? Happy to provide logs, traces, etc - just explain what is needed.

Thanks

Running Intel platform with 8.2.3. The box is randomly hard locking up. When this happens I can not use the remote and I can not even SSH into the box. I'm trying to determine if this is NextPVR related as I've noticed the problem primarily when watching TV (live and recorded). I get anywhere from 30 - 90 mins before lockup happens. I do think that the same issue has occurred when watching video from locally attached storage, but will continue to gather data.

This is a fresh install of 8.2.3 with no "pirated" add-ons etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks

So, do a backup to preserve yor current settings, etc., so you can revert later as needed. Then do a clean install. Then reproduce the problem with a debug log.

If the problem still exists (it may, or it may not, depending on many factors) then people may be more responsive to a genuine problem. Much of the crapware complained about has two main issues. Firstly it often supports the illegal acquisition of content, something which both the Kodi and LibrELEC teams rightly take a firm stand against. It pisses off some of us regular users as well. Second, it frequently screws up functions within Kodi which otherwise work just fine. Just removing these add-ons may not in all cases remove the damage caused by their earlier installation - hence the repeated requests for a clean installation. It is an essential part of debugging to be able to isolate different pieces of code to see where a problem may lie.

Thank you. I have decided to try a soft reset first. This did clean up the issue as I expected it would. Several hours to restore all libraries, etc - but I am now using only kodi and libreelec repositories for add-ons. So far, things are working as expected. I was looking for some suggestion on how to remove the "crapware" as I could not figure out how to get rid of it. I removed the repositories and all offending add-on, but apparently some artifacts remained.

Anyway, for the time being this issue has been resolved.

So, I was posting to the other thread about this problem and now the thread is closed? Really? I am trying to get this box cleaned up and asked for help. I've been an active participant in several Kodi forums and other (non-LibreElec) forums and never felt such a lack of love....

I'd like to continue using LibreElec, but don't want to do a hard re-install. I am wanting to remove the "crap where" and asked how to get rid of it. I've uninstalled all the add-ons and repositories listed in the "term of agreement" for support. SO - is there any assistance available here?

Sort of like calling Microsoft and being told to re-install windows. Again, not being sarcastic, but I was hoping someone could look at the log and help me just fix this problem.

I looked at my add-on's again. There was one more that was questionable so I removed it as well. If there are additional "offending" add-on's I'd like to know which and how I can get rid of them. I don't want them anyway.

Regarding my problem. This can't be that complicated problem to diagnose. Video/music play from context menu, but doesn't from the normal menu. What is the difference here? Are both methods supposed to use the same player?

(In a nice way) If I wanted to do a fresh install I would not have asked for help here. That is sort of the last option, I'd like to do at this time.

Honestly, I don't know how else to remove stuff. I removed all the repositories and all the add ons I could find using the "files" menu and "add-on" menu. I did see that last quote you made, but don't know why it's there or how to remove it. The repository that contains it was removed and I didn't see that add-on showing under "my add-ons/all"

So if you have some assistance on either getting rid of anything that is offending OR how to fix the problem, please advise.

I am joining this tread as I have the same problem reported here. I can not play any video (even youtube) or music files at all.

My USB drives are attached to the LE box directly (via a 8 port USB hub). I have, even though I didn't think it mattered, changed the min SMB version to 1, but no effect on this issue.

The motherboard is an AsRock single board (Intel) computer and video/audio is via HDMI to a Marantz 7702mk2 processor. No h/w changes at all on the LE box. KODI system information reports the following video information: GPU Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 405 - (Braswell); OpenGL Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center; OpenGL Version: 3.0 Mesa 17.1.3

Interestingly, I can play video from this LE box, when I attach to it from a Mac running Kodi 17.6. So, it would appear that the filesystem is functioning correctly on the server LE box. Must be something with the player? Music won't play either, so I'm thinking not a video issue per se.

Today I tried using the context menu, play using: video player. This works. The video is a bit choppy, but it plays. So this now really does seem to point to the player as the culprit.

I was running. 8.0.2 and all was golden. Then I installed 8.2.0 by copying the update .img to my updates share. At first things looked ok, but then I noticed the remote was getting double keystrokes. I read the release notes and turned off lirc. When I rebooted, I no longer had working video. No idea how (or if) changing that setting could have caused this problem. Anyway, I turned lirc back on and it did not help. Currently it is off again.

Subsequent to the 8.2.0 update, I used LE's administration panel to do another update to 8.2.1, hoping maybe something related to my issue got fixed. No change. Only way I can get video or music to play is by using the context menu.

Ok, some additional information. I see that another user has reported a very similar issue. He said that he could play videos if he used the context menu, play using: video player. I hadn't tried that previously, but just gave it a try. Yes - it works for me too.

With that being said, I believe I will join that thread to consolidate the effort to figure this out.

The USB drives are attached to the LE box directly (via a 8 port USB hub). I have, even though I didn't think it mattered, changed the min SMB version to 1, but no effect on this issue.

The motherboard is an ASROCK single board computer and video is via HDMI. No h/w changes at all.

Interestingly, I can play video from this LE box, when I attach to it from a Mac running Kodi 17.6. So, it would appear that the filesystem is functioning correctly on the server LE box. Must be something with the player? Music won't play either, so I'm thinking not a video issue per se.

Just upgraded from 8.0.2 to 8.2.1.

Two issues:

1) remote was acting strange, doing double keystrokes. This was fixed by turning off lirc. At the time, playback did work ok.

2) Since I turned off lirc, I have been unable to playback any videos from USB or youtube. I turned lirc back on, but still no playback.

Repeated the upgrade, still no playback. USB drives are available and files show properly, but nothing will play.

I didn't want to subscribe to SD's DVR service, so I set up NextPVR on a spare windows machine, which runs great. The added benefit was that I could also run com skip on that server. This is a very nice setup on Kodi Krypton (worked on Jarvis also), but does take some tinkering to get it all set up and working. You can review my posts on the nextPVR forum, if you decide to go that route. It may save you HOURS of time.