Posts by Shoog

I went into the ROOT account and then plugged in the SD card, this gave me access to the STORAGE partition and from there I changed the permissions on the partition to allow general users to access it.
    The purpose of this was to be able to copy across my TVH and Webgrabplus user folders from a running system to the SD card. Its the final stage of performing a clean install on the SD card which I can then copy over the internal install I just copied out of. Anyone who has gone through the various stages of tweaking a TVheadend server and Webgrabplus setup will appreciate why I wanted to save myself the hours of hassle.

Shoog

Not quite the same but related to it.

If I plug my CoreElec SD card into my Linux (opensuse) computer it loads the STORAGE partition as a different user to my Linux account and then wont let me alter anything on the card. This is very inconvenient as it forces me to do modifications over SAMBA whilst the card is running the CoreElec system. I need to copy over some Userdata Addon-data folders to customise my build.

If I try to run my file browser as ROOT it doesn't show either of the SD partitions because they have been allocated to the user account on plugging in the SD card.

This maybe a consequence of the draconian permissions policy within Opensuse, but when I try to mount the card in Win7 it only shows the SYSTEM partition and the STORAGE is missing because its ext4 format.

Any clues.

Shoog

Not sure regarding permissions...strange thing is Tvheadened is loading a local playlist and recording to the same HDD where webgrab downloads the xml and working fine..

If its anything like TVheadend on Linux OS, then it operates as its own user which means that it has limited permissions, however the rest of the LE OS runs as root which means that webgrabplus is run by a different user (root) to TVheadend.

I may be wrong about this but it explains why placing the guide.xml into the correct location is important. The reason that Tvheadend has no problem accessing your playlist is because it is the TVheadend user which created it in the first place.

Shoog

It seems to have turned out you were right CVH my box configuration was somehow corrupted. I rolled back to an earlier version and the Digibit Twin reappeared on the DVB tab. Setup and working fine. Haven't yet tried moving both feeds over to the Digibit and that will tell if there is some other lingering issue. I also switched off a remote Router which may have been messing up the DNS service on the network. Could have been a combination of causes.

Anyway its working now so thanks.

Shoog

best guess you somehow killed your Tvh install

disable Tvh, copy your userdata, delete the userdata, start Tvh again and have a look if it works there

OK will try.

EDIT: Ok did a clean install of the tvheadend server and this at least reinitialized the satips process. Seems I still need to give it the description file.

Code
    2018-04-10 19:04:16.667 htsp: 192.168.1.14 [ Kodi Media Center ]: Identified as user ''
    Code
    2018-04-10 19:04:17.658 avahi: Service 'Tvheadend' successfully established.
    Code
    2018-04-10 19:07:30.806 satip: Triggered new server discovery
    Code
    2018-04-10 19:07:51.129 satips: use --satip_bindaddr parameter to select the local IP for SAT>IP
    Code
    2018-04-10 19:07:51.129 satips: using Google lookup (might block the task until timeout)
    Code
    2018-04-10 19:07:51.228 satips: Starting SAT>IP RTSP server 172.21.28.41:554
    Code
    2018-04-10 19:07:51.228 satips: SAT>IP Server reinitialized
    Code
    2018-04-10 19:07:51.228 satips:   HTTP 172.21.28.41:9981, RTSP 172.21.28.41:554
    Code
    2018-04-10 19:07:51.228 satips:   descramble 1, muxcnf 0
    Code
    2018-04-10 19:07:51.229 satips:   tuner[fe=1]: DVB-S #1
    Code
    2018-04-10 19:07:51.229 satips:   tuner[fe=2]: DVB-S2 #1
    Code
    2018-04-10 19:09:23.250 satip: Triggered new server discovery

I am weary at this stage, very weary.

Its starting to look like a fresh install of the whole system might be the only solution to clearing out the bugs.

I just can't understand how it found the Digibit once and then simply moving the SAT cable shagged the whole setup.

Shoog

Tried all those things and no change. Looking for a guide I came across on the TVH forum which told you some ways to debug this but can't seems to find it again.

OK found the guide:

SAT>IP protocol - Tvheadend
    "

- The TVHeadEnd can't discover your device using the SSDP/UPNP protocol. In this case you can fix it forcing to read the device description. Edit the file "/etc/default/tvheadend" and add the URL of the XML description of your device (you can found the URL with some external tool). As example TVH_ARGS="--satip_xml description.xml". With this I fixed the discovery of my STB device."

But this bit is just plain cryptic, what external tool and where do I look for the device description. It is looking for the description file and falling down.

Shoog

Ok cheers for the input. Will try the wait for network setting on LE. there is a clue that it might be this because i also consistently get the message seen in post 577 of [8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

I have a suspicion that it might be a permissions issue as I am also having problems importing my webgrabplus guide.xml as well. Everything else operates as ROOt but I believe that tvh operates as a special user so if the permissions are wrong it will not be able to read/write settings.

What i am going to do:

- set wait for network.

- chmod the permissions on my webgrabplus and TVheadend42 folders to 755

- set all the trace options on my TVheadend server and see what errors its throwing

- check firewall is disabled

Its just odd that TVH detected the server once and then promptly forgot all about it when I moved the second feed over from my dTV card. I have however experienced similar behaviour with my old HDstar usb card and the dTV, and always found card detection very sensitive on my last PC based setup.

Shoog

Could you check with windows and dvbiewer lite SETUP_SATIP.zip if the setup works at windows ?

just to be sure that the initial setup works.

Btw as far as I know it works, no problems that I am aware of.

Pls use "wait for network" option at the le settings or tvh might start before you have an network.

Just got it working on my Android Tablet so its definitely OK. Seems important to use the first LNB input or it fails to scan for channels.

Will try the wait for network and a reboot in a bit.

EDIT: Tried that option, but could only get it to wait for 1 tuner and the onboard dTV tuner would satisfy that. Made no difference.

EDIT: OK worked out how to set the wait for two tuners - but now the TVH doesn't launch.

Shoog

Just got myself one of the TELESTAR digibit twin and I noticed that CvH was discussing it over on the KodiNerd forum. I have it connected but with the instructions only been in German I am having a few issues setting it up.

Using TVheadend 4.2 and I have had it working once and both tuners appeared in the DVB tuners TAB in conjunction with my VIM2 dTV board tuner, had two streams going at once showing it was working. Since then I migrated both my SAT feeds to the Telestar and ever since it has disappeared from the TVheadend interface. Don't know much about the inner workings of TVh and I think the settings are in different locations on LE compared to a Linux setup. Not much clear advice on this device outside of Germany.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Shoog

Hi,

This is a strange one for me. I have never had any issues setting up remote TVH clients within LE, but recently I have no success getting them working.

The symptom is that none of my remote clients respond to the IP address of the TVHeadend server. They both get stuck at loading PVR setting/channels. So it appears that they can see the tvheadend server but the server cannot see them.

I also noticed that the local box which has the Tvheadend server can only connect to the server via the localhost IP address.

This has only just begun since I upgraded to a recent Leia alpha build. It also only seems to start happening when I have enabled a whole rake of other addons. I don't quite know where to look for clues as to what has happened.

I am wondering about deleting the TVheadend server and reinstalling it to see if that clears up the problem, but this is a bit drastic at this stage.

What logs do I need to show ?

Shoog

Shoog, please have more details where the two files are placed, how do I stop lirc service?

Thank you

Read the first post in this thread to see where the files go.

Switching off Lircd involves creating a file autostart.sh which is placed in the "/storage/.config/" folder. This file should have contain the single line.

systemctl stop eventlircd

You can create this file using gedit and samba, or using ssh and nano. You may encounter issues if using Windows Notepad.

This command will now execute on every reboot.

Shoog

Don't know if I am missing something obvious here, but it seems that the old "file Lists" > manage setting has gone missing. I have just looked in all the usual places and cannot find it. I want to be able to set Kodi to allow me to delete files from the context menu which used to be quite straightforward to set.

Am I missing something obvious or is this setting gone ?

EDIT: Found it, moved to MEDIA in settings.

Shoog