Posts by SusisStrolch

The reason seems to be the length of the PATH environment variable of my build host ().

Default, the path is ~140 chars in length:

Code
    ~/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/jdk/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/jdk/db/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/jdk/jre/bin

When shortening the PATH to

Code
    /home/strolch/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/jdk/jre/bin

the error doesn't show up.

(clean) build fails when trying to cross compile for i.mx6 architecture.

the log from failing build: - · GitHub

Ok, last one was a guess. udevadm shows a bit more:

So it seems to be a problem with the "plugged" state...

What does your /sys/devices/soc0/soc.0/20e0000.hdmi_video/uevent look like?

Mine contains

Code
    hummingboard:~ # cat /sys/devices/soc0/soc.0/20e0000.hdmi_video/cable_state 
    plugin DVI
    hummingboard:~ # cat /sys/devices/soc0/soc.0/20e0000.hdmi_video/uevent 
    DRIVER=mxc_hdmi
    OF_NAME=hdmi_video
    OF_FULLNAME=/soc/hdmi_video@020e0000
    OF_COMPATIBLE_0=fsl,imx6q-hdmi-video
    OF_COMPATIBLE_N=1
    MODALIAS=of:Nhdmi_videoT<NULL>Cfsl,imx6q-hdmi-video

So I suspect there's something missing when creating the udev event and the monitor is connected via DVI - because the T-field seems empty...

Seems the device type isn't set with DVI connections (excerpt from: drivers/of/device.c)

Code
    /* Name & Type */
        csize = snprintf(str, len, "of:N%sT%s", dev->of_node->name,
                 dev->of_node->type);

All kernels (starting from 8.0.0) show the same version - 3.14.79.

I'll investigate a bit myself to see if it only happens with DVI connection monitor. I have to admit I also changed the monitor port in the past, but didn't notice this behaviour.

In fact, now I only see

Code
    Aug 11 14:27:48 hummingboard kernel: mxc_hdmi 20e0000.hdmi_video: mxc_hdmi_cable
    _connected reports DVI mode
    Aug 11 14:27:48 hummingboard kernel: mxc_hdmi 20e0000.hdmi_video: Same EDID
    Aug 11 14:27:47 hummingboard kernel: mxc_hdmi 20e0000.hdmi_video: mxc_hdmi_cable
    Aug 11 14:27:47 hummingboard kernel: mxc_hdmi 20e0000.hdmi_video: Same EDID
    Aug 11 14:27:46 hummingboard kernel: mxc_hdmi 20e0000.hdmi_video: mxc_hdmi_cable
    Aug 11 14:27:46 hummingboard kernel: mxc_hdmi 20e0000.hdmi_video: Same EDID

repeating each second.

After some iterations over SD-card and different versions I finally found the reason why it shows up.

I've changed my "uEnv.txt" in the past and added "debug progress splash=off" as additional command line parameter.

After adding the debug option it even shows up in a clean, new installation on a virgin SD-card.

But anyway - there's something wrong - either on my side (DVI connector) or with the kernel.

The irritating part is the 'of:Nhdmi_videoT<NULL>Cfsl,imx6q-hdmi-video' thrown in the log file...

Just updated my hummingboard (with VDR for TV-recording) to vpeters LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.2-3.14-sr image.

Starting with the 8.0.2 the systemd journal is flooded each second:

Because my SAT receiver (DVBSky S960 DVB-S2) doesn't work anymore with newer kernels I'm bound to the 3.14-sr.

Here's a part of the boot log:

By using GCC 6.2 to build master (also 7.90.x and 7.02) I stumbled because of some non C++11 conform code fragments in Kodi.
    I fixed them by the following patch:

Another very interesting problem showed up during further make (cmake):

I finally found out that my PATH was too large - it looks like there's some limitation around 256 bytes in cmake(??) during invokation of external commands.
    After removing the multipe defined JAVA path fragments and therefore shrinking the PATH size the build worked without further problems.