Posts by awiouy

Working now, It was indeed set to 30005. Set to 320 works fine now.

Also, if this addon requires docker, then it should be downloaded as a dependencey for this addon.

Thanks!

Awesomeness

I am glad the addon works for you now.
    The problem obviously lies in the transition from preview release 90 to a later release, as already reported by Dom4Jack in the other thread.
    I will update the first post to instruct uninstalling preview release 90 before installing release 100 or later.

This addon does not require Docker, yet, but that may change in the future.

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry this is not working...

8.0.90 worked fine... Ever since the submission to libreelec repo, the addon updated to 8.0.100 and now I cannot see the device available from my iPhone spotify app.

Hello Loggio,

I am sorry to read that it is not working for you, and glad you could find a solution.
    I could maybe help you fix the problem if you provide me with more details.

Would you please be so kind to uninstall the addon and then reinstall it from the repository.
    Then check the bit rate in the settings: it should be blank, 90, 160 or 320, but not 30005.
    If the addon from the repository still does not work, could you please send me a log, edited to remove userid and password, by private mail.
    To produce a log in the downloads folder, type the following command at the console:

Code
    journalctl -u service.spotify-connect-web > /storage/downloads/scw.log

Thank you in advance

Spotify Connect Web is replaced by Librespot, and is not further maintained.

Team LibreELEC is pleased to announce that Spotify Connect Web is available as an addon from the LibreELEC repository.

Unfortunately, the spotify-connect-web project, on which the addon is based, does not run on every LibreELEC project, and overcoming this limitation lies with the spotify-connect-web project. As a consequence thereof, Spotify Connect is only available for Raspberry Pi 2 and 3, Wetek Core and Wetek Play.

Operation
    1. Install the addon
    2. Get your spotify_appkey.key from here
    3. Place the spotify_appkey.key in the addon home folder, usually smb://libreelec.local/userdata/addon_data/service.spotify-connect-web
    4. Optionally enter your Spotify username and password
    5. Configure ALSA with the wizard
    6. Save the settings
    7. Check the service with the web interface at port 4000
    8. Play Spotify through the service, using a Spotify app as a remote
    9. Enjoy!

Further Reading
    spotify-connect-web README.md
    Spotify Connect forum thread

Feedback
    Please share your feedback on this thread.

Enjoy!

Hello awiouy.
    This is what my raspberry told me:

Thanks for your help.

The bitrates offered by the plugin are: 320, 160, 90, blank.

According to your output, playback device should be hw:0,0

Incidentally, your output also shows that the addon did not reach the point where it enable the onboard alsa interface.
    The addon expects a spotify_appkey.key in its home folder.
    Could you check that this is indeed the case.
    To consult the addon's log: journalctl -u service.spotify-connect-web.

As for the mixer, I am trying to find it out.
    I have acquired a hifiberry DAC+. I managed to have it play, but I have not been able to set the volume, yet

Thank you for the bit rates
    [hr]

No Problem mate. We have to thank you for making Spotify Connect available via an addon. It's so simple for endusers. Thank you very much.

320kbit is working great!

Hello Dom4Jack,

topix could not reproduce your problem, either.
    Maybe unistalling/reinstalling the addon will fix it.
    Incidentally, release 100 is available from the LibreELEC repository.

Let me know.

Hello,

I would like to use Libreelec on Raspberry pi 3 wiht official 7" screen. It is working fine except one thing. When I shutdown Libreelec the screen does not turn off. It continues to fade out in cycles. It is connected via DSI port and powered from GPIO pins. I also tested seperate power supply for the screen but it does the same.

Is there a way how to shut the screen down completely through the shutdown commnad? Power on/off button is not an option because I want to use delayed/scheduled shutdown.

Thanks

Hello tecko,

You might find a way to turn off the screen here, and how to customize shutdown here.

Thank you for creating this plugin, i have been waiting for this for a long time :)
    I use Libreelec v7 with kodi kyrpton. Additionally i installed a hifiberry digi+.
    Unfortunately i get no sound when i connect to libreelec. Neither via the hifiberry nor hdmi or headphone jack.

Is there anything i have to write in the mixer or hw field?

Thank you in advance.

Hello topix,

I have no hifiberry device, so I can't experiment myself.
    I therefore need you to provide me the output of the following console commands commands:
    1. cat /flash/config.txt
    2. aplay -l
    3. aplay -L
    4. dtoverlay hifiberry-digi
    5. aplay -l
    6. aplay -L

Incidentally, to assess another issue mentioned by Dom4Jack, would you be so kind to tell me what bit rates are available in the addon settings (blank, 90, 160, 320 or 30005, 90, 160, 320).

Thank you in advance

Yes i've downloaded your zip file and installed this via Kodi addons-menu (from the zip)
    I've uploaded a photo for you. You can see the "30005-Bitrate" on it. This was directly after updating. If i'm using the down-arrow the next bitrate is 320, 160, 90 (but not blank).
    With 30005 set up the server isn't starting.
    I think labels are correct.

Foto 04.08.16, 09 33 27.jpg - directupload.net

I can't reproduce this problem.
    I will address it if it remains with release 100, which should soon be available from the LibreELEC repository.
    Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for testing.
    Waiting for further feedback.

So when will this addon be avaible for odroid C2?

Hello Marciano,

I am sorry to have to disapoint you.

WebGrab+Plus is not available for Odroid C2, because it requires Mono, and I have not been able to build Mono for the aarch64 architecture, ie the Odroid C2 project.

In summary: the versions of Mono that support aarch64 do not cross compile for LE; bug tickets have been submitted, but to no avail.

Moreover, Odroid C2 does not provide docker, so that is not an alternative.

If I could bring Mono to Odroid C2, I gladly would.

Hi nickr,
    I had overlooked you are building for LE7.
    I have managed to build the PR for LE8, after adding the xdotool dependency to chromium (I updated the PR accordingly).
    I will try to build the PR for LE7 during the night, to see if I can reproduce your issue.
    If not, I will post the addon on this thread.
    Just in case you can runtime test on LE8, here is chromium with xdotool for LE8.
    Thank you for your patience.

DomJ4ck,

I was unable to reproduce your problem.
    You are installing the addon via Kodi install from zip file, right?
    If you go to the addon settings in the Kodi GUI, are the labels correctly displayed? What are the available bit rates (should be blank, 90, 160 and 320)?

ALSA is Advanced Linux Sound Architecture, used by some applications, but not by Kodi on LibreELEC

Do I have to modify my config.txt to enable alsa to make the addon work?

Hello cyberden,

No, the addon takes care of enabling alsa. Just make sure that the volume (set from your Spotify app) is high enough: spotify-connect-web becomes inaudible even at a relatively high volume.

Hey awiouy,

Amazing, thank you for your work.

I'll try it out in the evening today!

Will this addon be integrated in the Libreelec Repo? There are already addons which were created by you :)

I'll give you feedback.

I am looking foward to your feedback.

I have submitted a pull request for the addon. Let's see if it makes it.

I however think that the pull request will stand a better chance if it provides for more projects than just RPi2, eg RPi and other arm projects. I have therefore created a docker image (about 50 MB) for that purpose. I should have the time to test it soon.

If it works, I will simply replace the current binary wrapped in the addon by that docker container.

I have updated the preview addons, see my updated post above.
    I hope they will work for you.

My next steps:
    1. create a small Alpine based docker image to run spotify-connect-web on all LibreELEC arm projets
    2. offload ALSA configuration (common to spotify-connect-web, squeezelite, etc) to a dedicated addon

Yeah I don't know of another use except to drive a browser. If you want to include it in chromium, thats great. I will learn from what you do!

Hello nickr!

This builds:

I will add it to chromium, the same way as I added unclutter.
    I might not have the time to do it tonight, though.
    [hr]
    Hello nickr,

This is how I suggest to add xdotool to chromium.
    Would you please be so kind to build and runtime test it.
    Thank you in advance.