Posts by awiouy

Hello everyone, will there be a solution soon?

Greetings

Hello susumo,

There is a solution to this problem, but it introduces a new issue, on my installation at least.

I can send you a test build to determine if this new issue is limited to my installation.

What version of LibreELEC are you running, and on what hardware?

Hi, Device is a X96 Max S905X2 4g/64g, running CoreELEC (official): 9.2.2 (Amlogic-ng.arm). emby4 is the latest version from the CoreElec repository 9.2.107, and the Dotnet is (I guess you mean .net Core runtime?) version is 9.2.109. I have uploaded the Dmesg | paste logfirst after boot (emby4 has not started) http://ix.io/2m9g . Below is the SSH screen output after I tried to start manually start emby4 with .kodi/addons/service.emby4/bin/emby4.start it failed! I then went back into the emby4 addon up and updated again and then it runs. journal log below the manual start up log

Hello,

That log shows that Emby starts correctly but then crashes when starting LiveTV.

Try to disable LiveTV if you know how to do that.

Otherwise refer the problem to Emby support.

avahi is turned on and active:

Code
    avahi-daemon.service                   loaded active       running      stop  Avahi Daemon

I disabled recovery mode and used my user id and both possible password (account password and device-specific password)

Both options did not work. I don't see librespot as option in my devices.

Anything else I could check?

If you are using a VPN, disable it

I just turned on "wait for network" but it did not resolve the issue. Librespot is not shown in any of the devices tested.

Maybe it has to do with the general detectability of Kodi. I wanted to set up the remote using Kore (Android remote app) and Kodi wasn't automatically found. I had to add the details manually to establish a connection. This is weird since earlier versions of LibreELEC were found on the network without issues.

Do you think the problems are related?

You might try two things:

1. check that avahi is enabled in LibreELEC settings, and if not enable it

2. If that does not fix your issue, disable discovery mode in Librespot settings and enter your username/password

Did you set 'wait for network' in LibreELEC network settings? If not, do so and reboot.

Otherwise, your log does not show anything abnormal.

All right thanks, I don't understand much of this, but do you think i should report this issue to the coreelec devs, so they can adjust their tool chain?

Yes, please do report this to the CoreELEC devs.

Together, we might be able to fix your issue.

4Style,

Your log contains a lot of such lines:

Code
    CoreELEC kernel: "librespot" (4646) uses deprecated CP15 Barrier instruction at 0xab353840

According to this, people aren't / won't be able to use Rust on Linux with CP15_BARRIER_EMULATION=y & abi.cp15_barrier=1 (emulation, default value) & arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf toolchain.

This could be the case for CoreELEC.

emby4.start

Code
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby4/lib/libMagickCore-7.Q16HDRI.so.6' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby4/lib/libMagickCore-7.Q16HDRI.so.6' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
    cat: error while loading shared libraries: libMagickCore-7.Q16HDRI.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.dotnet-runtime/bin/le_dotnet: line 8: dotnet: not found

Ouch!

I see the problem.

I will try to send you a test fix tonight.

You LibreELEC 9.2 right?

Hi awiouy thanks for getting back to me. I have updated all addons so I'm assuming dotnet is up to date. Output of journalctl -u service.emby4 is blank. I'll try refreshing the repo's see if it's missing an update.

systemctl status service.emby4.service reports:

Just seen an old thread re emby and this command might help? ldd $(which dotnet):

Code
            linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffe41508000)
            libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007febe8c4c000)
            libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007febe8c32000)
            libc.musl-x86_64.so.1 => not found
            libm.so.6 => /usr/lib/libm.so.6 (0x00007febe8af2000)
            libc.so.6 => /usr/lib/libc.so.6 (0x00007febe893c000)
            /lib/ld-musl-x86_64.so.1 => /usr/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007febe8fe6000)

Thank you for the feedback.

I am surprised by the references to musl.

I will check that tonight.

In the meantime, can you try to run the command 'emby4.start' and let me know what it does?

Any ideas?

Hello 4Style

It is difficult for me to assess your problem:

- I do not know what version of Librespot is shipped with CoreELEC

- you do not provide a log

- I am not able to run CoreELEC or build addons for that distribution

I am however willing to assist.

Please tell me what version of Librespot you are trying to run, and in return I will tell you how to provide a log.

Your description hints at a mndns/dns-sd issue. Have you tried to disable discovery mode (and enter username/password) in the addon settings?

Hello brot

I am not sure what is happening on your system.

Could you provide the output of 'pactl list modules short', to check that the addon has correctly set up pulseaudio.