Posts by Dalton63841

I guess something was interfering... I started with a brand new install, and just copied over the couple files I needed. Everything is working perfectly, right out of the gate. One more question though...

Any who is using Drastic DS emulator, is the cursor working on the second screen? I love the DS emulator, but I can't play any of the games that require use of the second screen, because the cursor/finger thing doesn't show up at all.

@Dalton63841 you can try to update/download all autoconfig from retroarch settings> online updater> autoconfig you can get there using a keyboard or libreleec VNC addon and connect from a PC, tablet or phone.

Also you can try my personal cfg files for DS4, attached.

I got it working. I had 2 different controllers (both official Sony) from an old PS4 and neither would play nice, but my new controller to my 4 Pro works perfectly. I'm guessing the old controllers are just on their last legs. Anyway, all good now. Thanks anyway.

Thanks. Just to eliminate any weirdness, I made a fresh install of Libreelec 8.0.2, then installed your repo, and installed just RetroArch. When I launch it, it recognizes is as a Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller. However, the controller just doesn't do anything. If I kill Kodi and launch it manually, I can see that it is loading Sony-Playstation4-DualShock4-Controller.cfg, which seems right.

I would just remap, but I don't have any way to actually DO anything in RetroArch. It's just so strange, yesterday was the same, but I did something with that cfg file and it started working. Just wish I could remember what I did.

Can't you do it from RA gui directly with controller?

Crap... It just occurred to me that the last time I launched retroarch directly, was BEFORE I got the controller working. However, when I go to Load Core, there are none listed. I think I'm going to need to reinstall it anyway. I saved one config and now it is jerky and locking up.

EDIT: And now, I can't get it to recognize my controller at all. Well, Retroarch does say it is configured at launch, but the controller doesn't respond. I can't remember what I did yesterday to make it recognize it. I copied a file somewhere. It's a Sony PS4 controller, using it wired.

Yes you can...all settings you need are in retroarch...general remapping,core remapping or rom specific remapping..To be honest I m using a snes controller and never had the need to change anything yet...can play most games besides a couple psx...I just done few hot keys that I use frequently like quit RA and reset game..

If you r using both ES and AEL and want to save space you can use same artwork for both..just edit games.xml

I'm uninstalling ES now that I have AEL playing nice. I'll have to grab a keyboard to deal with RetroArch directly. I'm having no luck figuring out what file to edit or create in terminal. The default configuration is perfect almost across the board, except on NES. Instead of Triangle and "O" I prefer to use Square and "X". It's much more comfortable.

For Pi Libreelec use `/storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/addon.sh`

Arguments for Nes roms "fceumm "%rom%" $categoryID$ $launcherID$ $romID$"

You should download this file AEL Assets and use as a template or go to AEL settings → I/O → Import category/launcher configuration... and select the systems you want to import one by one

If I was you I ll have a good look here before setting up AEL...scroll down to AdditionalInfo-Advanced Emulator Launcher...All the info you need is there...

I saw all that other stuff. I was just suffering a bit of info overload. Literally 5 minutes after I made that post I figured it out and got it fixed. All working perfectly now.

One more question, although this may be more RetroArch specific... Is there a way to do core specific controller remapping? Note that I don't have a keyboard for retroarch. I'm working strictly from terminal.

I set this up yesterday and after some hiccups getting controllers and sound working, it's working great. EmulationStation works great, but I can't get AEL set up. All the examples of launchers I can find are wildly different from the structure on Pi Libreelec. I thought I had it figured out, but when I try to launch it, the screen just goes black and stays that way.

I'm obviously doing something wrong with the command or arguments lines. This is the only thing actually useful in the very tiny log

Code
    Launching using AEL (-f -v /storage/emulators/roms/nes/Mario Bros.nes)

I have "Application" set to `/storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/addon.start`, and "Modify Arguments" set to `fceumm "$rom$"`

Hey,
    Just a quick question.

My Setup consists of 2 Raspberry Pis one with Libreelec and one with Openmediavault as my Network Storage.
    I am looking for a way to send a simple shutdown order to the RPI wit OMV when i shutdown my Libreelec System.

The Reason is quite simple that both of the PI´s are attached to the same Power outlet with a switch that i turn off over night (the whole media System)
    If i just switch the power of and back on again the OMV System doesn´t start normally cause the SD card gets corrupted.

I hope you guys understand what i am trying to archive here

You could try adding something like "ssh OMVusername@OMVIPaddress 'sudo shutdown -h now' &" to a shutdown.sh file. Barring that, I haven't actually done anything with this for quite some time, but it should still work... I created an addon a while back to be able to turn my debian home server on/off with an addon. GitHub - Dalton63841/script.nas.power: Kodi addon to control a home server/NAS It does require passwordless ssh-key login to be setup though. I'm not sure how that works on OMV.

Thanks, I thought I have to put the files into the update shared folder...

It's my understanding that you can just drop the SYSTEM and KERNEL files into the update folder. I just prefer to do it the old manual way because it eliminates any chances of a failed update. My storage partition is on USB, so I just pull the SD, replace the files, and boot up. If you are unfamiliar with the exact file structure though, it's probably best to just do it with the update folder.

I just did the upgrade myself from Openelec 6.0.3 last night. I downloaded the tar, and replaced the files in the /flash partition, except config.txt and cmdline.txt. (Of course I have a backup of the storage partition)

When it first loaded, I had my doubts about smoothness, but I guess there is a lot to update between the database and Jarvis addons, and it wanted to rescrape my music for some reason. After about 10 minutes it levelled off and the smooth experience I've always had came back. All in all... It's pretty much the exact same as Openelec, only with Jarvis, at this point. (Not that I'm complaining)