Posts by 2re

When was the last change applied by afl1 ?
    Couldn't get USB to boot the 8.90.6 with either the supplied dtb or the previous dtb from 8.90.5, so lets clarify do you have to return to stock to upgrade. 8.90.5 boots just fine from USB when 8.90.5 is on internal as well.

Shoog

I have no problem booting 8.90.6 form SD on Nexbox and KI pro. So it defiantly works;)

For once I wish I could step back from the bleeding edge, but decisions by people developing hardware support mean I am stuck on the knife edge. Wish I had have went with the KII Pro, but was sucked in by Khada's false advertising about the level of support for their product. Might just save myself the grief and get a KII Pro anyway.

Shoog

I'm I to understand that your life is ruined by a cheep china box? ;(

I'm glad it works great for you

There has been minor issues of which I acknowledge but these are mainly introduced by the Kodi team, some I have been responsible for but nothing to the degree of what is reported.

There is too much inconsistency with testing and too much b/s from users who don't know what they are doing and cause half the problems themselves, ie dtb issues/ installing to internal/ not providing kodi and kernel logs/ changing sysfs kernel flags/ using build threads as a q&a/ telling me my decisions are bad.

It would help if developers had the ability to moderate their own threads but we don't and I can't make head or tail of things because of all the noise that is generated.

I'm burned out from it all and I'm not the only one, it's ashame because when I started I was full of enthusiasm for LE on Amlogic but the forums and past issues with how LE is run has totally drained me to the point I don't want to carry on anymore and that is why I have asked for the thread to be closed.

I'm sorry to hear that, but working as a developer/systemdesigner/IT-Manager since 1980 I totally understand. You have done a GRATE job with these built's and all your work is very much appreciated. I wish you all the best for the future! And a BIG Thanks for all the grate work!

cheers

-tore

I'v been using thees builds form some time now, and I'm amazed by all the problems people have. I have never had ha problem with these built's except miner issues regarding hardware vs LE.

So; Just an observation from working with computers since 1980. When ever I'm present there is never a problem with any computers, but as soon as I leave the room S**t happens. Now I know that the computers are not aware of my presence. So the only logical explanation is; When the Boss leaves the room every one becomes a computer expert.

So my advice is; If you don't know what your doing, or you think you know what your doing, stick to the stable versions. ;)

I've gone back to 8.90.4 too, it's a pretty solid build for me. Adamg mentioned that downgrading is not possible due to the new partitions so it might be essential to do a fresh install, and if you're installed to internal it may well break everything but I've uploaded it to dropbox anyway Dropbox - LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.4.img.gz (use at your own risk, etc. etc.)

Don't know if install detects the right devise tree, But after burning img.gz to a sd-card there is a directory named device_trees. Delete the dtb.img from root and copy the right one to root and rename it dtb.img. ;)

I've just made a quick test.

AAC, DD, DD+, DTS, DTS HD, TrueHD, LPCM passthrough OK.

UHD BD plays fine except I have to wait 5-10 sec until the video starts.

Some of my 4k test files (for example 4K_HD.Club_Showreel-2013-100mbps) cannot play, there is no video signal on tv until I stop it blindly.

For daily use why don't you use LE 7 or LE 8?

AAC 2.0 Don't work on my KI pro(S905D), But it works on my Nexbox(S905X).

Thanks for the replies, just one more question.. 2re you said to get a hub with external power, both my drives (wd mybook 4tb) have their own external power supply so would a powered hub still be necessary? -the less plugs/adapters etc the better 😅

No, as long as all devices connected to the hub has its own power it wold be ok. Connecting dongles(mouse/keyboard etc.) will also be no problem ;)

ps. I'v got 9 of them connected withe 4 HUB's serial connected to another, and I have no problems ;)

ps.ps The first HUB has a powersupply, but with only one HUB you don't need one;)

I just checked and it doesn't appear to, although it's a little hard to tell as my eyes start playing tricks on me once I start staring at things :p. My first thoughts were maybe something to do with deinterlacing but it's also doing it on progressive videos.

Your post just now made me think of some kind of anti-burn-in done by the TV but I don't think it is that as it's never done it before and I've only started noticing it on 8.90.6. Most of the time it's not noticeable it's just when I'm watching something with a static camera, like in a TV studio I notice the picture shifting around.

If it's a TV problem, than you should see it with all your boxes(see that you have listed s905D & S905) in what ever version. If you only see it on one box, i would thing it's a faulty chip/connection. Or maybe you are draining to much power from the USB ports.

I mentioned this in the other thread before it was closed but has anyone else experienced the picture shifting a pixel or so left and right constantly with 8.90.6? It's really noticeable on any video with static vertical lines. I thought it was just with DVB stuff but I've noticed it on other videos too now.

Just did some more test's and both my Nexbox and MeCool have no such shifting. Dose it stop when you pause the video?

Not sure if anybody will see this now but I thought I’d try here before opening another thread...

I’ve ordered a u-green usb 3.0 gigabit adapter but my mecool m8s only has 2 USB ports and they are both being used by my external drives.

If I buy a usb hub could I connect that to my mecool and then connect both my drives to the hub and then the gigabit adapter straight into the mecool.

If the hub would work for my drives would kodi recognise them as two separate drives and would I still be able to add content from both of them to my library?

Yes;) But I would recommend one with external power.