Posts by punter

My HD18Q image from the LE 9.2 branch can be used on the MK808B+

hey dude thanks for that! I had one in a box from donkies years ago and just updated from 7.90beta4 lol

it still has an openelec splash screen on boot, any idea how to get rid of that?

and even though it says CEC connected on startup it doesn't recognise my Samsung remote?

thanks again!

Box is an F2 S905X2 4gb ram 32gb mmc

Doesn't boot, doesn't load libreelec....tried loads of builds mainly balbes.....

I can get it to load coreelec from an SD card BUT only if I hold the reset button in EVERY BOOT, purpley screen then release

After it has booted I can ssh in and see this

Is this symptomatic of a knackered bootloader?

Is there anyway to rewrite mmcblk0 the internal flash?

the memory chip is kmrx10014m if that helps

Thanks!

Any of these builds work on a Nexbox A95X or an F2 with S905X2? that's got an AP6255 if that means anything...

I've used balbes builds in the past but now I can't get anything working on either of them! :(

OR anyone recommend a new box for like cheap?

What's a rockchip RK3328 like? I saw one of them with 4gb for dirt cheap on ali.....I know I don't need 4gb it just sounds good :S

Or I might just have to repurpose my PI4???

this CEC issue is weird and comes and gos with different builds

ie I have a Nexbox A95X, I was using a 'arm-all' build from 2 months ago, just updated to the latest armv8 build and it doesn't work again....

And I had a build about 3 months or so ago where it didn't work.....

Anyway I need a VPN client so can't use these builds it appears.....

Anyone recommend another build?

Thanks!

On s905x2 there are two wired network options, for proper operation you need to use the correct DTB.

Hi

I tried different DTBs but the wired still wouldn't work.....F2 S905X2 box....

Anyway I'm keen to get the wireless working! With your latest build it performs better than before but still drops off the network; appears to drop off quicker when 'under load'. Any way I can troubleshoot this?

It's not a hardware issue cos it works fine under coreelec but I've got libreelec installed in the emmc now and I'd like to run with your system if possible

Thanks

balbes150 something weird going on with networks here :P

s905x2 box, wired doesn't work, wireless works sporadically then totally drops off the network...

s905x box, wireless doesn't work at all, wired looks like it works really well! ?(

Edit: worked out why I couldn't connect to the boxes to use 'file sharing', need to go into 'LibreELEC services', minimum service needed is SMB1...sounds a bit backward but probably a linux thing, SMB=M$ cac, let's have NFS file sharing instead ;)

Hello,
    I've booted the latest image on my A95X F2 (s905x2) with 4Gb of RAM / 64 Gb of emmc.The first issue is the amount of RAM: only 3Gb are available.

Worst, Kodi crashed when I try to play a x265 video with hardware acceleration activated. I've tried all g12a dtb with no success.

Could you please tell if it is possible to change the hardware acceleration driver?

Thanks

Which video sample are you using? I'd like to try it....

Thanks to all the developers who give their time for these great builds :saint:

I have a couple of S905 boxes and started playing with a DVB-T2 stick

With kszaq's build on a 'X95mini' box the tuner gets automatically recognised, see here....

LibreELEC (community): 8.2.2.3 (S905.arm)

LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep dvb

[ 4.985113@1] usb 1-2: Product: dvbt2

[ 4.985119@1] usb 1-2: Manufacturer: astrometadvbt2

[ 13.105682@0] usb 1-2: dvb_usb_v2: found a 'Astrometa DVB-T2' in warm state

[ 13.166459@1] usb 1-2: dvb_usb_v2: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer

[ 13.166515@1] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (Astrometa DVB-T2)

[ 13.167811@1] dvbdev: dvb_create_media_entity: media entity 'dvb-demux' registered.

[ 13.182507@1] dvbdev: dvb_create_media_entity: media entity 'Realtek RTL2832 (DVB-T)' registered.

[ 13.280903@3] usb 1-2: dvb_usb_v2: schedule remote query interval to 200 msecs

[ 13.291045@3] usb 1-2: dvb_usb_v2: 'Astrometa DVB-T2' successfully initialized and connected

[ 13.291407@3] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_rtl28xxu

[ 13.391799@2] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (dvb_usb_rtl28xxu) registered at minor = 0

LibreELEC:~ #

But with this 8.90.1 build on a Nexbox A95X the stick doesn't get detected. Any ideas?

Thanks