Posts by Kiwi_man82

fanni sent me a box with the V3_1 board and I was able to play with it a little. I was also able to reproduce the issue and I think I have a fix!

The bad news about that board is that it has 512MB of physical RAM.

Here's screenshot from unpacked kernel proving that they are faking RAM amount in kernel log (They also fake RAM amount in free command in Android):

And here's a screenshot from kernel from other box that prints real RAM amount:

At first I thought they are somehow initializing the second RAM chip later but now I am almost 100% sure that half of the RAM is a fake.

Lol. Glad to hear that you might have found a fix for the issue of the v3_1 boxes freezing. And I guess big props to fanni2 for supply you a box with this board in it. He did mention to me that he was going to send you one. Was hoping to hear better news re the ram issue thou [PERSEVERING FACE] But I'm still confused as there are 2 ram chips marked as 512x8ddr3 each.....lol. Oh well, at least you now have one of the v3_1 boards too [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

The main difference is that LE uses Kodi 16.1 final whereas OE is still on 16.1rc2. Are you able to connect to the box over SSH/Samba when Kodi freezes? If yes, you know what to do...

Would love to be able to pull a log for you but unfortunately I have no response at all from the box, even freezes samba etc out [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hello kszaq

So I have decided to try using my box to stream movies off my local pc. I have a mix of sd and hd movies/tv series etc and I can setup LE to see my media all ok but when I try to play either sd or hd my box freezes and I have to pull the power plug. I then tried playing off a usb thumb drive and again the box froze up. Am running the m201d build off sd card. Didn't try this with your oe builds so I don't know if it is related to just le or both le and oe

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Edit : Just tried your latest build of oe for m201d devices and local network stream working fine so it's just le I'm having this problem with [emoji3]