Posts by frustrated_1

I did exactly the same thing after reading the migration guide.
    Seems I'm not the only one that has done it and it might be an idea to make it a bit clearer on the guide, which version should be selected.

As said, best way to recover is to create a LE USB install stick and select the repair/upgrade option from there. Sorted out the issue in seconds.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    [hr]
    By the way, I'm not criticising the LE team here. I think you've all done a great job with this. I've not noticed any bugs or anything so fat. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hello Everyone,

I need some help.. I want to migrate from OpenELEC to LibreELEC. I have downloaded LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2.tar From the Download page.. I Open up OpenELEC and put the tar file that I down loaded in the update file folder.. I reboot the machine and it see the New Kernel from the tar file and opens it up.. It unpacks everything. and does it checks that it passes.. Then continue to load everything.and re boots.. when it comes back on I get a Error message: Booting Kernel Failed: Invalid Argument So I put OpenELEC brand new nothing on kodi.. and tried it again.. The same thing happen again

Does anyone know what is going on?? Also is this the right file to use?? I have seen in the video that is is a different tar file than the download page has..

Tried to move from OpenELEC to LibreELEC. I've done exactly the same thing with the exact same error message and I have no idea how to fix it. All I get is a command prompt. How can I fix this please?

I sincerely hope i'm not going to lose everything in order to restore this :(
    [hr]
    Don't worry, I figured it out (had to create a USB installer and figure out how to get in to the bios). I'm relieved.