Posts by juramusger

Seasons greeting and a big thx in advance.

Dec 23rd build is running without boot issues on my box from SD, but:

1. 24p videos have bad stutter sometimes, several times per second, but no dropped frames according to PlayerDebug. You can see this in the attached log
    other 24p videos look alright but when looking for stutter (credit roll p.e.) you can also see the stutter (again multiple times per second, not the previous ~41s)

2. subtitles and other "overlays" like the debug messages are rendered incorrectly most of the time, they are "spotty". I tried to take screenshots, but the screenshots show the text clear, so I took photos of the screen to show it

please advise if you'd like me to provide further testing!

signature shows daily driver on NAND, this is testing from SD

Edit: both problems occur only when using HW acceleration

juramusger The ZIP is for S805 and it contains "old style" disp_cap. This means that you need to change "1080p" to "1080p60hz" and "720p" to "720p60hz". I forgot to mention this.

Fractional refresh rates are set automatically on Amlogic when needed. E.g. when you play 23.976fps video and have 24Hz refresh rate set, the driver will automatically switch to 23.976Hz.

yes, I automatically added this in my disp_cap as I already knew about the "new style" from trial and error. then 5 minutes after posting the success I thought about it and edited my post so others might find the info more easily.

thank you for the answer concerning fractional refresh rates!

Thank you very much kszaq and ukdaveuk! I used all the lines that the TV would announce when live before the box boots and it works beautifully.

But a question arises: what about the fractional refresh rates? I know that they don't properly work as of yet in Krypton, but shouldn't they be broadcast by the TV in order to allow Kodi to change to them when this becomes possible? Your comprehensive list also does not include them.

EDIT: For others that might arrive here to fix similar problems: note that the zip from kszaq includes lines like "1080p" without a refresh rate (meaning @60hz). Those don't work on my A95x (S905X), but I had already found out before with "echo 1080p > /sys/class/display/mode". On my box at least I have to include the refresh rate in every resolution, just as in the list by ukdaveuk above.

When I tried last time suspend wasn't working at all in the amlogic builds and the problem is that the flirc doesn't get power in suspend either, but I will try again. Thank you for your answer!

EDIT: still like that, so suspend unfortunately is a nogo for me, hence the need to just put the USB drive to sleep. any further ideas?

Hi, new here. Apologies if this has been asked, but when can 23.976 support be expected in Krypton builds? I was told at Kodi forum that it's presently only supported in Jarvis w/LibreELEC for AML S905/905X? Thanks.

I just saw that FRA patch by codesnake was included in latest libreelec alpha release by raybuntu for wetek play2 #15 .
    So it shouldn't be long, right kszaq?

Thank you so much everyone for your contributions!

Every time you turn that box off by pulling the plug a kitten dies. Would it not be better to sort that out?

It's not like it happens often, when I am finished with LE I normally send it to standby like everything else before cutting the power.
    Even if I only use the BDP I normally remember to switch to the LE box and switch it off. So only a moderate amount of kittens will be sacrificed over the years anyway.
    But I am not the only one using the TV and everything else here and I am not slapping a big sticker on the remote or something like that.
    So really I am looking for an elegant solution to protect the disk from accidental hard off.
    I would not be opposed to sending the whole LE to standby after a set period of time if could get it back on with the remote (Flirc).

Hi,

relatively new to LE and not too much Linux experience.

I use an Amlogic box, files are on an external USB disk. All devices go through an AVR. When finished with media consumption I switch the power off for all devices.

Here comes the issue: the LE box boots automatically when I switch on the power. when I did something else in the end, the Kodi box does not receive the CEC shutdown signal when the TV is switched off. So it is still on when I cut the power. It doesn't care to be hard shut off, but the HDD does.

My idea is to tell LE to unmount the disk when not in use for x minutes and remount on the next action. Is this possible (with an arson)? Or do you have another idea to protect the hdd from hard shut off?

Thank you!

first, thank you so much kszaq! the manufacturers of these cheap boxes owe you a huge amount of their profit.
    latest build works very well for me, I was expecting a plethora of problems buying budget and instead I was up and running in no time.

now the question: are fractional refresh rates supposed to work in these alpha builds?

I can see stutters every 41 seconds when playing 23,976fps files. system settings only offer integer refresh rates to choose from. as codecinfo is gone from krypton I cannot check in software and my TV doesn't distinguish between 23,976 and 24hz either.

this is on a Nexbox A95x, Nov 9th build. If fractional refresh rates are supposed to work, I will gladly provide debug logs