Posts by Trespasser

Hi Zomboided,
    Just curious. I know you use PIA, but I was wondering, do you ever use tcp to connect? I just signed up for a month of service (just trying it out) and in the config file section they offer a tcp strong selection. Personally, I always use udp.

Like I said, just curious.

Later...
    Bob

Hi,
    I was just wondering whether LE 7.0.2 fixed the problem where the brcmfmac kernel wifi driver would go into powersaving mode. It was suppose to have been fixed in kernel 4.4.5. LE 7.0.2 comes with kernel 4.4.13.

The reason I ask is because I have very slow smb transfer speeds between my laptop (Ubuntu 16.04) and my Pi3 (~300KB/s).

Thank you. :).

Bob

P.S.
    To be honest, this Pi3 has been nothing but trouble. Wish I still had my old Pi2, but I gave it to my brother. :(.

Hi chewitt,
    I hate to disagree with you on this point but the difference is quite noticeable. Addons take a lot longer to open up. My setup, meaning addons installed, on both OpenELEC 6.0.3 and LibreELEC 7.90.004 (augmented by Milhouse's 08-12-2016 upgrade) are identical (though I did install the Confluence skin in 004). The same problem persists even running Jarvis 16.1 (7.0.2) on either Pi2 or Pi3.

I'll have to learn how to provide a debug log via "cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | paste" before I can post it, but I will get around to it when time permits so bear with me.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
    Bob

Same "problem" here. LibreELEC, both Jarvis and the Krypton alpha builds (even Milhouse's updates...08/12/2016 is the one I presently have in use), seem sluggish and slow compared to OpenELEC 6.0.3.

This is on a Raspberry Pi 3.

I wonder what is slowing it down so much?

Bob