Posts by tkwou

Well I'm finally getting a handle on this Network Discovery stuff. The reason my Libreelec devices suddenly showed up on Network Discovery is that they got assigned the role as Master Browser and Backup Master Broswer in my network. My Network Receiver was suddenly able to browse the Network and once again became functional. It seems that when any of the Windows 10 computers become the Master Browser all the non-WSD devices disappear. I have a file server running Windows 2008 Server, so I made it the permanent Master Browser. Now everything shows up on Network Discovery again. Now if we could just fix browsing from the Libreelec end.:(

Hi is there any more activity on this front. I have a number of computers in my home. Some were on Windows 10 and others on Windows 7. Over the past year with Windows 10, Network Discovery has been a roller coaster ride. It seems like after every update Network Discovery is all screwed up. Computers just seem to come and go and I'm scrambling to figure out what got changed. Anyways with end of life for Window 7, I systematically updated every computer to Windows 10. Well now everything that was using NetBios has disappeared and I can only see computers using WSD. What's more annoying is my Libreelec devices and my Network Receiver can no longer browse the Network. I can still browse using known IP address with the Libreelec device but not with my Network Receiver which depends solely on Network Discovery.

Strangely enough I've just updated to 1909 and suddenly my Libreelec devices have started showing up again in the Network. Sadly no change browsing from the other direction.

Hi I've got a dual boot Windows 10/Libreelec set up since November. See thread: Dual boot LibreELEC w/ Win10.

Mine is done on legacy MBR boot. It is a standard Windows 10 setup with an option to boot to Libreelec so I can update Windows 10 without affecting the bootloader. My Libreelec was originally installed on a SD card. I created 2 empty EXT4 partitions on an empty SSD as placeholders for the Libreelec. Then I installed Windows 10 as usual on the remaining empty disk. Then I copied the Libreelec over to the empty EXT4 partitions. Then I used EasyBCD to create the dual boot.

You need to create two empty ext4 partitions at the beginning of the disk as placeholders for the Libreelec. then install Windows in the remaining part of the disk. Windows will then install in the remaining disk space as two partitions. The ext4 partitions must be empty. If there is a Linux OS in the ext4 partition then Windows will not install. Windows 10 installation needs to control booting.

I found this thread looking for a way to dual boot Windows 10 and Libreelec. My Libreelec was installed on an 32Gb SD card on a SATA adapter. I had an unused SSD so I wanted to move my Libreelec onto that, but I also wanted the option of Windows 10. I wanted to use the Windows Boot manager as I only know how to edit the BCD. Besides using the Linus bootloader would only cause me trouble every time Windows 10 updates. This also means the disk would have to be MBR/BIOS which is limited to 4 primary partitions. Libreelec needs two partitions, System and Storage, and Windows wants 3, System, Windows, and Recovery. I see a fight coming.

I tried installing Libreelec first as per Kamal and Windows refused to install " Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation". I tried a Windows 7 install and I got the same result. Then I tried it as per Kurai, installing Libreelec, moving it to the end of the disc and then installing Windows. I still got the same result. ;( It appears that Windows 10 will not tolerate the presence of the Linux boot partition.

I then used a GPart live boot disk to delete these partitions and recreate 2 empty ext4 partitions the size of my Libreelec installation at the beginning an empty drive (that way the Libreelec would remain in dev/sda1 and dev/sda2 like my existing Libreelec). Then I installed Windows 10 in the remaining space. Windows 10 will then install in only two partitions combining the System and Recovery as one and the Windows partition as the other. Once in Windows, I installed Mini Partition Wizard Free and EasyBCD. I used the Mini Partition Wizard to copy the Libreelec off of my existing SD card on to their respective ext4 partitions. Then I used EasyBCD to create a boot entry for the Libreelec (use the Linux/Syslinux option). Set which boot option I want to be default and it 's done. Now it a basic Windows 10 installation with an option to boot into Libreelec. I actually have mine set with Libreelec as the default boot.

Sorry, I've already removed 8.2.3 and restored 8.0.2 which installs and works fine. The I3-540 is a Clarkdale, socket 1156 from 2010. The GPU is Ironlake. I can't even do fresh install with anything with the 8.2.x image. The video disappears after the initial Linux boot info and the HDMI cannot find a signal. You can't even see a screen to do the install. I also have an old Core2 Dual 6400 on a 946Z motherboard running 8.2.3 but it's going through an RGB output, not HDMI. It has no video problems.

I've been running 8.0.2 in my Kodi since the spring last year. I have an I3-540 on a H55 motherboard. It is connected to my Marantz AVR via HDMI. I recently updated to 8.2.3. When the update finished and rebooted there was no video after the initial Linux boot info. I then tried a fresh install of 8.2.3 and the same thing happened. After the initial Linux boot info there was no video. The HDMI keeps searching but there is no signal. I then tried backdating with fresh installs of 8.2.2, 8.2.1, and 8.2.0. Same thing every single time. No video. I finally went back to a fresh install of 8.0.2 and it's finally working again. I'm not sure what has changed going from 8.0.2 to 8.2.X but it results in no video signal through the HDMI.

I have been running Kodi in Openelec 6.0.3 with an Intel i3 540/Intel H55 chipset motherboard. It's connected to my AVR by HDMI. I just did a migration to LibreElec 7.0.2 by doing a manual update in the /storage/updates directory. Everything updated fine but when it restarted I lost the video. I connected a second VGA monitor to see what had happened. The video output was still set at HDMI 1080p/24 but I wasn't getting any output (the TV displayed "signal out of range"). I tried 1080p at 30 and 60 but still no picture. I finally brought it down to a lower resolution and it works ok at 1280 x 720p/60. Is this just a bug in LibreElec presently? The 1080p24 was running fine in Openelec.

debug log: RjIQ
    GPU: Mesa DRI Intel Ironlake Desktop