Posts by Dmx

Thanks, I read that throughout this topic already but haven't tried it yet. Unfortunately my SD Card broke down after like 5 days of use (Wow...) but I will try it once I've recovered everything. Strange nonetheless because I couldn't find anything different to those Inputs apart from Input Mode (HDMI vs. Auto) according to the manual.

Glad I found this topic. I set up my new system last weekend including a new Denon X3800h + LG TV. I prepared my RPi5 with Libreelec 12 Stable yesterday and found I'm having the same issue. No matter what, I can't get a signal when switching inputs, unless I reboot or set to 30Hz. UI is definitely more sluggish with 30Hz but I guess there's no other workaround for now.

Maybe there's a proper fix possible at some point when the issue is found, I would be happy to help in any way I can.

Hi,

Thank you, both :)

Yes, I'm sure they are all legal since I don't use any illegal add-ons or repos.

But I'm sure you are right, because it happens on both machines (where the same add-ons are installed) it must be some addon. I will try both your suggestions, however the Backup at 3.00 is in the night, where the crashes are at around 3 day time.

I will first try it with Openweathermap.

Hi,

normally I try to fix such problems myself but I don't seem to get anywhere. I have two RPI3 with Libreelec (latest stable installed on both) at home. On both I'm having constant crashes, on my main one mostly at the same time every day (around 14:52, or 2:52pm for americans). The main one is an older installation while the other one got installed around May of last year with updates keeping them both up to date.

I can't seem to find anything in the logs which would explain this. I've uploaded both Crash Logs fully to Drive. If someone has any idea where to look, please do let me know. Last resort would be a complete wipe, but I would like to avoid that of course since I don't want to make any backups to restore them (and risk to have that problem again).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hujdz22_48bmsi-dhhtpn36delx76rmj?usp=sharing

Thank you!

Hi,

I'm posting here in hope that someone can help. I have two PI3 with LE 8.2.3 (one is about 1 Year old, the other newly bought 2 weeks ago). The new one is clean installed, and I'm having overheating Issues with both of them but only sometimes. I can't say a 100% that it started with LE 8.2.3 but I haven't had any problems the time before.

Most of the time (including Playback) it runs at about 55 to 65°C which is ok. But in irregular time intervals CPU Load goes up and stays that way (when idle mostly), the PI runs at about 85°C (see Screenshot) and shows the overheating Symbol which is when I notice it. Rebooting it fixes that temporarily and Temp drops immediatelly to normal Ranges.

I can't quite figure out if it's some Addon (which is coincidentally running on both PIs) or the System itself. "Top" doesn't show anything I can see (see another Screenshot). I also have a Log, I turned the Debug Feature on when I saw it overheated again and let it run a few Minutes. If I forgot something please tell me and I try my best to add it.

Edit: Forgot to add few Details. I'm running 2 different Skins on both Devices. Case is open on Top and also the PI has passive cooling, plus both are in totally different Rooms.

Can anyone help ?(?

Krypton has experienced major VideoPlayer changes since Jarvis, and more will come in Leia. Old tricks may not be [as] applicable.

What does that mean in laymans terms? I know in the past the Pll Adjustment was the best method for the Pi since resampling would decrease quality (a bit).
    Is this just cosmetical (shown in the Info Overlay) or is it not advised to run it like that if it gets out of sync more often? I don't seem to have any problems with that setup for now, I just noticed the Spikes.

Also if you say old tricks, are there any new one [emoji1]
    Thanks for taking the time :)

Hi,

so I upgraded my Pi3 from Jarvis to Kryton (7.95.3) Dirty this week. I came to rely on the 2 Features "adjust display refresh rate to match video" and "sync playback to display" in Combination with Adjust PLL set to "Max" in System Settings. I've used that combination on Jarvis and it was great, the "err" Value moved slowly to 0 and stayed there, exactly like it was described here OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)

On Krypton it does work but I'm noticing a lot more fluctuation, the A/V needs a few Seconds to get in Sync but has to be adjusted far more often because it will drop to -80ms or something like that randomly. Did this change somehow in any way?

Hi,

This is more or less a simple Question, I just updated from Jarvis to Leyton trough the UI and the Process got Stuck on dem Addon Migration. I waited about 10-15 Minutes then I issued a Reboot through SSH. It started normally after that.

I'm just curios if the process is interupted like that could there be any data loss or Add-ons being not migrated or am I fine?

Thank you!

Hi,

I've had a few crashes and problems but I could always figure them out somehow. The last few days my Libreelec System on my PI3 keeps crashing after a whole of idle Time and I can't seem to find any clues in the Log file this time. It seems that only the Gui is crashing somehow, I can still access it via SSH or Samba but Yatse for example shows it as offline and my TV Screen is black.

The Crashlog keeps getting bigger and bigger while this is happening until I reboot or it gets to large and crashes itself. I'll upload it on my Gdrive since the file is about 2 MB and I didn't want to cut it like you FAQ said , I would be very thankful if someone has any clue which Addon (I'm guessing it is some addon) is causing it.

view?usp=drivesdk