Posts by avkhid

Hi HiasofT,

I am trying to get my Cirrus Logic card working for use case "LineIn to LineOut" in Libreelec build v 8.2.5. I have created "Listen_to_LineIn_on_LineOut_vk.sh" (see attached) and placed it in "/storage/" path. I have also made necessary changes to 90-wolfson.rules file (see attached) in udev.rules.d folder. However, this setup does not work. I had tried this with "LineIn to Speaker" use case and that was working file.

Please can you let me know why this is not working?

Cheers

Vijay Karas.

LineIn_To_LineOut.zip

Thanks Hias. That worked. Appreciate your help.

Another topic, I wanted to enable Bluetooth audio receiver on RPI 3.

Basically, I want to play Audio from my mobile device to Speakers connected to my Cirrus logic audio card on RPI3.

And in this regards, came across following article. I haven't tried the commands suggested. But any views from you on this article and chances of success.

Pulseaudio - LibreELEC

Cheers

Vijay.

Hi Hias,

Hope you are well.

I updated to version 8.0.2 and the output to speakers didn't work. I had applied the dtoverlay change in config file and the udevrules to playback to speakers as well and also changed the output to "ALSA...". However, I am not getting output to speakers.

I didn't check from which version I updated.

Since that build did not work, i downloaded 8.0.1 (probably stupid to downgrade) and applied that update. And that didn't work to.

One thing I am seeing missing is, that there are no "playback_to...." files in the /usr/bin/ folder which is referenced in the udevrules.

Can you please advise how to solve this? Am I doing anything wrong?

Cheers

Vijay.

When did you try the Speaker Digital Switch off setting? Right before switching on the TV?

The "Speaker Digital Switch" control is the mute-control for the Speaker output. If it's set to off you shouldn't get anything on speaker output.

so long,

Hias

Sorry, didn't give you full picture earlier. Attaching the script now. I am switching it off at the start of the script and then on at the end. However, I now realize this won't work as I guess it only run once at the startup of RPI.

The popping noise appears when I switch between inputs (Line In or onboard) as well as ones or twice randomly.

Any resolution to this please?

Yahoooo! That worked. Feels good. :) You Rock!

Thanks a lot Hias! And appreciate your patience.

Hi Hias,

There is one small problem outstanding; every time I switch on TV on switch the inputs, there is a loud switching noise (like popping or sharp loud tick sound). This only happens during switching. I tried 'Speaker Digital Switch' off, but the noise is still there. Any ways to mute that?

Cheers

Vijay.

Yahoooo! That worked. Feels good. :) You Rock!

Thanks a lot Hias! And appreciate your patience.

Hi Hias, Please bear with me.

Now I have written following .sh file and placed it under /storage (chmod 777) and running it from the Udev rules file. I have provided a Line-In input from a sandisk player. However, I am still not able to get any output on speakers connected to wolfson DAC.

I have attached "Listen_to_LineIn_on_Speakers_vk.sh" and "90-wolfson.rules" files to this message in a single zip files.

One more observation, when I try to run "./Listen_to_LineIn_on_Speakers_vk.sh" from putty command line, get "-sh: ./Listen_to_LineIn_on_Speakers_vk.sh: not found" error consistently.

As mentioned above, I have given 777 permissions to the file as well as I am running it from "/storage" directory.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Vijay.

You'd be better off using one of the analog inputs instead, they don't suffer from any of these limitations.

Hi Hias, Thanks for your response.

I have already got "Playback_to_Speakers.sh" configured and speakers are working. However, for me to use the analog inputs (Line In) and listen on speakers, do I need to make any furter changes to "Playback_to_Speakers.sh"? The reason I am asking this question is, I do not see an command in the file to use "Line In". "Playback_to_Speakers.sh" in the build looks like this:

"
    # $1 added to support 1st line argument. i.e. "./Playback_to_Speakers.sh -q" wi$

#Playback from AP to Speaker
    amixer $1 -Dhw:sndrpiwsp cset name='Speaker Digital Volume' 128
    # reset speaker mixer inputs
    amixer $1 -Dhw:sndrpiwsp cset name='SPKOUTL Input 1' None
    amixer $1 -Dhw:sndrpiwsp cset name='SPKOUTR Input 1' None
    amixer $1 -Dhw:sndrpiwsp cset name='SPKOUTL Input 2' None
    amixer $1 -Dhw:sndrpiwsp cset name='SPKOUTR Input 2' None
    # Route AP to Speaker mixer
    amixer $1 -Dhw:sndrpiwsp cset name='SPKOUTL Input 1' AIF1RX1
    amixer $1 -Dhw:sndrpiwsp cset name='SPKOUTL Input 1 Volume' 32
    amixer $1 -Dhw:sndrpiwsp cset name='SPKOUTR Input 1' AIF1RX2
    amixer $1 -Dhw:sndrpiwsp cset name='SPKOUTR Input 1 Volume' 32
    # Unmute speaker output
    amixer $1 -Dhw:sndrpiwsp cset name='Speaker Digital Switch' on
    "

Cheers,

Vijay.

Hi Gvasco,

Thanks for your response and a good observation. However, that line was from the terminal output when I tried running "Listen_to_SPDIF_on_Speakers.sh" from putty. In the file itself, it has quotation marks as follows.

amixer ${BEQUIET} -D${CARD} cset name='TX Playback Switch' off

Cheers

Vijay.

Hi Hias,

How are you? I have moved from Openelec to Libreelec now (your latest 7.x build).

Need your help!

I am trying following setup and it is not working. Please note that my Wolfson card is already configured and working fine. Current setup is, its mounted on RPi3 and its playing music from my HDD that is connected to RPi3 (USB). My RPi3 is also outputting local HDD media to TV via HDMI.

Use case: I have connected my Amazon FireTV stick to TV (TV is connected to RPi3 via HDMI cable ARC compatible) and I want the audio from the programs played on TV from FireTV stick to play on external speakers connected to Woflson Card on RPi3.

So far from my reading, I understand the RPi3 does not support ARC audio playback from TV (Please let me know if this is possible though).

Hence as an alternative, I am trying to connect my TV Toslink audio output to RPi3 via Wolfson card SPDIF input/RX and get output to the speakers connected to Wolfson speaker terminals (amplified ones). Since SPDIF on Audio card only takes Coaxial input, I have purchased a cheap Toslink optical to Coaxial cable converter and connected TV to Wolfson Card.

However, this setup is not working. Can you please help me to resolve this issue?
    1. I have copied listen scripts from listen-scripts.tgz to /storage and also provide it will 777 permissions :) (just in case).
    2. My UDEV rules look like:

# enable SPDIF plus all analog outputs
    SUBSYSTEM=="sound", ACTION=="add|change", ATTR{id}=="sndrpiwsp", \
    RUN+="/usr/bin/SPDIF_playback.sh -q", \
    RUN+="/usr/bin/Playback_to_Lineout.sh -q", \
    RUN+="/usr/bin/Playback_to_Headset.sh -q", \
    RUN+="/usr/bin/Playback_to_Speakers.sh -q", \
    RUN+="/storage/Listen_to_SPDIF_on_Speakers.sh eq", \
    RUN+="/storage/Listen_to_LineIn_on_Lineout.sh eq", \
    RUN+="/storage/Listen_to_LineIn_on_SPDIF.sh eq", \
    RUN+="/storage/Listen_to_LineIn_on_Speakers.sh eq", \
    RUN+="/storage/Listen_to_SPDIF_on_LineOut.sh eq", \
    RUN+="/storage/Listen_to_SPDIF_on_SPDIF.sh eq"

Note: From putty terminal I tried running one of the listen scripts "/storage/Listen_to_SPDIF_on_Speakers.sh" and one of the error/output that shows on the terminal is :
    "
    + amixer -q -Dhw:0 cset name=TX Playback Switch off
    amixer: Cannot find the given element from control hw:0
    "

Can you please let me know what is going wrong here? I have read your initial response on similar topic on this forum and have followed all the instructions?

Cheers

Vijay.