Posts by extremeaudio

After reading a lot over here and on Kodi forums, it seems to me that it is not possible to have 4k 60p output + HD audio passthrough including support for Dolby Atmos and DTS-X in LE unless one uses an AM logic based device like Odroid C2 or Wetek.

Is this understanding of mine correct? It is not possible to buy a generic (price no constraint) motherboard with some build and get all of the above (and HDR too if possible)? I am currently using 8.0.0 generic build on Apollo Lake 3455.

I don't even know what to call the process or name the thread but what I want to achieve is this:

I have made a lot of modifications to one LE installation of mine - installed dockers, various add-ons, skin changes etc.

I have various other boxes at home. When I make the changes on one box, its quite tiresome to note down and manually make the change in each and every box. With the frequent goodies that keep popping up on the forums here, the frequency at which I am installing new stuff etc is quite frequent.

Is there a way I can save my existing configuration in the format of the 4 files one copies into the 'Update' folder, viz. system, system.md5, kernel, kernel.md5 or whatever that is. So that I can just drop the 4 files into the update folder of the systems I want to update. I once remember following a tutorial using mksquashfs to generate these 4 files for updating some system settings without having to compile. But I also recently noticed that LE does not support mksquashfs any longer.

Btw will such an update update non-LE components like dockers etc?

Lastly, at the risk of sounding exceedingly ambitious, is it possible that I could change the path of the default LE update server to some location of my own from where the update is downloaded by those machines when a new variant is uploaded by me? :cool:

Syncthing: there is an addon for that ;)
    The corresponding iOS app is fsync()

I haven't tried and also because the name isn't syncthing and its paid. But it has full functionality on iOS/ gets full access to the iPhone filesystem etc? That would be awesome! I could just cancel my ever increasing iCloud storage and sync everything to my server(s)!

Is there any alternative to dropbox, preferably open source, that I can use with libreelec so that I can sync a few files between various devices. Other than the fact that there isn't an iOS app Syncthing looks like it might work. Any other suggestions?

The latest stable 8.0.0 of LibreELEC does not fully support the Apollo Lake boards yet.
    For example, 10bit support is planned for Kodi 18. There is an very experimental LE build available.
    AFAIK, the Asrock J3455 does not support HDR.

Ok, so what hardware is 8.0.0 (Generic, I'm not into RPis etc) supporting fully? Preferably something mini ITX with on board CPU.

Another thing - I get Dolby Atmos bitstream, but no luck so far with DTS-X tracks. AVR shows DTS HD Master Audio. Whats the deal there?

I bought myself this board so that I could get 4k output (spec says it is capable of 4k 60p output) and updated to the latest stable LE viz 8.0

When I go to the system settings, I can now choose resolution all the way upto 4096x2160 and also UHD which is 3840x2160. However the refresh rate options allow no more than 60 Hz. My TV is a Sony 4k TV with HDR and supports 60 frames. I tried with 2 different cables both of which claim to be HDMI v2.0 with 4k 60p support. How can I troubleshoot the cuplrit here? Also, any way to check if HDR is working?

I am running LE 7 (not sure which exact version) and changed my mobo to the Asrock 3455 ITX

I can't get any display post boot. I don't want to update to Krypton. Any variant of LE ver 7 Jarvis that can work with Apollo Lake?

Also will Dolby Atmos passthrough work with this kit or no?

On every start up an addon or service is creating 2 folders - movies and shows in my downloads folder. Unable to recollect which addon I installed since when this has started. Looked into the debug log but couldn't find anything (I'm not the best when it comes to reading logs, I just did a Search for the term "shows" and nothing showed up).

Any way to identify?