Posts by CSylvain

Apparently, he only uses Kodi in PVR, so he makes the Stream in Audio/Video.

He did a VDR, but only for Raspberry Pi with I imagine the VDR Raspberry Pi HD Device plugin.

I allowed myself to open a topic on the forum of VDR, I explain here the possibility of integrating the OSD of VDR on Kodi ! : Skin in FrameBuffer - Without X11 ? - VDR-Skins - VDR Portal

But I block from the start on this skin story, it's very frustrating. X(

Despite my weeks of work, I abandon the one on OpenATV, because GSTreamer works only in the opening of file, which is not the case of Enigma2 in DVB. I gave up even more, when I saw that some definitions were added for Amlogic, it would take me too long to make a PC version, Amlogic, Raspberry Pi, and Rockchip.

Since I'm giving up this part, I'm going to enclose my amlogic-e2-procfs, made in 2016 for the Wetek case, I designed it in reverse engineering, with the official module of Wetek, and under IdaPro : MEGA

You will be able to count on months, to publicly publish the work, as well as the source code of the addon LiveTV under Kodo, to integrate the Skin OSD of VDR. ;)

Hello everyone,

It's been 3 days that I block on a stage of a project under a LibreELEC environment, and with a box WeTek Play 2.

I would like to use VDR with better performance, and not go under Kodi (except the OSD VDR) which Stream audio and video, and thus causes slow zaps (cache).

Most ARM boxes, works directly in FrameBuffer, but I have a doubt if the Skins vdr-plugin-skindesigner and skin-flatplus, can work without X11 ?

Because at each startup, I find myself with a segmentation fault, and the command "dmesg" tells me just this, which does not help me at all :

However, I have no problem with standard VDR skins.

Do you have any idea who can be involved in my VDR 2.2.0 ?

I enclose the startup file : vdr.start

I'm just adding this :

Code
    VDR_ARG="$VDR_ARG -P skindesigner"

Looking forward to hearing from you, I thank you in advance.

I understand your subject better, I discover V4L2/mem2mem, and also saw a development for "AMlogic".

It also reassures me that "V4L2/mem2mem" is also supported on "GSTreamer", it is hours of work, which will lead to multiple possibilities in the future.

If you're interested, I'll attach the latest version of libamcodec, download it from the official buildroot_openlinux_kernel_4.9_fbdev_20180418.tar.gz package :

Zippyshare.com -

Compilation test and successfully on Kodi, OpenATV, and "gst-aml-plugins1". ;)

I totally agree, and I do not know who is the author of this patch. :-/

I had seen that "Plex" had made a support "FFMPEG" for Amlogic, then we give up, I found the "COMMIT" that includes this support : LibreELEC.tv/package.mk at libreelec-8.2.0-plex · plexinc/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

I am a bit of the old school, I have no deposit for the moment, you want what exactly, because I have for the moment 2 part :

WebTV: qtwebengine, qtwebtvservice (develop by myself) and PHP, I also plan to integrate Falkon (formerly QupZilla).

Enigma2 : openatv, gstreamer1, libamplayer, libdreamdvd, libdvbsi++, libsigc++...

For the Kernel and fb1 support, here it is (attachments).

Thank you for all these clarifications !

Have you looked at my link to a patch that supports GStreamer ?

This could solve this problem of incompatibility, to test !

On the part QT5 it is already done for months, it supports precisely GSTreamer, I use it today on "/dev /fb0", and Kodi on "/dev/fb1".

I of course patched the file "gxbb_p200_2G_wetek_play_2.dts" to be possible.

Plex actually used "QT", just like TV builders like "LG/WebOS" ...

The release I would release, will be slightly patched for compatibility with "HbbTV".

I have already made some progress on "OpenATV", but it will be necessary to adapt some library present in LibreELEC (libdvdnav, libdvdread ...).

I also saw that you are using an old "amcodec" that does not support streaming video port AFORMAT_WMALOSSLESS (libamplayer-2.1.0), so I had to update to be totally up to date.

For my question framebuffer, I just wanted to know, what you have to list in your "/dev" folder, the rest I'm responsible for making a patch of the "Kernel". ;)

Hello everyone,

I have some time to unveil the launch of a project WebTV, which will develop your own plugins Webapps (HTML5 / PHP).

I am currently working on a "Wetek Play 2", which contains 2 interfaces!

Code
    /dev/fb0
    /dev/fb1

I would like to collect from you, if 2 interfaces are also present on the hardwares under "ARM", and which are supported by "LibreELEC", as for example Raspberry Pi, RockChip ...

After reflection, I will also add in this project, the development of an addon "OpenATV" (An alternative LiveTV DVB/IPTV), which will be compatible with the hardwares mentioned above.

I'm not a fan of the "PVR" of "Kodi", which requires the use of a customer service, and recovers streaming video streams, it is 100 times better to centralize everything on a single point, and especially to use "IOCTL DVB", and send the Audio / Video Stream directly to the "VPU" hardware, this guarantee fast zappings.

To do this, I will have to write a GSTreamer Audio/Video decoder for Enigma 2.

I also read that the support of AMLogic on Kodi, may be stopping on the 19 version, it pushes me more encrew to implement a 100% compatible LiveTV, and provide a compatible Kodi "GSTreamer" : oe-alliance-core/add-gstplayer-support.patch at 4.2 · oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core · GitHub

I think the best solution, because several TV boxes under "ARM" have a GStreamer 1.x plugin :

Code
    AMLogic : gst-aml-plugins
    Raspberry Pi : gst-omx
    RockChip : gstreamer-rockchip

See also for PC versions for Nvidia, ATI, and Intel...

For the part "e2proc", I had already written a module from the one for the "Wetek Play", I had designed it based on my capabilities of reverse engineering, I saw that a version for Wetek Play 2 exists, so I will redo it from this module, then make sure that is compatible with other hardwares.

So much for the information, look forward to having your feedback, I start today the integration of "OpenATV" in Addon, I have to wait to receive my memory modules, to finalize the compilation of "Qt WebEngine 5.10", because this version requires more than 5GB of memory, to compile it. :huh:

Otherwise, still an update of the archive ZIP, which finalized the compilation of "kodi", and its Tools compile in HOST and "intltool" for compatibility with Perl 5.26.

You are free to include these changes on a version 8.2.6, in the meantime, I will make sure to update this topic. ;)

CvH : I understand better of different result, and I do not wish for the moment to use the "BRANCH" master, because it uses a Kodi Alpha. ;(

To be more precise, and I work on a distribution, which will completely change the use of Kodi, including the possibility of developing WebAPPS in PHP.

It's been years since the "Roadmap" of Kodi integrates this development, but nothing to date, the solution that I develop, will use Qt WebEngine 5.10 (Blink engine) or more and the Widevine plugin for compatibility with example Netflix.

This distribution will be available on hardwares using 2 Framebuffer (fb0, fb1), I do not want to use graphics server (X11 or Wayland), for performance reasons, especially when we can use pages with a transparent background, and a video in progress. use by Kodi :

Code
    <body style="background: transparent; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0)">

With such a solution, we can perfectly use the PVR, with the use of HbbTV !

This is the only one that allows to compile it under this distribution, I updated the link with other patches, I think he will have a lot of work to do on this part.

I saw your link, it just indicates an update QEMU ?

My topic is more focused on the "toolchain", and compilation difficulties for WeTek_Play_2.

I think that will help a lot of people. ;)

The new version Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is released recently, and includes many recent versions that causes compilation errors in the "toolchain", here is the solution that worked at home.

You will find the patch files to add in your sources of LibreELEC : MEGA

Then, it is necessary to put GCC 6 by default, here is the procedure :

Code
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt install gcc-6 g++-6
    sudo update-alternatives --install "/usr/bin/gcc" "gcc" "/usr/bin/gcc-6" 60 --slave "/usr/bin/g++" "g++" "/usr/bin/g++-6"
    sudo update-alternatives --config gcc
    gcc --version
    g++ --version

If you follow these few patches, you can compile your project under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS !