Posts by okichatan

Hi, it would be nice if someone could confirm that the images (they are the release images) for Slice/3 are working.

libreelec-slice.arm-8.90.005.img.gz

Was running 8.2.5 ; I downloaded and saved the ...slice.arm...img.gz file (CM1) into .update folder; rebooted; found update and installed OK; reboot..... now I can only get

Error in mount_flash: mount_common Could not mount  /dev/mmcblk0p5

Have been searching and trying various things, but no luck.

I still have the slice noobs, so should I Flash LibreELEC to internal eMMC storage?

EDIT: I finally pieced together various howto sources and was able to reflash eMMC with the 8.90.005. Seems to work. But I have other set-up and problems to work through getting back to the previous state of functionality.

Cheers

I've seen a couple of reports (on other builds, it's nothing Slice specific) where people aren't seeing 8.0.0 in the lists of available manual updates. This can only be an issue with mirror servers as the JSON file queried by the settings add-on is 100% correct on our servers.

I see, Thanks; Will the mirror issue be resolved at some point, so wait for the update to show in the list of available updates? (since I'm not in a rush)

I had problems, but resolved them so posting in case it can help someone else:
    Initially after installing libreelec on my slice, things were pretty good. But after a while, lots of issues started happening. Examples: 

• Weather settings wouldn’t stay.
    • Video calibration settings wouldn’t stay.
    • Couldn’t mark videos as watched.
    • Ultimately, I couldn't boot into kodi.

Long story short: Something related to Transmission add-on * caused my /storage to fill up to 100%. I had tens of thousands (!!) of files in /storage/.cache/cores that had filenames like “core.!storage!.kodi!addons!service.downloadmanager.transmission!bin!transmission-daemon.1483408051” 
    * I used transmission on my slice (to legally seed linux iso files) and tried to install it on libreelec, until I saw somewhere where it is not supported, so I gave up and didn’t give it anymore thought.

So I un-installed all transmission related addons, and using filezilla, I deleted all those 2 GB worth of core files (now /storage is only 20% full).
    The bottomline lesson I got is if things are acting weird: check the /storage to see if it filled up somehow.
    Cheers