Posts by dirkr

Just upgraded to 9.0.0.. since that includes Kodi 18 which focusses on stabitlity I'll wait for a bit.

I did notice it might be because of a NFS share that I use to load my content from. I also use Watchdog to update the library and it seems that the moment I add a bunch of files in quick succesion the system just locks up.

Has it done this ever since you first installed Libreelec ?

It sounds like a hardware issue to me.

Has been doing it on both a Raspberry PI2 and 3 and yes since I installed it.

Also switched power supplies during the road so that's why I'm puzzled.

Had this on mine too, was the SD card beginning to fail. I suggest you create a full back up of your system and copy it off of the backup share. Flash a new sd card with a clean image and then restore the backup to it. If you still have issues try running it on a clean image also check psu is powerful enough and not failing.

I'll make a sd card backup just to be sure but nothing on there I cant just recover.

Might look in to switching from a PI3 to something else more stable.. suggestions?

Activate log level 1. When it crashes, power off, remove the MicroSD card, read the log file and post it (use a link to PasteBin). If you use a Windows PC, there are tools to read the card anyway.

I'll enable that and get the logs asap next time it happens!

i'm trying to figure out what is going on with my RPI3 and my Libreelec installation.

For the most part is runs fine (lets say 98%) but from time to time it just randomly hangs up (mostly when it's not doing anything) and the only way to fix it is to do a power cycle.

My power supply is fine (plenty of Amperage), i've swapped SD cards a few times already but without any result and the box is being fed it's content through a NFS share.

As I'd like to get to the bottom of why this is happening I'd like some pointers on what I can do (logs to extract or things to enable/disable) to gather information.

I would prefer not to just get "install it again from scratch"..

Ok, so I tested it again today after upgrading to MR 7.0.3 and still the same.
    I went through the logs and found the following lines in 09.Journal-cur.log

So I went on the hunt for Crash report available at /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog_20170115162034.log

This file ends in the following:

Anything anybody can deduce from this? Or is more info required?

Hi,

I've been a loyal openElec and now LibreElec user on a RPI2 for a long time now.
    Since a while however, I've ran in to a somewhat annoying issue (which has been following me from OpenElec to LibreElec for several versions).

Whenever I pause a video file for a longer time (more than a few minutes) the moment I attempt to unpause my entire device restarts.

Without being too technical, what would be the best course of action or where can I find more information on what could be the cause of this?
    Any hints on what logs to post/investigate would be appreciated!

Thanks!