Posts by chewitt

If the TV has a 24Hz mode (most will support 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60) adjust refresh will switch to the exact mode unless a mode that is "double" the refresh exists, e.g. PAL 25Hz will play at 50Hz, NTSC 29.97Hz will play at 59.94Hz if the modes exist. If the TV does not have 24Hz modes, it will default to 60Hz using pulldown. If the mode is doubled the frame is simply rendered twice.

Zameero "arm" is 64-bit kernel and 32-bit userspace for compatibilty with add-ons that need software widevine (DRM) support, and aarch64 is 64-bit kernel and 64-bit userspace which means no widevine support (as only 32-bit libs are sourceable). Also, mainline Linux will report the actual RAM installed, not what u-boot reports, and while you could hardware-hack fake values I doubt most box vendors are that clever. I also doubt it's imposssible to replace u-boot as I haven't seen truly locked bootloaders yet, only ones with more complex/customised boot environments. You cannot "replace emmc with nand" on boxes, but you can replace the bootloader - if - you have the fip sources for the box; the fip sources are semi-standardised around Amlogic reference devices but cheap box vendors frequently deviate from the reference design with slower/lower spec memory and then you need the files specific to that box to compile a replacement bootloader. This is one reason why we have subzero interest in fiddling with u-boot for box devices where 99.999% of the time we don't have (and won't ever get) the fip sources.

miwenka Userspace manual tweaking of kernel drivers is not needed (and thus that stuff doesn't exist) in mainline. If you connect to a not-YUV-capable screen, e.g. RGB-only monitor, the DRM driver outputs RGB. So what's the actual problem you have?

phlp11 no idea what the issue is, but I will push a bump to Linux 5.7-rc kernels later in the week and this may improve things .. or not. LE master branch is some way behind my own branches now, it needs to catch up a little.

The storage partition exists, but it's ext4 formatted which means Windows cannot "see" the partition (because Windows doesn't support ext4). You can see the partition on any Linux OS.

Boot LE, enable SSH, login using WinSCP and copy the advancedsettings.xml file, or use PuTTY and copy/paste (might be easier and avoids the temptation of Windows users to create incompatible line-ending files in Notepad.exe).

If you're at the LE serial console "emmctool" will tell you which is the /dev/device for emmc, so connect ethernet and scp the A95X .img to /storage and then write u-boot to emmc with "dd if=A95MAX_boot.img of=/dev/mmcblkX bs=1M" .. this should make the box bootable from emmc again and you free up the SD card for booting some kind of OS image (LE, Armbian, etc.).

What OS do you want to restore to emmc? .. and if you already have some kind of files, what are they called and what format are they? (and where did you get them from).

I said "write the image to USB" e.g. same as you wrote the other image to SD card, not "copy paste the file" so that's why it's not doing anything. Note that once the image is written and the image is mounted, you need to access the USB and edit the uEnv.ini file to set the name of the dtb file to use.

put the A95MAX_boot.img on SD card, use any SD/USB writing app (even ours, you can drag/drop any .img file no the GUI and we'll use it.

put the AMLG12 on a USB stick.

If you're lucky it will boot u-boot from SD and then search/find the LE boot files on the USB.