Posts by soder

Here's the new url. WDGA

Actually, I installed the system tools last night.
    This is the output of evtest: *********************************************** LibreELEC-NUC:~ # systemctl sto - Pastebin.com

/Söder

Hi, and thanks for your reply. And what a reply! Great stuff!

First, about my setup. It's a Intel NUC (NUC5CPYH). About the custom files, it's just the remote.xml that's in the main (not user path) kodi path, copied to my /.kodi/userdata and edited some stuff. No big things.

My lircrc is started with the autostart.sh with this lines.

Bash
    #!/bin/sh 

#start IRexec
    /usr/bin/irexec -d /storage/.config/.lircrc

I didn't do any update to LibreELEC right before my remote stopped working. The only thing I can think of is that i MIGHT have switched the lirc option in the LibreELEC addon in Kodi. I saw it, and thought "hey, shouldn't this be enabled since I use a remote". But even if I disable and reboot, the remote still doesn't work. It might also be that I switched the lirc option before the weekend, and it was first yesterday I rebooted LibreELEC (even though I think I rebooted LibreELEC because it did respond to the remote and I did a hard reboot, but it might be something else that forced me to do a reboot also...).

As I said, I don't think I had that option enabled before, and my remote and irexec worked anyway it seems.

When I run "irw" in a terminal and press the remote, nothing happens. When I run "mode2" this happens.

About the other tests you asked me to do, this is the result of them. It looks like I got what you asked for, but with the last test nothing happens when I press buttons on the remote.

EDIT: It doesn't got all the things that should be enabled. Missing "nec" and "rc-6" listed amongst the enabled protocols.

In ~/.config I got a file called remote.conf, where the line that not has a # in front says " REMOTE_BACKEND="lirc" "

In ~/.kodi/userdata I got a file called Lircmap.xml that looks like this

I hope this can give you some more information about what might have gone wrong for me. As I said, everything has worked just great with the remote before this. I've once learned how it all worked with the config files and then forgot about it again, but since OpenELEC and LibreELEC I got kind of spoiled with the lirc part just working. =)

Thanks.

/Söder

I still got this problem. Every time I do a reboot, if it's from a terminal with "reboot" or within Kodi and the default reboot or shutdown, I see the screen with the failed unmounts, and it takes minutes to shutdown or reboot.

Is there anything I can do to get more logs or anything? It's kind of a big problem.

Thanks.

/Söder

Also I got a problem with the wired ethernet with my Intel NUC running Generic 8.0.1. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago, and I had to switch to wifi that works better.
    The NUC doesn't have any storage, but got some networks drives (from the old HTPC and a NAS) mounted as internal storage. When watching on wired ethernet it stops to buffer all the time.

The speed on the wired ethernet is as slow as like 1200k (I got a gigabit intranet and 250mbit internet).

I hope this is something that can be looked in to and fixed.

Thanks.

/Söder

I got an MCE remote I've use for ten years. First in Ubuntu and XBMC, later OpenELEC and now latest years LibreELEC. At first I use the IR receiver that came with the remote, but for 1-2 years I've used a Intel NUC with built in IR instead.

During all upgrades of OpenELEC and LibreELEC the remote has still worked. I got a customized remote.xml in ~/.kodi/userdata/keymaps that I've kept during the years, where I've edited some stuff. The four colored buttons I got on the remote I don't want Kodi to use, but instead they are mapped with irexec/lirdrc to four different scripts that force a restart of LibreELEC or force Kodi to restart. irexec are configured by the file .lircrc in ~/.config

But, yesterday, the remote didn't work. First I thought it was the batteries, even though I say the remote to light up when I pressed the buttons. Changing them didn't help. I also connected the IR receiver mentioned above, and I can see that it flashes when I press a button on the remote (like if the remote actually do send something), but Kodi doesn't do anything.

I know that I found the option in the LibreELEC settings, to enable Lirc, and I might have enabled that. Because, as I told you, it worked even before that.

Is there a way to test my remote like in a terminal, or something else I can do to get it to work again? Are there any changes done lately? BTW, I'm on LibreELEC 8.0.1 Generic Build, Intel.

Thanks.

/Söder

I found this: thread-4323-post-31039.html?highlight=xorg.conf#pid31039
    But didn't help me.

-- DRI means Direct Rendering Infrastaructure. I can imagine what it does, but what do those values mean?
    -- And there are more versions (i saw an Option called "DRI3" with a Radeon. Which Version dies my Intel support then? Only DRI 1?

It seems to be set at "2" by deafult in LE 7.95.1 (see thread-3807-post-29002.html#pid29002?)

-- And is there any other option which corresponds to the "Vertical Blank Sync" mentioned above?

What I just did was to remove all my dirty regions settings in advancedsettings. Also the noflip setting. All of them. I have only changed thought 0-3 before when I tried to solve this, but now I completely removed them (going the real default) and now my skin is smooth again, and my cpu is back to low idle.

See if it works for you. Also, all the stuff in xorg.conf didn't help me, and I now got it working even without a custom xorg.conf.

/Söder

In the repo that thoradia wrote about, there is some addons that support custom RSS feeds I think.

The add-on you asked about is Automatic I guess? I use it myself, and I've done it for many years. I got a version compiled by me, and it works on LibreElec. I don't think it will work on RaspPi though.

I can share it later..

/Söder

Here
    Keep it legal and carry on

It's so stupid of LE to say they don't want torrent addons, but are OK with subtitles addons in Kodi. It's almost the same thing.

A subtitle isn't illegal, but can be used with video files that are (and maybe subtitles are illegal in some countries). To use torrents isn't illegal, but a great way to share all kind of files..

Anyway, thanks for the addons and the help with the incomplete dirs. =)

/Söder

Sorry finally i got file appended correctly (seems a ssh problem)

How did you solve this problem you say? I got the same problem. Followed the guide, after reboot with TV off I get only black. With the TV on, and then checking the logs I see nothing about edid.
    /var/log/Xorg.0.log shows me QCJF
    even though my syslinux.cfg still is edited.

EDIT: Can it be that I need to edit this file instead? /flash/EFI/BOOT/syslinux.cfg

EDIT2: It was..

/Söder

The guide at Custom EDID - LibreELEC
    didn't work for me. Or maybe the commands to create a working edid didn't work.

mkdir -p /storage/.config/firmware/edid
    cat /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid > /storage/.config/firmware/edid/edid.bin

I tried to boot LibreELEC with the TV off, and when I turned on the TV it was just black. The created edid.bin looks kind of like the edid.bin for my old TV (that worked)..

How do I check if my edid.bin was used during boot?

EDIT: I had to edit this file instead? /flash/EFI/BOOT/syslinux.cfg

/Söder

It's simply because your TV cannot go 60fps in 4K.

But try to create a autostart.sh file in the .config folder,
    and put in the following command, and reboot afterwards:

Code
    xrandr --output HMDI2 --mode 1920x1080

Not sure if this is going to stick after a video finishes, so double check first in the Video Output section of Kodi's GUI.

I got the same NUC as the the owner of this thread, and also a 4K-TV.
    Is this the solution for me to? LibreELEC

I still want the TV to go for 2160 when I watch a 2160 movie. Will that happen?

IPSN

1920x1080 60.00*This is great, but sometimes it's in 4096x2160 24.00after reboot.

/Söder

I was using OE and MySQL before (MySQL I didn't needed that much, was mostly to try it), and made the switch to LibreELEC some weeks ago.

It worked great. Aeon Nox is also updated and works great. Some problem with widgets to video addons but other then that just great.

I had to do some updates of unofficial addons like Transmission, but other then that it was just to update.

Also, the UPnP works pretty well. It's not the same 1 to 1 experience over platforms that MySQL get you, but it works great.
    There are some features like backgrounds in season or episode view that's not there, and sometimes the resume points of episodes are not totally correct, but that works about 95% of the times (I think it has to do if I watch the episode to the end on the UPnP unit or not...).

/Söder