Posts by bubblegum57

Am I being thick? Can't you just add the addon? Yep, just realised, I am being thick, you need a link to the LibreELEC updates

I use 2 different usb sticks. I use clonezilla to clone one usb to the other, & alternate between the two.

Hi,

I'm trying to install on a NUC Celeron. I previously had OpenELEC. I have downloaded and extracted the image to a USB drive as stated on the wiki. I go to the installation menu and select quick install but it says NO DEVICE FOUND. How do I install LE without altering my devic so that I can go back to OE if I wish?

Thanks.

I had openelec on a celeron nuc, I just stuck the generic image in the update folder & rebooted. Didn't do a new install.

No device found, means either the stick is not been made bootable, or you need to check your bios settings.
    Not so long ago, I tried a fresh install of openelec & had a similar problem, for me, it was a problem with the bios, sorry can't remember, but not all stick work. I have a phillips usb, it boots from the rear usb port on the nuc, but not the front, whereas my other boots fine from the front.

Something interesting :
    I installed the cinemavision addon on my openelec, and ... faced the same issue as I did with Cinema experience on Libreelec.
    Maybe it doesn't come from the addon or a compatibity, but something else.

The situation is quite strange ...

I had CinemaVision working fine on Openelec, I then updated to LibreELEC, & it still works. In fact the only small issue I have had with LibreELEC is that Tvhead 4.4 doesn't work, but 4.2 does. Mind you I don't use it very much.

Ok, so I think I have the understanding now that backups must be local, what about restoring though? Can that be done via the NAS or must be local also? Would be a great feature to add in my the way.

Because I build and maintain so many RPi's it is a critical feature for me.

I might be wrong, but isn't libreelec installed to an sd card?

Why don't you just clone it to another sd card?

I use clonzilla to clone the usb drive on my NUC, so when I mess up, I just plug the other in.

I am not a networking expert, but I was having problems seeing my openelec NUC from my windows 10 pc.

I eventually found a solution, windows 10, start, run \\openelec, after a few seconds the folders would show up in my computer,

just tried it, now I have to run \\libreelec,

might be worth a go.

as it still runs

Code
    1. 2016-04-21 08:22:13.503 [   INFO] spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend/bin/tv_grab_file"

tvh "old" is still installed :) (but this should be no problem)
    The log looks okay and didn't complain about anything, the user is also right. Could you ensure that you try to log in with the correct user/pw and NOT with the username/pw autofill from your webbrowser !? Also pls set an password (1234 ....) maybe Tvh has some problem with no pw login.

First of all, thanks for the quick response. I have been mucking about with changing passwords, rebooting my NUC rebooting my laptop.

To summarise, I hadn't changed the pvr password in Kodi. I have also changed the user password to the same on my laptop web browser. My old password used underscore, perhaps that was an issue?

At this point I can login via Microsoft edge, first time, but if I use chrome, it takes 4 attempts. I had already used ccleaner to clear the laptop cache.

Thanks for your help.

I have now uninstalled tvh 4.0, same problem, not sure if this is the correct way to use pastebin.

Files

• fqymzK8P.txt

(666 Byte, downloaded 125 times, last: )
    • m7gTaebv.txt

(6.93 kB, downloaded 217 times, last: )

Anyone have trouble with web interface? sometimes doesnt accept username and password first time around and doesnt accept a second user account i set up at all.

Yes, I still have version 4.0 installed, that works ok. If I disable it, & enable 4.2, after a reboot of my nuc I can log in. If I try a few minutes later it won't let me log in.

As 4.0 works, I'm reluctant to uninstall it.