Posts by bubblegum57

I don't understand logs.

My suggestion, install the tvhead server. Then install client, on client, configure settings, use the ip address of the device you are installing it on. I assume server & client are on the same device.

then set a user name & password. I just use admin & 1234.

reboot, go to web interface, follow wizard, scan & map channels.

see my post in the CE forum. I read both forums, but just reply in the CE forum, that is where the guide is, as you know.

Hi,

I’m new here. Can you help me, please, with a Minix Z64A remote control. It is the most basic control of Minix. After installing LibreElec on a flash drive, everything is fine, except the remote control. I can’t get my remote to work at all. Can you help me with this problem. What is the correct “remote.config” file for this IR Remote, and the correct procedure to make it work?

Thank you!

This has a 2.4ghz dongle? it should just work. There could be interference from your 2.4 wifi band, try turning wifi off

So, you want to install LE on this pc? I take it you have created the installer to a usb stick? If you are booting from the usb stick, then you have the wrong menu. As I said, you have grub, so you need to wipe the drive.You cannot install LE to a partiton.

I think you need to boot, then install the image, but because you have grub it won't.

Wipe the pc hard drive to remove grub. Then boot the image from usb, then follow the wizrd to install to the pc hard drive.

NOTE, I am not an expert, but using the LE installer will wipe the hard drive, it can't be installed onto a partition.

Not sure if im missing out on something. The remote you suggested doesn't have an ir blaster right? How could it control my tv?

I apologize again. I have lost focus from what i originally intended to do. The ultimate goal would be :-

When libreelec is idle (when the black screen saver comes up) i want rpi to send a turn off signal to the tv via ir. (my tv doesnt have a cec). When i try to watch something in kodi, press any key / wake up - i want the pi to send a turn on signal.

Am i too ambitious?

IF the remote with 2.4 dongle works, & I don't know if it will on a Pi, it has buttons on it, that can be learnt from your tv remote.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi. Sorry i forgot to mention. My tv is not a smart tv. Its a older hd tv. So that remote wouldnt work.

Does your TV have an IR remote? If it does, it should be able to be "LEARNT" You don't need a smart TV

Just to clarify, the IR blaster for the Pi will not be able to control the TV, particularly if it's not a network tv. You can however get remotes, that can learn various TV functions, like TV volume control

Hi Guys

I installed Openvpn with Cyberghost today.

Im trying to open more shows on amazon prime video.

My Vpn connects to United State (TCP) I open Amazon Prime and when i select the show it says its not available in my country.

Changed the Location to UNited States (UDP) when i open Prime takes ages to open and then in the end times out and Openvpn Connects and disconnects aswell. What am i mising?

I suspect you are missing nothing. I tried to get access the USA netflix, using a vpn, but it didn't work. I suspect Amazon & Netflix have cottoned on to this, & are blocking.

I using the prebuilt u-boot_q201_v2.2_green_PCB and is working perfect with Coreelec 9.2.2 and Android on my old H96 Pro +.

The only problem is that TWRP in not working with this u-boot. I tried a lot of recoverys (TWRP) without success. The strangest thing is stock recovery is working fine. Initial I thought that the problem is the kernel from TWRP img, I unpacked the recovery and changed the Zimage (with the one from stock recovery) without success.

Has anyone else encounter this problem? I'm using TWRP to update the gapps ( opengapps tvstock version) from time to time.

I don't fully understand TWRP, but, I THINK you need a custom rom for your device, the original rom wouldn't have had it. I suggest you try the freaktab forum, install a custom rom. You can look around here no guarantee this is the correct one.

You might have to reinstall CE again.