What I found was that when the addon was installed, the folder that was created was automatically populated with the ini file.
If I am reading things correct, your modification to comskip.ini references a specific file name, which I am guessing won't work unless you can predict the name of the file that will be recorded.
There are also a couple of back slashes in there, which I'm not certain are allowed.
One thing that I did change, which might not have any impact, but worth trying, is to use the default stream profile for Matroska, which is then also selected in the recording section to produce a .MKV file rather than a .TS.
I take it that you are not using a 9.0 based LE release as the addon doesn't work with the latest releases and comskip is now baked into the latest TVheadend builds.
Thanks for your reply. You are correct I am not on 9.0.
I presumed that tvheadend simply runs the post-processing command where %f refers to the file that was recorded. So I simply tested this on an old file. It reads the file in and correctly parses the metadata.
Doing this should simulate what tvheadend does (unless there is some hidden magic, but I can't imagine what that would be). If I try to run it when pointing to a nonexistent ini file it just terminates immediately with an error message.
(the backslashes are just the standard way to break a command over several lines btw - not important here since I ran it from the command line)
I'll try with mkv...
[EDIT: I see one thing I did wrong here: I installed before I created the folder! Will reinstall and test again!]