Posts by nhmarujo

Hi.

I have bought an Astrometa DVB-T2 Tuner (Astrometa DVB-T2 - LinuxTVWiki). It is most likely the 2018 revision, since I can see the following chips inside:

• RLT2832P
    • D2837ER
    • R828D

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3 with LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2.0.

I've connected my tuner, but on TvHeadend I'm only able to see the DVB-T tuner, as shown on image below:

I tried looking at dmesg, but I was not able to see any references to the D2837ER chip: http://ix.io/26in

After some online reading, I've seen some comments advising to try enabling DVB drivers from the latest kernel (media_build). So I did this change, like seen below:

After reboot, TvheadEnd still doesn't show the DVB-C tuner. However there is some progress, since I can see refereneces to D2837ER by looking at dmesg: http://ix.io/26jh

By looking at the table on Astrometa DVB-T2 - LinuxTVWiki, specifically at the 2018 revision, I can see that on the Supported line it states "most likely since 5.0". Also, on this post Astrometa DVB-T2 SONY cxd2837er not listed in TV Adapters the user seems to have the exact same issue and at the end he states: "SOLVED: upgraded to Kernel 5 and now is working".

So for me this raises the following questions:

• Do I really need the kernel 5 in order to use this tuner (since with the latest drivers it seems to, at least, be recognized and loaded)?
    • Will LibreElec be updated to use kernel 5 any time soon?
    • Will that kernel bump be available on Raspberry Pi 3 compatible images?

Any clue is mostly welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys!

Currently I'm stuck....I think that the device drivers are been correctly loaded...so I was thinking if it had anything to do with lack of firmware. So as I was looking for some firmware I found this repo from CvH (GitHub - OpenELEC/dvb-firmware). So I tried to add that firmware to LibreElec by copying it into the folder /storage/.config/firmware (which I had to create), but after the reboot still didn't work (not even sure the problem is firmware or if in that repo is a firmware compatible with my board).

Currently the changes I have on my setup are:
    1) Added file /storage/.config/modprobe.d/em28xx.conf, containing "options em28xx card=5". Which helped identifying the device.
    2) Added the files on dvb-firmware/firmware at master · OpenELEC/dvb-firmware · GitHub to /storage/.config/firmware.

Currently these are the outputs of the following commands:

• lsusb:

eiDa

• dmesg:

BOUb

• lsmod:

ADgI

Everything looks good (at least to me). Still don't know why the device doesn't show on TVheadend on the devices section.

Does anyone have any idea and can please give an hand? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Hi CvH!

I did what you suggested, infortunately with no luck :cry:

I tried every card number that was mentioned in the list you referred (6.5. EM28xx cards list — Linux Media Subsystem Documentation documentation) as em2820. So I went through the painful process of trying each card number, and they were quite a lot (1,2,3,4,5,9,12,14,24,25,26,27,28,30,58,6162,65,71) :(

For each card number I did:
    1) Change the conf file: "echo "options em28xx card=X" >/storage/.config/modprobe.d/em28xx.conf" (where X stands for the card number of the corresponding try)
    2) Rebooted the system: "reboot"
    3) Stopped the TvHeadEnd service: "systemctl stop service.tvheadend42.service"
    4) Started the TvHeadEnd service: "systemctl start service.tvheadend42.service"
    5) Acessed the TvHeadend page (ip:9981), and checked for tv adapters in "Configuration > DVB devices"

For each try I also checked the result of the dmesg command, and I concluded that the system was correctly assuming the card number that I explicitely indicated in the conf file.

I honestly don't know what else to try, or if I'm doing anything wrong. Do you have any other suggestions? I hope I gave enough detail. If not, please say so.

Many thanks.

I deleted the file created before "/storage/.config/modprobe.d/em2820.conf" and created the new one, like you said.

Now the card seems to be corretly detected :D :
    RZWf

However, the card is still not listed on TvHeadend in "Configuration > DVB Inputs".

Any ideas why?

Thank you :)

Hi everyone!

I have an RPI3 running LibreElec, and I must say I'm an happy camper! So, let me start by congratulating you all for all your work!

I have an MSI VOX USB2.0 TV BOX (VOX_USB2.0_TV_BOX.html#hero-overview) and I would like to add it to my current setup. I tried Tvheadend from LibreElec Repo (tried both 4.0 and 4.2) with no luck.

Can anyone please tell me if there is any way of making this hardware work with it (or any other add-on)?

Many thanks!