Posts by jmooremcc

So I did some research and discovered the iptables command that is suppose to control the firewall.

iptables -S shows no rules so I don't know why the RPi is rejecting the tcp connection.

Anyway, I issued the following command to add a rule:

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 51000 -j ACCEPT

It appears that the rule is being ignored because it did not allow me to connect to the server code running on the RPi from my Windows PC that was running the client.

I ran the same test on my Ubuntu PC and it worked with no problem.

Any suggestions for resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated.

I'm developing a Python Kodi addon that utilizes a client/server model. The addon works under Windows but when I install it on my Raspberry Pi (LE 8.2.1), I get the following error:"tcp connection refused Error 10061". I ran netstat and could see that my socket was Listening on the port I assigned.

To eliminate anything with Kodi, I wrote a set of simple client/server scripts in Python clientServerTest.zip. I got the same error when I ran the server code from the command line on the RPi and tried to connect to it using the client script on an external computer. Again, netstat showed the port I used being listened to.

My question is how can I enable the tcp port I have chosen so that I can access my server? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Problem Solved:

I compared my 2 RPi systems and found that the problem child had an LE setting the good system didn't have: a timeserver setting. I've removed the timeserver setting and have rebooted the problem child 6 times and each time, the EPG time was correct.

Background:

RPi systems do not have a clock so when the internet is down, an RPi shows the time it was the LE software was compiled. My solution to this problem was to turn my back end NextPVR server, a Windows 10 desktop PC, into a time server for the RPi since it has a clock. The solution appeared to work well until Daylight Savings Time ended. I don't know if the problem would exist if I had specified an external time server. What I do know is that specifying the windows PC as a time server is problematic.

Thanks for your advice.

Actually both systems were originally OE. I made a backup of the OE system, created a fresh install using your SD creator app and then restored from the backup.

Is there a way to get rid of those unnecessary language resources? I assumed they were dependencies associated with other addons.

My epg has been off by an hour since we switched back to standard time.

I've tried uninstalling the nextPVR client and clearing the guide databases, rebooting and then installing nextPVR. The epg time is correct until I reboot Kodi and then it goes back to being one hour off.

Here's a link to my log: Kodi log (epg issue) 11/12/17 - Pastebin.com

By the way, I am running Kodi on 2 Raspberry Pi systems and only one of them has the epg time problem.

Their configurations are the same except one has more addons than the other and of course they are connected to different TVs.

The one with the additional addons is the problem child.

I'm in the U.S. eastern time zone and have never had this problem before. Any suggestions for resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Since upgrading to LE 8.01 Krypton 17.1, I've had the perception that WiFi under Krypton 17.1 was slower than under Jarvis 16.1. Jarvis is running under OpenElec while Krypton is running under LibreElec.
    What specifically got my attention was the amount of time during startup that Kodi takes to load nextPVR channel/recordings data. It took a lot longer under Krypton for the data to load.
    I used the WiFi Speed Test Android app to conduct my tests. Kodi is running on a Raspberry Pi and is 8 feet from my router. I also have each version of Kodi on separate SD Cards.
    As you can see from the attached screen shot, Jarvis/OE WiFi does appear to run faster than Krypton/LE. Has anyone else run a similar test and if so, what were your results?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Did you pay for the mpeg license for your RPi? If you didn't you'll be relying on a software decoder instead of the hardware decoder which doesn't work as well. The hardware decoder frees the cpu for other important tasks which makes the decoding process more efficient.

I have to walk back my earlier comment about Estuary not lagging on a RPi. I upgraded another RPi system to LE 8 Krypton that I use more intensively. I noticed the slowness immediately especially when I use the Super favorites addon. So I tried an experiment. I did the unthinkable and loaded Confluence. It was immediately obvious how much faster Kodi Kroton runs with Confluence as the skin.
    Yes, there are some features of Estuary I like but the painful slowness I cannot tolerate.

HooRaay! I finally got LE 8.0 to compile.
    Thanks vpeter for your advice that helped resolve my pronlem.
    Your advice to update the e2fsprogs package and the fonts package specifically helped resolve the issue. The update to populatefs was not required,.

Your method backs-up and then restores "all the crap" from OE into the new clean LE install. There is no cleaning benefit :)

I acknowledge "some crap" but what's the alternative? Manually install every addon and every configuration setting?
    Compared to "updating" an existing image, the method I outlined and used delivered superior results because less baggage, I.e. crap was carried forward. [emoji4]

On the RPi create a backup of your OE configuration and copy it to your computer. Next put the LE 8 image on a new SD card using their usb creator app. Boot up your RPi using the LE 8 image and do a minimal configuration that will allow you to connect with your computer using samba. Copy your OE configuration backup to your RPi's download directory and perform a restore operation. You should also anticipate that your advancedsettings.xml file, if you have one, may need to be updated due to changes made in Kodi Krypton.

A big advantage of the above method is that you will have a super clean image with minimal crap from the old system.
    Another advantage of this technique is that you will still have the old OE system available just in case.

I'm running LE 8 on a good ole RPi and have no problem with Estuary lagging at all. In fact I have it connected to a 1080p TV and Krypton is running very well. The RPi2 runs rings around an RPi so I'm surprised to hear your complaint about its performance.

For me it is

Code
    1. build.LibreELEC-RPi.arm-8.0.0/toolchain/sbin/populatefs

I think something is messed up with your system. This package should be build automatically.

It's not in that directory on my system.
    I'm running the following system on a Dell computer:
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu 16.10
    Release: 16.10
    Codename: yakkety

what's the command to compile only populatefs?

Not sure what happen but this should work.

Code
    1. PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm ./scripts/clean populatefs
    2. PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm ./scripts/build populatefs:host
    3. PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm make

Unfortunately that didn't work. Got the same error. Where should populatefs be located?
    Is it a script file or executable?
    I did a search using the find command and find said the file does not exist.

Sent from my EM756 using Tapatalk