Posts by Baldy54

I am having the same problem. Htpc I built myself. I used a fanless mini pc just was running libreelec on it. I told a saved backup from a working box I have also and tried to put on this one. That is where I run into the black screen. Does it mater if on I am taking it from is kodi 16 and the one I am having problems has kodi 17 on it??

Hello everyone. Question why won't my htpc hibernate or suspend when I click on one or the other. The bios is set up to let it do it but it will keep trying to turn back on. It will never go in sleep or standby mode. Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And which boxes are those?

4+ hours is of course not good. I guess that can somehow happen when Krypton-compatible versions of your addon(s) are not yet, or no longer, available.

As always, it's good to make a full backup first per machine before you start upgrading. Something with Murphy's Law and such. Try rebooting and, if necessary, delete the Addons26/27.db files before you reboot again. You will probably have to reinstall the addons after that. Addon settings should still be there.

I have two boxes I built. A intel Nuc box and a off brand mini fanless PC. The Nuc box was the one with the backup I was trying to put on the mini pc box. On the Nuc I had openelec on it. Then updated it to libreelec with the simple libreelec file I put in the update folder. Created my build and Addons I wanted. Did a backup on a a USB drive.

The mini pc never had software on it. So I used a USB-SD creator to put the newest libreelec on it. Then I put a tried to use the backup USB from the NUC pc and that is where I am stuck with it hangs at Add-on migration. I hope that does help.

Hello everyone. I have a question about a problem I have. when I add backup from one box to another box I am getting a Add-on migration screen and it just hangs. Never complete the job of migration. Does anyone know what is going on?? I let it run overnight 4+ hours and it is still says "Add-on migration please wait" I am stuck what to do next.

Question for anyone, I am using libreELEC for a while and decided to use a VPN. I installed VPN Manager for OPENVPN. It set up great works great. The only problem I have is my ipaddress does not switch to reflect what my vpn is setup for.

In system info thru settings. Go to the internet tab and I see it is connected to internet. But it has the wrong ipaddress.
    But when I run Speedtest it shows me right ipaddress I am connected to. And also Vpn manager does show me the correct ipaddress Under display VPN status.

What do I need to change to get kodi to show the true ipaddress whenever I am on vpn or not??

Thank you for your help

I did the same same thing. Ask for help and got it. On the website if you got to where you get the file from click on it before it downloads it will pull up a menu of what type of operating system you have. Download it. Do what you did before in the very beginning. Put it in the update file. And it will update.

Yepp, it´s for the Raspberry Pi.

If you are here: downloads – LibreELEC

There is some text that says: "... please select your hardware in the drop-list below: "

And under that there is a little box which per default lists "Rapsberry Pi v2 and Raspberry Pi v3"

If you click on that, you are able to select different builds matching to your hardware.

I see. I had the wrong file. Thank you for all your help. Can't wait to get home and get it working again

It depends on your hardware. If you have a RPi2 or a RPi3 then the file is correct. If not, and that´s my guess what the message will tell you, then you downloaded the wrong file.

If the file you downloaded doesn´t work, I would guess you have a RPi1. Then you need this file:
    LibreELEC-RPi.arm-7.0.2.tar

If you have normal PC Hardware, then it´s this:
    LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.2.tar

Thank you!! I needed the normal pc hardware one. I could not find it anywhere on your website even downloads section. So let me get this straight Rpi2 is for the raspberry pi??

Hello Everyone,

I need some help.. I want to migrate from OpenELEC to LibreELEC. I have downloaded LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2.tar From the Download page.. I Open up OpenELEC and put the tar file that I down loaded in the update file folder.. I reboot the machine and it see the New Kernel from the tar file and opens it up.. It unpacks everything. and does it checks that it passes.. Then continue to load everything.and re boots.. when it comes back on I get a Error message: Booting Kernel Failed: Invalid Argument So I put OpenELEC brand new nothing on kodi.. and tried it again.. The same thing happen again

Does anyone know what is going on?? Also is this the right file to use?? I have seen in the video that is is a different tar file than the download page has..