Posts by balbes150

Anything for bcm4335?

I hope that next week will be a test version with this chip.

Will this delete android (nand flash)?:

When running from external media , the firmware in the internal memory remains unchanged. Note that to run my image, you need to activate the multi-boot from that image. This error happens when you don't have the same version of multi-boot and the settings in the image LE. As You activate the multiboot ?

Updated image 20170322 for MXIII_Plus and compatible models. Images for the other options can come later. To complete verification, the principles of dtb remain the same (because of the probability of the lack of necessary support in the firmware of other models).

As far as I know you have to modify u-boot for S8xx devices to support a separate dtb file. Or boot using booti but then you'll be only able to boot from SD card.

U-boot S812 (tronsmart MXIII_Plus it is exactly) there are teams that can use for individual download dtb data. But the main problem is that there is no command that allows to record these data separately from the image "boot.img". As I understand it, the teams separate read dtb, take the data from the image. Maybe I'm wrong, but the team booti is used for aarch64 and s812 it is not in u-boot. The command bootm works well with split data (kernel \ initrd \ dtb). I'm using it in production systems with Linux s812\802\805. By the way, I obnovil images Armbian for s812. Those interested can try them. The details are here.

Armbian for Amlogic S802/S812 - Page 2 - Amlogic - Armbian forum

p.s.
    There is a solution to the problem with the lack of a separate team entry dtb. If you add in the composition of the image LE utility (e.g. mkbootimg or similar), which will allow you to collect "boot.img" from a running system (before you capture the image in the internal memory) of the current kernel and the correct dtb with which the system was able to boot from external media. On Armbian I've checked in the manual mode it works (don't have time to automate this process a script).

You stole my announcement. :)
    I'm just dealing with the issue. And I hope that in the images, which I plan to publish soon, will this support. Common core with a set of separate dtb files for the different models. But there's a caveat - I'm not sure that all TV boxes have firmware support this mode in u-boot.

For easier debugging, support WiFi, I have collected new images Armnian (Ubuntu Mate). This system is NOT yet intended for full video playback. This way is convenient for debugging and testing of the various modules and settings. To use. To download an image, burn to media, you can activate the multi-boot. All operations in the same way as when using LE. Pay attention to one difference - to start, you must be sure to manually add the correct dtb file (dtb.img) to the root of the FAT partition (you can choose from existing files on the media in the directory dtb). For WiFi settings you need from the terminal to boot to the desired module. For example "sudo modrobe dhd". Details initial settings Armbian to run the system can be read on the forum Armbian (the principles are the same for all models s8xxx and s9xxx). That would make work wifi network, You can freely in the working system to change\add configuration files to add / change files, firmware, etc. once You get a working configuration, it will be possible to port it to LE and assemble a working image LE.

Yandex.Disk

Amlogic - Armbian forum

Test version 20170228.
    [hr]

I can not even get the newer 8.01 builds to work. Only the 061216 8.00 buiild will startup.
    When I put any 8.01 build in the folder \update on my Minix X8-Plus and reset the player, LibreElect seems to install fine.
    But each time it hangs on the first start-up, during the initializing.

What am I doing wrong?

You need to remove all settings and Addons from the old version, they may interfere with the launch.
    [hr]

Balbes, do you have a beer donation link? I would like to send you a few cases. No obligation to make it work, just want to recognize your efforts!

Sponsor – LibreELEC :)

Thank you all for testing.
    I have a request - when describing the model, be sure to specify chipset. To specify the firmware version (4.4 , 5.1 etc). For those who have not working WiFi - please provide the output of

udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

fw_printenv

Update 20170225.
    Checked on MIIIPlus - wired network is working, WiFi - working both range, BT works. In the settings there is items for the sound in 5.1 and SPDIF, but I have no such equipment, so can't check.

As part of your image there is a file "boot.scr" to activate the multi-boot on the Minix models.
    [hr]
    Attention. In the latter case the image LE in the shutdown menu has several additional items. Mode reboot into Recovery - restart the TV box to factory system Recovery. Reboot with the install LE in the internal memory, restarts the system and executes the copy (install) the LE in the internal memory (without needing to use SSH). In this setup, the internal memory will be copied all the settings that are made when you run the system from that external media. Pay attention to the installation procedure in the internal memory test and possible unforeseen outcomes. Therefore, we strongly suggest to use this function only if You will have confirmation of the correct operation of this function on Your TV box, You just know that I will be able to restore the TV box when not full-time results.

By the way, a question to those who are well versed in KODI how to bind menu items to a specific file on the media ? I studied the documentation on creating my menu in KODI, and couldn't find the check a specific file for the parameter <visible>

List of boolean conditions - Official Kodi Wiki