Posts by balbes150

Does this run on Odroid C2? I can supply UART output if you need.

Yes, this is possible. View this topic. It describes how you can easily add to the existing system on the SD card or eMMC module on the Odroid C2, the ability to run from USB. Or easily transfer run from eMMC to SD card without pulling the module eMMC (or Vice versa). Pay attention that the current system on the SD card or eMMC module as not changed. Ie. if connected USB flash drive is the launch of the system from it (it can be any system - any option Libreelec or Linux). If you disable USB flash drive will automatically start the "internal" system on the SD or eMMC. If not clear, ask, I work a different system on Odroid C2 in various combinations (USB SD).

Odroid C2 Temporary run images from USB - Amlogic - Armbian forum

i test sdcard and usb

I see you have the UART console and in the log there is an indication that your u-boot has the ability to use the script "boot.ini" is good. Show the output of "printenv" and "help" (you need to stop the run u-boot by pressing spacebar and execute these commands).

The main source Neil Armstrong. I added multiboot, all arranged and assembled in the desired form.

Want to try LE with the kernel 4.12 + KODI-18. Download the link image. Unzip. To record on a USB flash drive. Work with the SD card I have not yet tested, probably will work. Rename the file to “dtb.img”. To connect to TV box and run it. Need to control a connected USB mouse.

Яндекс.Диск

This is an alpha version so there are imperfections and bugs.

Mandatory condition - the presence of an activated universal multi-boot. If it is not already active or you are using an older version, you must update the multi-boot to the latest version. All the necessary files are in the way, use the toothpick or via the installed app "Update&Backup".

Try this procedure. To download the image LE. To capture the image (not changing after recording). To connect to the TV box and use the toothpicks. The system shall automatically update the multi-boot and start. Pay attention, all the latest images have all the necessary files, anything in addition to download and burn don't need.

I know how to force rgb with my s905x and my s912 but this setting not work on my 812.

What steps do you use to s905 ?

I've a TronSmart MXIII 2GB/16GB. Till now every new builds install without a problems (sd card), but with latest build - after 20170614 - libreelec stop on install with "file corruption error".
    Trying to install the 20170704 build too, but same "file corruption error". Reinstalling build 20170614 and install works fine.

Now I'm in fear when upgrading cause lost all my customizations and configuration.
    Any solution for backup and restore entire sd card after a broken upgrade?

Thanks

There are several backup options. 1. To create a settings backup using normal mode in KODI. 2. Make a full backup of the entire SD card through the program on a PC

1. Burn image on SD card.

2. To activate the multi-boot (using a toothpick)

3. Immediately after activation, the system will attempt to boot from the SD card. If the SD card can earn, no additional steps are not required. If the system will not be able to start from SD card, you need to try to write the image to a USB drive and test to run with USB (to connect a USB drive to the TV box and turn the TV box).

How to install on internal rom (Nand)?

To install to the internal memory you can use the menu item "Reboot from install to eMMC" in the mode of shutdown\reboot. When you reboot the system will automatically attempt to install LE in the internal memory.

I can't seem to locate where the /flash mountpoint is even specified, is the aml_autoscript supposed to do this? If so, what parameters? Currently the script is mounting the internal memory's system partition with the build.prop inside for android instead of /dev/mmcblk0p1, where the SYSTEM image is located.

If we can get past this we'll have a fix for the bcm4335 variants.

You have activated the correct version of multiboot ? Show the output of fw_printenv.

For anyone who when you start from SD card with error "corrupted file system". You need to burn this image to a USB and check the run USB. To write the image to USB, connect a USB drive to the TV box and turn the TV box.

Indeed on the 2 latest builds (also MXIII-plus) the libreelec splash screen is gone. I get a "no signal" message on the screen. But libreelec works. Wait a little bit and suddenly the kodi screen appears. I had the same issue yesterday and downgraded again to the 14/06 build.

The bug of no screen saver is fixed in the new image 20170704 (now there is a download on the website).

Version LAN_100 now contains only a single dtb file to n200_2G with network card 100 MB. All other options dtb collected in the same way MXIII_Plus. I plan to update only these two images. To all who used other versions of the images (LAN1000 M8S, etc.) to test the operation of the image MXIII_Plus. For those who do not work the remote control for media there are three options files for multiple models (you need to choose your and to rename "remote.conf"). If these files are not suitable, please provide me the versions of the working files to include in the composition of the image.

OK I built a new s805_autoscript, but I am not exactly sure how to get it back into the correct position on the box.

Do I need to "chmod a+w /flash"?

The script to be on the first partition (FAT). It is not required to establish rights. You can save the primary version on the PC or rename it, and copy your new version. This Not dangerous . If you have doubts, show the contents of the new script.

1. Write the image to SD card

2. Upgrade multi-boot (using a toothpick or Android app). When you activate the multi-boot method of a toothpick - do not hold down the button long after the appearance of the screen saver button to let go.

3. If the system fails to boot from SD card (within 10 minutes). Record the same image on the USB flash drive. Turn off the TV box. Unplug the TV box all USB device. Connect the USB flash drive. Turn on the power (buttons NOT push). 4. If the system does not start from USB stick. Try new image (write to USB) and instrucktion step 3.

Pay attention, this procedure is suitable only for those images that are on my website. For images Dimetris need to use a different start order and check (he described in his topic).

Many thanks for your efforts and help with yours and with Demetris images.

I have an M8S tv box (clone) - 2G ram, 8G rom, 100M ethrenet, BCM4330X wifi

I could successfully boot and install your LibreELEC-S812.LAN_100.arm-17.3.img.gz on an SDram and USB stick, however, this (and also previous builds) couldnt run tvheadend42. I could install and use only tvheadend4 and have faced some DVB sudio decodin issues.

I have tried LibreELEC-S812.Test.arm-17.3_20170614.img.gz on a USB stick on the same tv box and could install it on a USB stick. The first problem which I have faced is that there was no LibreELEC repository available and I couldnt install and test tvheadend42 and an HTSP PVR client.

Later this week, I will try and test this image also o another ENY M8S tv box I own - 2G ram, 8G rom, 100M ethernet, AP6330 wifi. In the past I couldnt install any of yours or Demetris images onto an SDram with this TV box (some have been stucj with the M8S logo and some have reported a corrupted file system).

Please note. We Dimetris is different multi-boot. To start the image you need to use the system multi-boot, which goes along with the image. If you want to use images of Dimetris, you need to activate the multi-boot its image Dimetris. If you want to try my images, you need to re-activate multi-upload of my image. I suggested Dimetris go to a single system multi-boot were compatible.

Just tried 20170614 on both my livingroom and bedroom Tronsmarts. Working great as usual, except for the "Invalid format" Libreelec splash screen issue on my bedroom setup I described before. I think you were saying that that is just the way its built into SYSTEM. I am going to keep looking though. There has got to be some way to fix that, maybe through modlines or something else. I am not sure how to go about "building option settings" All I am familiar with is the old school linux xorg.conf

If I understand correctly Your problem.

You can try to specify a different value for the first system startup in the file s805_autoscript. The list of available options here.

LibreELEC.tv/platform_init at Amlogic-Krypton · 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

For this you need to download a text file

LibreELEC.tv/s805_autoscript.src at Amlogic-Krypton · 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

To edit a line

LibreELEC.tv/s805_autoscript.src at Amlogic-Krypton · 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

add a parameter with the desired screen resolution (e.g. 480)

setenv bootrootfs " boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=LIBREELEC_DISK BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img hdmitx=cecf hdmimode=480"

After that you need to put the text file working binary file. This requires mkimage utility (I think you are familiar with Linux and know how to find it).

mkimage -A arm -O linux -T script -C none -d s805_autoscript.src s805_autoscript

Details on the Assembly is there.

GitHub - 150balbes/Amlogic_s905: SRC for Amlogic S905 (Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos Meta Pro) etc.

And then there is collection of different files to run different systems, where you can find different examples.

Amlogic_s905/script at master · 150balbes/Amlogic_s905 · GitHub

So you want me to delete that cmd line in kernel config that defines boot flags and add to init those changes? So to be clear i understand what you are saying.

Only need to delete from config file the kernel. Need not be added. In the second link on platform_ini I showed that these data already have in this file (line 80).

I have tested to compine before but i faced lan issues from 1gb vs 100Mbit

These data are compatible. You can collect one image for these devices.

Under this key, u-boot selects from multifile the desired option and uses it.

LibreELEC.tv/007-Add-minix_x8hp-support.patch at le-8.0 · S802-LE/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

LibreELEC.tv/013-Add-M8S-S812-board-support.patch at le-8.0 · S802-LE/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

linux/meson8_k200b_1G_emmc_sdio.dtd at amlogic-3.10.y · kszaq/linux · GitHub

linux/meson8_k200b_2G_emmc_sdio.dtd at amlogic-3.10.y · kszaq/linux · GitHub

These two files together cannot be used. They have the same index. For such models will have to collect different images.

LibreELEC.tv/007-Add-minix_x8hp-support.patch at le-8.0 · S802-LE/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

LibreELEC.tv/002-Add-MXIII_PLUS-G-S812.patch at le-8.0 · S802-LE/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Although the dtb file it specified a different index, but this model has in common with these two index m8m2_n200_2G

LibreELEC.tv/001-Add-meson8m2_KII-support.patch at le-8.0 · S802-LE/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

By the way, if You're interested, I would still recommend to update the system multi-boot and go to a new format. In the new format multi-boot, you can use any of the system on external media. Add ability to install to internal memory (eMMC\NAND) with one push of a button on the remote control .

Hi.

You have to config the kernel, there is an extra element in the command line. If it is clear, the system will run on any medium. By the way, the initialization file is already desired setting.

LibreELEC.tv/linux.arm.conf at le-8.0 · S802-LE/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

del

BOOT_IMAGE=/dev/boot boot=/dev/system disk=/dev/data

LibreELEC.tv/platform_init at le-8.0 · S802-LE/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

By the way, You can use one image for all versions, they are perfectly combined (they have indexes to select dtb data, nearly all different, so do not interfere with each other when running).

LibreELEC.tv/options at Amlogic-Krypton · 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

p.s.

If You don't mind, I propose to combine our expertise for the Assembly LE for S812 and make You the main developer. As I plan to focus on creating a full system LinuxDesktop+Kodi).