Posts by balbes150

I am using the latest image LibreELEC-S912.arm-9.0-devel-20180920164743-905fd26.img.

I put a link to the dtb as part of the name in the last post.

There is no such file in the image. Therefore, it is built outside the source kernel that is used in the image and will not be able to work with it.

Edit : I tried to manually test your install2emmc script via ssh

The first command fails

Show the entire output of the script. The specified error may not be critical (in some cases). What system is installed in eMMC ?

I just installed your new build to emmc (after doing backup with your implemented).

The system shut down, then it restarted OK direct to LE.

But I have no "reboot to Android" in power off menu.

Any idea?

1. What model of TV box ?

2. What is the version of the LE image used ?

3. Write in detail the steps you did.

I decided to give this a test and initially was able to boot up from the SD card successfully but I noticed that whilst I had WiFi, there was no Ethernet connectivity shown.

So I swapped out the q201 2g dtb with the one that I had previously been using that has ethernet (gxm_q201_2g_1gbit.dtb) but then unfortunately it would not boot at all.

1. The version of the image LE ?

2. Where did you get this dtb (gxm_q201_2g_1gbit.dtb) ?

For all.

When asking a question, be sure to specify the version of the LE image that you are trying. Without specifying the version of the image, there will be no response.

New images 20180920 (kernel 3.14).

I draw attention to the changes. Now the process of installing the system in eMMC has changed. The default install of the additional copy of the LE at eMMC without uninstalling regular Android. Now, to install LE in eMMC, there is a special menu item in "Libreelec->Services->eMMC->Install to eMMC". When you select this menu item, LE will be copied to eMMC in parallel to Android (Android is fully saved and can be used). Also in the new images added two menu items to create and restore a full copy of the eMMC on external media (along with the bootloader, settings and all data). I recommend that you make sure you create a full copy of eMMC before installing LE on eMMC. Depending on the type of external media and how busy eMMC data is, the backup process can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes. After the copy is created or restored, the system automatically shuts down. It is not recommended to use the system during creation and recovery (to reduce the risk of errors). For those who want to install LE in eMMC with delete Android, you need to rename the script on the external media beforehand "full_install2emmc.sh" to "install2emmc.sh", start the system from external media and also select the item in the menu. The system will execute the installation LE to replace eMMC with Android on LE.

Test version 20180902.

This version includes HW hardware acceleration (including 4K). But when testing on my MXIII Plus I see one bug. If you try to stop the video file from playing or the file reaches the end, the system freezes. Perhaps it is a feature of my particular model of TV box (lately, I've noticed various oddities in his behavior). If anyone has the opportunity, please check the work of this option and write the result.

No offense, but you guys are posting/asking/suggesting things I already mentioned in my post.

In the current version of the kernel S812 no support for the remote control.

Test LibreELEC images with KODI-18 for S9xxx

can you rebuild dtb.img for box : Dune HD Sky plus "S905D" ?

In theory, this is possible, but there is not enough time for everything.

If you have not run LibreElec on your M8S before, then you need to first activate multi-boot from an image written to USB (you only do this once)

To activate the multi-boot for s8xx need SD card. After a single activation, to run images , you can use any type of storage media - SD card and USB flash drive.

can you make a 64bit build for Odroid C2 ? I am having adamg's latest coreelec build.

I want to upgrade it to your build and test if the video stuttering problem is solved.

Specifically for the Odroid C2 I do not release the Assembly. There is a universal version for aarch64 S905.

Is it possible for you to just look at the LibreElec remote.conf and mxq repo for many such files?

It takes time and test equipment to convert these files to the new format. I don't have that right now.

2. Does installtointernal (to eMMC) eliminate remote.conf incompatibility for IR remotes with your generic S905/X/W Kodi 18alpha builds?

This data is not compatible for direct use and requires additional processing..

To all update image kernel 3/14 20180831

I have successfully installed and run your Kodi 18 (Leia) images for S812 - on an M8S OTT box (AP6330) on a USB stick.

I have tried both the MXIII_Plus and LAN_100 images and they work fine...except for the remote control.

I'm using the original remote control that came with the M8S.

I have tried a couple of "remote.conf" with no luck (from an M8 and an M8S)

Do you know of any "remote.conf" file that might work?

In the current version of the kernel S812 no support for the remote control.

This topic is for discussion of the version for S9xxx . For version s812 used another topic.

Hi balbes: your Version is not compatible with COreelec Version. i cannot simply update your latest development Version on Coreelec latest Version eventhough both are of 64bit Version.

These versions are not compatible, do not try to upgrade, the original system will be destroyed.

The image LE-9 with the kernel 4.18.

Nothing found — Yandex.Disk

I am looking for volunteers to test the system installation mode in eMMC. A prerequisite is the presence of the UART console connection.

Please note, this is a test version and it has a lot of mistakes. I strongly recommend not to use it for beginners.

All versions that I collect are designed to be written to external media and the initial launch of LE is necessarily performed from external media using universal multi-boot (the standard firmware in the eMMC remains unchanged). If after testing the LE system from an external media you are satisfied with the LE operation, you can run the installation or copying of LE to eMMC. If you select "Reboot from install eMMC", LE will replace (erase) the Android in eMMC. Choose this option only when you exactly know that you will be able to restore the TV box when it crashes. If you select "Reboot from copy to eMMC", LE will be additionally copied to eMMC and Android will be saved as it is. Please note that the copy mode works only with the new version of the universal multi-boot (which is part of the latest images). Therefore, if you have previously activated multi-boot and want to use copy mode, you need to re-activate multi-boot using the latest LE images. In case of any errors in the copy mode, you can still run regular Android. I mean if the copying is not correct, only Android will be started. But since this mode is new, there are no standard situations and you need to be ready to restore the system using a USB cable and USB Built Tool programs.

Updated version of 20180726.

In this version added a "parallel" installation Libreelec with Android in eMMC (menu off "Reboot from copy to EMMC"). In this mode of installation, Libreelec is copied to eMMC without removing Android and can be run in turn from eMMC either Android or Libreelec. Due to the fact that Android does not have a reboot mode in LE, LE always starts first, to start Android you need to select "Reboot from Android" in the menu to turn off Libreelec and the system restarts in Android. Pay attention, in the copying LE in the eMMC completely remains the whole Android system (all modes Recowery, etc.). Please note that this is only a "copy to eMMC" test, it may be errors. It is currently only tested on the regular firmware Khadas VIM1\VIM2.

Then I tried with a nocompat.zip extracted to the sd card

The @AN instruction is intended ONLY for starting the system from the eMMC (all steps must be performed accurately).

So my question is, how do I boot your Leia build? Which steps "Note that those users who exactly perform the steps"?

I repeat for the last time. Download. Unpack. Write an image to the SD card. Once to start the system using the toothpicks (to start the system or not). Pay attention NOT to run any images of Demetris using a toothpick until you check all the following options of the startup of my images. If the system does not start from the Sd card, burn the image to a USB flash drive. WITHOUT using the toothpick method, only connect the flash drive and power on the TV box. If after 5 minutes the system does not start, turn off the power, move the flash drive to another connector (during the tests, turn off all USB devices). If the system does not start. Download the second version of the image (LAN_100), write on a flash drive and check it. If no manipulation helps, run the Demetris image through the toothpick method and don't try to run my images (dtb in my images is not suitable for your TV box model).

and a new dtb.img,

Where do you get the new dtb ? Have you tried running with the standard dtb from the image ?

Update images 20180622.

I have a box hardware is S812, 1G ram, 4G Nand, 100M lan, RTL8189 WIFI, I tried the ROM you provide in the thread, but it can not boot up, I burned it in TF card, but the sytem reboot all the time, evenI replaced the dtb file from original Android ROM.

Try to delete the aml_autoscript script after activating multi-boot. It is also desirable (after activation of multi-boot) to check the launch from the USB drive.

The only thing I couldn't get running is booting from SD / USB. When I was trying to install it, it only reached the LibreElec Splashscreen and then rebooted.

Describe in more detail what steps you did to check the startup from SD or USB.

Update - I reloaded a formatted SD card with demetris's 8.2.2 for MXIII_plus and a .nocompat.zip that I have been using for his builds and installed Libreelec successfully via toothpick. I gave the box a few minutes to update and then tried installing the balbes150 June 1 tar update for the MXIII_plus a couple different ways:

- In Windows I opened the box IP and added balbes150's June 1 Leia for MXIII_plus and a .nocompat.zip (used for installing demetris builds). I toothpicked the SD card. The install failed as before, per the picture in post 781. Eventually the box rebooted back into 8.2.2.

- The second attempt I opened the update folder and copied balbes150's June 1 Leia for MXIII_plus. I then extracted the .nocompat.zip I use for demetris's builds and copied that file into the update folder. I then booted the box, Libreelec installed successfully this time, rebooted and then got stuck on the boot/Libreelec splash screen. I restarted the box and it got stuck on the same splash screen again.

I'm not sure what to try next or if I am following the right steps. Should the .nocompat.zip be installed prior to running balbes's image?

I have already written to you many times that Demetris's multi-boot system is incompatible with my images. Therefore, all your "hybrid" experiments do not give results. You cannot upgrade Demetris image SD \ USB to my version and Vice versa, its images do not have the necessary s805_autoscript scripts, without which multi-start does not work. I do not understand why you ask questions and ask for step by step instructions, if you still do it on your own (not following the step instructions). If you want to get the result - follow the instructions exactly. Note that those users who exactly perform the steps get the working system or to SD\USB, or eMMC.

Update version 20180621.

Pay attention. When run first the configuration wizard, it may take a long time to poll existing networks (the more networks around, the longer the survey may take). You can wait until the survey is complete or go further and set up the network later.

Took the image for a spin. Here's how it went down on my box
    Booted up. Couldn't read the top ( off the screen) Somethng about I don't know what your are doing. and didnt' want to load the kernel modules.

Different settings are used for different systems. If the system works fine, do not pay attention to such errors.

Test variants of Libreelec KODI-18 (Leia) images for s812.

There is a separate theme for the s812 models. If multi-boot is enabled, you can try to delete the aml_autoscript script or use a USB drive.

Hi ... the latest version of Leia from 06.13 does not run through a toothpick ... when the first version was launched .... what could be ???
    Mini MX 1/8

Possible cause: you have not added the correct dtb.

Does it work on Odroid C2 ? which dtb file should i use if i am coming from kszaq 8.2.3.1 ?

I didn't check on the Odroid C2. In theory, it is possible that you want to add the "s905_autoscript" script line to "boot.ini".