Posts by balbes150

Ver 20181228 (kernel 4.19)

Ver Khadas_KVIM tested

S905 - Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos (dtb gxbb_wetek_play2)

S905X Khadas VIM1 (dtb gxl_s905x_khadas_vim)

S905W x96mini (dtb s905w_tanix_t3)

Ver Khadas_KVIM2 tested

s912 Khadas VIM2 (dtb gxm_khadas_vim2)

On the S912 version, the interface is not fully ready yet, there are no labels, but video playback works.

Additional information. To use your remote control, you can place the settings file in the directory "/storage/.config/rc_keymaps/" named "remote-ir.conf." By default, the image has several files for several TV box models (by default, the settings file for Khadas VIM\VIM2 is used).

For those who want that, would file for his model immediately included in the composition of the images, you need to give me your version of the configuration file with the model name of the TV box.

from 8.2.3 LibreELEC release. But I think dtb is not the problem. I think the problem is that the newer "boot configuration" files don't work on my box. If I try to boot any LibreELEC release lower than 9, it boots. But 9 release and ARMbian that uses the same "boot system", don't boot.

If you are running an older version of the 3.14 kernel and the newer version is not running, it means that either you are not following the instructions to run the newer versions correctly, or the newer versions of the DTB are not suitable for your model.

After read some topic I think that my version of LibreELEC (8.2) can't use Netflix I need to do an upgrade. What file I need to download and where I need to put it?

Where run LE (SD, USB, eMMC) ?

(maybe try arm build first)

For Netflix - only arm (not aarch64).

The new version 20181224_LIMA. This image is universal for s905 and S905X models. To select the desired dtb you need to edit the file " uEnv.ini". Please note that for the correct operation of LE when installing in eMMC, it is necessary to update the universal multi-download using the files included in the new image. Another change. Menu items are now "Install to eMMC" and "Backup eMMC" "Restore eMMC" to full backup in a separate partition (Libreelec settings \ eMMC). Running this image has been tested on several s905x and S905 (p201) models. Those who will test this image on s905 (not X) models are requested to write the results, indicating the exact model and version of the DTB file used.

My question is asking if we can directly obtain an LE .image running in eMMC with all the new configuration settings and add-ons that a user has spent time with. This is better than getting a fresh stock LE image and then restoring all your settings/add-ons to it separately- backing up the updated .img directly from eMMC is a one step process.

You want when installed in eMMC, at the same time to move the settings that are made while the system is running from external media ?

Is there a solution to my p282 board problem or should I just return the boxes for a refund?

Have you tried all the dtb for the "gxl" series (s905x s905d s905w etc) ?

I wish I could say the same!..
    ..my problem with tx3mini 2/16 is that on all 4.xx-Versions I got no sound because my monitor has no speakers, so sound just delivered over hdmi is absolutely useless for me. I mostly use on these s905w boxes(got 3 of em) av-port with a 3.5mm to cinch cable connected to old '80s analogue stereo Amps and huge PA-speakers(2x15"+ 18" subs..) , also a usb-soundcard(which works with all armbian or 3.xx-LE-Versions perfect but also needs one of the precious two usb-ports, which I block on LE-Box with mini-keyboard and HDD for Music & Videos already) isn't recognized on the newer 4.xx LE-builds I tested. It seems if there is no solution to get the av-out working, I have to stay on 3.xx Kernel on the LE box, because neither a new Amp nor a new TV/Monitor are an option..

The core in Armbian is the same as in LE, the only difference is in the configuration. Therefore, chewitt can easily add the necessary support for USB audio devices (enough to make a diff config Armbian and LE). :)

Important information.

New images and update 20181217 for kernel 3.14 with the current time are the latest. I stopped producing images for LE S9xxx using kernel 3.14. I'm freezing a branch in my GIT soon, which is used to build version s9xxx with kernel 3.14.

For all future versions, I plan to use the new kernel. "4.xx"

check/alter data_to_emmc_uEnv.ini(in BOOT) to fit the same dtb file working for you with sd card

This file is not related to eMMC installation. In eMMC you use a shared file "uEnv.ini". Therefore, you must configure this file for eMMC to install correctly. The file you specify is used to start the system from external media and to place all data in the eMMC.

2. boot to libreelec from your card

3. choose the libreelec icon in settings and navigate to services

Between these items, I strongly recommend that you create a full backup (the menu item to create a copy is located in the same place, just below the installation). This allows you to always return to the current state of the system. By the way, creating a full copy can be useful before any updates. If something does not suit the new system, you can always return to the exact (with all the settings and other) current state of the system. Please note that the process of creating a copy can take up to 20-30 minutes. You can store files with backup archives in a safe place to have many different copies. The created copy is stored in the "/storage/backup/ddbr"directory. You can easily copy it to your PC (via network). Please note-in this case, a full copy of eMMC is created along with the boot loader and all other elements, regardless of what is installed in eMMC (Android or Libreelec or other system).

Importantly. Installation, Backup, and Recovery work only from external media.

added the working LE 8.0 dtb

From which specific version of the image are you trying to use dtb ?

1. If I install your LE version to eMMC (and erase the Android OS), then update settings on it, how can I then copy back this .img LE version to USB/SD card ?

To return to the previous system in eMMC, you must run LE from external media before installation and perform a full backup via the "Libreelec/Service/eMMC/Create backup"menu item. The backup process can take up to 20-30 minutes (depending on the eMMC and the speed of the external media). After that, you can restore the state of the system at any time when the copy was created. Start the system from external media and perform the reverse procedure (restore from backup). Please note that the creation and restoration of a full copy of the eMMC must be performed by the specified commands (or by running scripts via SSH). Do not confuse this option to create a backup with options for backup for KODI is a totally different function.

2. I only saw Khadas Vim section under the Add-ons folder link. Has the arm vs aarch64 problem been solved for Kodi Add-ons on other TV box models too?

all add-ons for the aarch64 version apply to all models that run the selected image

Is there a solution to the AV problem at least?

I do not have such equipment, so I do not test it

Can I use this with my Nano Pi K2? Which file should I use and which device tree file will work with my board?

Thank you very much 🙏

Maybe it s905 (you can try option 2 for wetek_play)

I've got the 812 version running on a tronsmart s89, thank you for that.

Only question is where are the CEC controls, will they return?

Questions s812 should be placed in the relevant subject. This theme on s9xxx

Is the aim of this thread to test ports of LE v9 on Amlogic devices, essentially picking up where kzsaq left off? Or are the builds using LE v8, with Kodi v18 installed instead of v17?

These versions are not extensions of the Kszaq images. This is the result of merging the work of many developers with my additions.

I don't remember that, but then I don't remember lots of things. I keep the arm repo up to date so no harm in using it. If you want to keep building aarch64 it's best to create another repo though. I can setup some webspace if you need it - ping me in Slack.

Ok

I installed successful,but the IR remote controller failure.

... and the version of the image LE we need to guess ...

Here still waiting for some test image for S905 processor with 4.18 kernel

Are there plans for the same?

balbes150 :thumbup:

Thank you if you can respond!

The 4.18 kernel version is available for testing and details are available in this thread earlier, or you can find more details on the Khadas forum.

It's because balbes150 persists in creating "aarch64" images and the image is probably still configured to point at the "amlgx" repo that I maintain which only contains "arm" addons. No bug, and I have no intention of building aarch64 stuff :)

@chwitt You yourself asked to disable the amlgx repository in m'y test images (4.18). :) Or can I enable it now ?

@chwitt mentioned that if necessary, I can use a share to host images or Addons. I plan to soon master the build of Addons for aarch64 (if I can't get kicked out of the community LE) :)

New kernel image 3.14 (20181008). By default, when you select the menu item "Libreelec->Services - >Install to eMMC", the installation option is executed in eMMC with full saving of the regular Android. This means that if you select "Reboot from Android" in the shutdown menu, the system will be rebooted and the regular Android will be started. For a "clean" installation in eMMC (with the removal of the standard Android), you must first rename the script "erase_android_install2emmc.sh" to "install2emmc.sh". In this case, all data from Android in the "/dev/system" and "/dev/data" sections will be erased and Librelec will be written instead.

Please note that for the correct operation of the installation in eMMC it is necessary to update the universal multi-boot using these images.

To properly start the system with the desired DTB option, you now need to edit the file "uEnv.ini" (edit the file name that will be used at startup).

downloaded aarch64 images which i installed to my SD.

what image have you tried ?

I just did a fresh install to external drive which was fine, but I could find any addon such as PVR, I got message like system cannot connect to repository, is there a way to side load Libreelec repo?

Wait for psychics who will guess what model of TV box you have, what version of the image and so on.

Please note that for the correct operation of the new installation system in eMMC it is NECESSARY to update the universal multi-boot using the latest LE image. To update the universal multi-boot, you can use either the toothpick method or by running the Android application (local update using the archive "aml_autoscript.zip"). Without this procedure, after you install LE in eMMC, LE will not start, would only run regular Android.