Posts by Kshi

Here is a link to Begicj's 8.0.0 alpha. Wifi is confirmed to work with the models of the M8S w/4335 listed on previous pages of this thread. Go read up.

I don't have the source code for this build. It's not my work. Be aware, at this point this build is getting a bit long in the tooth. It's pretty glitchy and playback can be less than desirable (watchable) at 1080p. Use at your own risk. Make sure you have your original Android ROM handy in case this ROM doesn't put a smile on your face.

Begicj's LE 8.0.0a for M8S 2G/8G w/ BCM4335

I went from openelec 6 to Demetris build using the .Tar and placing it in storage/.update
    As for Wifi from the way i understand the driver modules are "bundled" for want of a better word, into the kernal so if Demetris's build doesn't have the driver module then chances are it will not work unfortunately.
    Worst case it won't take the update or it will but won't boot. My advice is upgrade to 17 from a fresh clean openelec, don't have any add-on's installed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Oh yea, like I said I can get it updated from the alpha build to Demetris' just fine. I'm bumbling around with how to patch and compile an installable build with the working drivers to achieve functional wifi bliss. Begicj managed to do it with his build using balbes150's S812 as a starting point, so I'm confident it can be done. My skill level and understanding of HOW this is done are the limiting factor at this point.

There is a LE version specifically compiled for this box that has working wifi & bt, but its getting a little long in the tooth. Its an early LE 8.0.0 alpha. User, begicj, cooked one up based on babes150's work with a modified kernel and patched for BCM4335 - thread-1408.html. Unfortunately begicj seems to have stepped away from the project and I'm not swift enough to grasp how he managed to patch the kernel, etc to work with BCM4335. I'm trying but I'm not particularly skilled.

That said, Demitris has an LE 8.0.1 build that can be upgraded to the box putting the .tar in /storage/.update folder & using .nocompat but it doesn't have working wifi/bt. - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=172144

If anyone knowledgeable in how to patch an existing LE build with different wifi/bt firmware wants guide me in the right direction I'd be happy to try keeping the project for this box afloat. It'd be excellent learning. Regardless, I'm gonna keep plugging away at it - 1000 monkeys & 1000 typewriters style.

Added support for M8S(S812) Images are up for test.
    - LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-M8S
    Enjoy.

Gave it a go with the ever-stuborn OTT M8S 2g/8g w/BCM4335.

Unfortunately, it hung on the boot logo after copying the .tar to /storage/.update and rebooting. I couldn't get it to install using the .zip/factory_update_param.aml in TWRP either.

Regardless, continued thanks for all your hard work for this community. Have a good Easter! :)

Can you try the M8S-PLUS image and report back if it works on your box? If not i will prepare a new image specific for plain M8S(S812)

I have the same M8S as Skripo, I tried the M8S-Plus image it puts the this box into a boot loop. This M8S variant is an odd one. begicj had a working 7.0.3 & 8.0.0 image for this box. Here is a link to his thread. Its a 2gb ram box but he experienced kernel panic when the image called for more than 1gb. While I'm at it, here's a link to the kernel and brcmfmac_sdio-firmware he used.

Brilliant! Thank you very much! :D

It's all gone sadly quiet.

It works in Kodi 16, what can I do to compare configuration with the beta/17? Anything?

Sorry I was working away from home. I'm still trying to find a solution...(whether that actually accomplishes anything remains to be seen...) From everything I can see, the driver information is exactly the same in LE 7.0.3 and LE 7.90+. It's very confusing that the remote works in one but not the other.

sharpey: as the airmouse is working, I didn't test many, but up and down buttons certainly works. The home key too. I didn't have much time to test yesterday but I can do today. If any of you have a configuration where all the buttons should do something (again, my back button doesn't do anything), I can give it a try.
    Kshi, that's odd. What logs would you like to check? Happy to help to solve the mystery.

All, does the keyboard work for you? It works for me.

Do me a favour and ssh into your box and type: usb-devices  and paste the results. Same with the command: lsusb -v
    I have a sneaking suspicion that you have a different hardware version from the one we're having issue with.

Cheers

TBH, I didn't do anything special. I have bought it and looking for the configuration I have seen this thread... and told my self: what I have done?
    Then, I have just set up the power button and attached the USB dongle and it worked out of the box for me.
    I didn't test every button, but the back doesn't do anything for me. Home button is working fine, for example.
    If you need any logs, happy to help in exchange of a good conf ahah :D

Bizarre. I'm using the exact build on my S905x box and I have no functionality with my remote. I'd love to see your logs if you can provide them.

Hi Kshi,

Is there anything I can do my end to help diagnose/contribute? I'm not a Kodi expert, but I'm a MS network engineer by trade, so not a technophobe :)

I was advised to check the debug log to see if the Pi was receiving any input at all, I haven't had the time to do this yet, but shall do tomorrow.

I'm not sure to be honest. Hopefully someone with better skills than me can help us get this sorted.

I've uploaded a debug log from my MX3 that shows the mouse portion of the remote is recognized, yet none of the other button presses register. If you happen to pull a log from your setup, perhaps compare it with mine.

I've also encountered the same thing with that exact remote from LE 7.90 upwards.

In 7.0.3 (Kodi 16.1) the remote works perfectly with no configuration required. Strangely enough, the device doesn't appear in the input devices peripherals screen:

In LE 7.90+ (kszaq's S905/S905X builds are the only ones I have a device to test with). The remote doesn't function at all with the exception of OK button, the Air Mouse on/off button and the Air Mouse itself.

However a device shows up in the peripherals screen:

Selecting it brings up this context screen which seems to have it recognized as a joystick (which it is not), from what I can gather from the image below:

In LE 7.0.3 Connecting to the box via ssh and running 'usb-devices' command reveals:

Code
    T:  Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=01 Dev#=  2 Spd=12   MxCh= 0D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1P:  Vendor=1d57 ProdID=ad03 Rev= 2.00S:  Manufacturer=FREEWAY TECHNOLOGYC:* #Ifs= 4 Cfg#= 1 Atr=a0 MxPwr=100mAI:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=01(audio) Sub=01 Prot=00 Driver=snd-usb-audioI:* If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=01(audio) Sub=02 Prot=00 Driver=snd-usb-audioI:  If#= 1 Alt= 1 #EPs= 1 Cls=01(audio) Sub=02 Prot=00 Driver=snd-usb-audioE:  Ad=81(I) Atr=05(Isoc) MxPS=  16 Ivl=1msI:* If#= 2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID  ) Sub=01 Prot=01 Driver=usbhidE:  Ad=83(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  64 Ivl=8msI:* If#= 3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID  ) Sub=01 Prot=02 Driver=usbhidE:  Ad=84(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  64 Ivl=8ms

Running the same command in LE 7.90+ returns identical results:

Code
    T:  Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=01 Dev#=  2 Spd=12   MxCh= 0D:  Ver= 2.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs=  1P:  Vendor=1d57 ProdID=ad03 Rev= 2.00S:  Manufacturer=FREEWAY TECHNOLOGYC:* #Ifs= 4 Cfg#= 1 Atr=a0 MxPwr=100mAI:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=01(audio) Sub=01 Prot=00 Driver=snd-usb-audioI:* If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=01(audio) Sub=02 Prot=00 Driver=snd-usb-audioI:  If#= 1 Alt= 1 #EPs= 1 Cls=01(audio) Sub=02 Prot=00 Driver=snd-usb-audioE:  Ad=81(I) Atr=05(Isoc) MxPS=  16 Ivl=1msI:* If#= 2 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID  ) Sub=01 Prot=01 Driver=usbhidE:  Ad=83(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  64 Ivl=8msI:* If#= 3 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID  ) Sub=01 Prot=02 Driver=usbhidE:  Ad=84(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS=  64 Ivl=8ms

It seems to be pointing toward the same usbhid driver, but for whatever reason it doesn't function properly in LE 7.90+. I'm not sure how to query for driver specifics beyond what I've provided above. FWIW, the remote also functions perfectly in Android running Kodi 17.0.

It looks like people with similar USB remote control devices have encountered the same problem - thread-4130.html

If there is anyone that can offer more insight, I'd be pretty grateful, too.