Posts by jopereira

Hei, so i have this problem, i was dumb enough to install to nand(adding the dtb file in the update folder). wasn't able to fix it using the dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 then dd if=/flash/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256kcommand. managed to brick it. only way to get it work again was install lakka. I think i have broken the recovery button in the toothpick slot.
    So i tried to install again. just added the install to update of lakka. but it only install's once and then it isn't able to boot it.so i have installed lakka again i figured i might as well boot libreelec from sd card but now it wont boot from sd card either.

any ides on how to get that working again?

Thanks

I've done that and worked fine.

My problem arised when I was trying to 're-update' the already working version (same version, using UPDATE folder but without DTB file - I though it was already installed, so no need to update again).

I'm now working with CoreELEC devel but haven't used installtointernal - just testing in SD.

Not with 8.90.6. In this version the script was removed. You can however boot from SD-Card, update with the CoreElec Devel, test extensively and then installtointernal.

Anyway, this is the wrong thread. This one is about kaszaq's Builds. You want to read AdamG's pinned topic about 8.90.6. And yes, it starts with post #1 and ends with the last one. There you'll find all informations you need.

Oh shoot, too late. :)

Thanks _bhf_.

I posted here because I was considering 'downgrading' to this version, just needed to be sure I can use installtointernal afterwards to return my box to a 'true standalone' device.

Also, did not find these two answers (your's and frequency's) there. And in a fast and ilucidate manner.

Your advice (I extend my thanks to frequency) to use CoreElec Devel are turning me again towards Leia versions.

Anyway, I guess I can run/test this version (8.2.3.1) in SD, run installtointernal and them recover the backup I made before my upgrade from 8.0.1l -> 8.90.6?

installtointernal have been removed on the latest 8.90.x builds that is why your box doesn't boot. the good news is, it's now back on the Coreelec devel builds. you may need to do installtointernal again after booting from sd card then possibly setup as new.

If you want to install stable Kodi then you can use latest 8.2.3.1 or if you want Kodi Leia then use the Coreelec devel version.

Isn't the script installtointernal ran only once, and all posterior updates made without issues or special precautions? ?(

I had 8.0.1l, installed internally, almost for a year.

Recently updated directly to 8.90.6, with correct dtb file. Worked like a charm. No problems at all, but the remote keys.

But them, trying to solve a colateral issue, I updated with same .tar file and now it won't boot (AMLogic boot logo only). I used UPDATE folder method.

Since booting from SD works just fine, I tried to restore dtb file (bellow), but it still doesn't boot.

My question:

Can I use this version and do an installtointernal procedure (since it already worked fine with my box)? Will it work fine, or should I be concerned about bricking the box?

Please, sugestions ... :cool:

Push.

Please, some help... ;(

Can I update files in internal memory, booting from SD?

With SD, it works just fine, though slower - I can see covers loading, no so with internal, faster, memory.

Thanks in advance.

This?

Done it, with two different dtb.img. No, joy.

Both dtb work with SD, not in internal memory.

I already had this version working fine, wasn't it suppose to be ok upgrading with .TAR (UPDATE folder)?

Now I have a bigger problem...

I lost left and right keys, although they did appear correctly with ir-keytable -t...

OK, no pronlem, next thing I did was a new update with same .tar BUT DID NOT placed dtb.img again and now it won't boot...

Tried the method in first page; it boots from SD with two different DTB.IMG but not from nand (after SSH in first page).

What else could I try before a clean install?

If you program each of the keys to a specific recognised keyboard key (such as 1,2,3... etc) you can then use keymap editor addon to assign specific functions to those keys. Unfortunately there seems to be something going on with the AML kernel which intercepts certain keys and prevents them from been visible to the keymap editor, so some keys simply don't work. Its not a perfect vanilla transposition of the ir-keytable system as far as I can see.

Shoog

Keys are well intercepeted, as far as I tested.

For instance, in playback mode, I used those keys (in my last post) to PLAY, STOP or access subtitles download menu. Now, they have normal operation which is typing a specif time to jump to.

They are working alright, by my old KEYBOARD.XML is not translating them to my specific functions. I not at home rigth now but, from what I've seen, I guess I'll have to use LIRCMAP.XML or just change their names ("1" is now "KEY_1" ?!?).

I've read that, thanks.

My problem seems to be in a higher level - where keys are translated to KODI actions. In my former use, because I didn't have PLAY or STOP keys on my remote, I used key "2" to PLAY/PAUSE and "5" to STOP (just an example).

I want to use my XSIGHT (One for All programable remote) emulating MCE remote (works just fine, as expected), but want special keys functions like accessing subtitle downloads menu (I have "3" key for that).

With v8.0.1l I had a working keyboard.xml mapping keys ("1", "2", ..."0") to specific functions, since my remote doesn't have PLAY or STOP buttons, for instance.

They are not working anymore. Was there a change in Leia or something like that?

(I only pretend to change remote keys behaviour, I don't use a keyboard)

Thanks for sharing.

Also worked AFTER editing in Notepad++ and change EOL to Unix (Edit menu).

Can I sugest that you edit your message to tell that for other users?

Comparing to v8.0.1l I came from, power button now power up but does not shutdown/suspend. I noticed MCE (RC-6) remote power button does make a shutdown. I guess I can use my XSIGHT remote to have discrite power commands, but thta's another conversation...

BTW, where is autostart.sh supposed to be?

Your device probably needs a rc keymap (it changed recently frome remote.conf to rc_maps.conf) I suggest that capable users with devices collect keymaps and we include those in the build so it's working ootb.

(Sunvell T95X)

I upgraded from 8.0.1l (almost one year old...).

Placed the new .tar and new device tree in UPDATE folder (renamed to dtb.img), rebooted.

It seems alright, but no original remote keys. Is it possible to recover original IR functionality instead of MCE remote functions?

Another thing I notice is it appears to ignore "advancesettings.xml". What should I do?

Hi, I use this serie of builds and now specially the 8.0d one on my Nexbox A95X S905X (2G + 16G) box. Not Nand installed so it runs from SD. I don't no if it's an issue, but the bluetooth interface is always disable with these builds and I cannot find a way to enable it if possible. Can someone helps or clarifies on that.

TIA

Mine doesn't have BT... (1G version).
    I thought it was a missing driver...

Ok, I attached pictures of my settings and the display on my receiver. What am I doing wrong?
    Same settings used to pass all the digital audio just fine.

BTW, I am using HDMI to my receiver.

That receiver does not accept some AC3/DTS modes.
    Yesterday, my Sherlock episode lack sound because of it (I have the 775).

I just tried playing back the VP9 version and you're right about the S905 not being able to play that! Very slow and 100% CPU usage.

Hardware decoding wise, there are the same but the "X" has [email protected]10bit and VP9.
    [hr]
    minimoe
    junkpod

Yes, that was my first suspection... after changing settings, reboot, etc., I ended up making a HARD RESET and restored only ".kodi" directory..
    Please keep in mind I have not done the full backup procedure in SSH (a few pages back), only tried to restore the backup made by LibreELEC.

That's strange, a VERY usefull feature like backup been broken in LibreELEC.
    Either way, I'm very satisfied with my 22 Euro T95X box and this LibreELEC - top notch!

I had problem with this feature. If you'd have the same just do the SSH method with few commands, that proved.

I've tried a BACKUP -> RESTORE procedure and can confirm is not working (TAR file is copied to .restore directory, but nothing is restored after auto reboot).

I've done SSH procedure (more or less), and now I don't have SSH, says connection refused.
    How can I get SSH back again?