Posts by minimoe

I've been running the 23-12-2016 build for a few days now without major problems. Even VC-1 plays fine, even though I cannot test it thoroughly because of limited number of VC-1 videos in my library.

There is one peculiar problem with .srt subtitles though. It is something similar to the bug reported in posts #328 and #329. These subtitles sometimes appear garbled, with bits of the letters missing. It is not a regular phenomenon, the same subtitle that played fine one day, it is unreadable the next day. Also it doesn't happen in the same degree. Sometimes the subtitles are just rough around the edges and other times, as I said, they're unreadable.

This problem appears mostly with BBC iPlayer downloads (720p, 50fps H264 files) and only with HW acceleration enabled.

Here is a log: R1eMASm8
    This log is from a session with normal more or less subtitles. Unfortunately, I didn't keep a log from a session with unreadable subtitles.

Any insight on this?

Thanks. Will the S905 be a better option then? Will that support passthrough of the Dolby Digital Plus, True HD and DTS-MA ??

One of the reasons I got a S905X box is that it can passthrough DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD as well as multichannel PCM (AAC 5.1, for example). I haven't tested DD+. In this regard, it is a better option.

Keep in mind that LE for S905\S905X is not as mature or stable as LE for S805.

Quick question I can't find an answer to:
    Using (build 009) I installed to NAND, can I use the toothpick method trying out (build 011) I wrote on a usb stick? I'd like to test it before erasind all my addons and configurations.

Just make a SD card with 011 and inserted in your box. It will boot from the card without touching the NAND installation, No need for a toothpick. :)

As I understand you are using this build (11) ? So you haven't used (9) and seen the problem I described? Because every single DTSHD-HR movie is doing this DTS core extraction and I want to be sure before updating because I would have to do all my configurations again which would take me hours.

Earlier I tested the samples only with the 32bit 011 version.

Now, I made a fresh SD install and tested first with 009. No problem, DTS HR passes fine to the AVR
    Then, I updated the installation to 64bit 011. Again, no problem.

There are differences between the two boxes, it seems. I suggest you install 011 on a blank SD card and test it yourself.

I'm still using " 7.0.3.009" on my Mini M8S II and I wondered if the passthrough issue has been mentioned or even resolved in this build or the previous one.
    Dolby TrueHD and DTSHD Master Audio are send correctly to my Denon AVRX1200WBKE2 but I have an issue with DTSHD High Resolution because only the DTS core is send to my AVR. Using my WD TV Streaming Media Player the same file shows DTSHD HR correctly on the display.
    Has there been made progress I missed out reading about?

My box is very similar (or identical) to your Mini M8S II.
    I played two short DTS-HR 7.1 samples from demo-world.eu. My Onkyo AVR showed DTS-HR on its screen and all channels sounded OK.

7.0.3.011 (2016-12-18)
    Changelog:

• fixed LIRC in 32-bit builds (thanks to Raybuntu)

Thanks for fixing the remotes. Now I can use my MCE with the 32bit LE :)
    [hr]

From memory - When the video is playing, press <m> for menu, go to the video icon, select and then select deinterlacing and set off. At the bottom of the list, click on "set as default for all videos"

Note: this works only with hardware acceleration turned off

Hi
    New box (nexbox A95X 2GB).
    Installed and it works very well, except at some point, usually when not using the box for a long time, KODI freezes. I have to disconnect/reconnect power. Any of the remotes (IR, USB) doesn't work. Any way I can help debug this ?

thanks
    popo

The 64bit version of LE causes a memory leak. This must be the cause of your problem.
    kszaq recommends the 32bit version.

It happens to my box as well. After 24 hours, memory usage went from 17% to 65%.

I don't think that the setting is applicable when Passthrough is used. If you have 7.1 speakers and your AVR is setup to use all 7.1, and the movie you are playing supports 7.1, then you will get 7.1.

Why would you want 5.1 if you indeed have 7.1?

It is applicable. It is used with streams like 5.1 AAC or Opus (ex-Vorbis). LE sends multichannel PCM, it's just the wrong number of channels.
    My AVR has 5.1 speakers and I was wondering if there is sound degradation because of this mismatch.
    [hr]

It is a current limitation of Amlogic audio driver that it can only output 2.0 or maximum supported speaker configuration, in your case 7.1.

Ah, I see. Thanks :)

What exactly is the problem with BT? On my box it seems to work fine. I can pair devices (tablet, laptop) but I don't have a controller or something similar to test.

And something I noticed: even though I set up the HDMI audio output to 5.1, my AVR reports that it gets 7.1 channels. Is this normal?