Posts by contialdo

Hi Everybody, thank you so much for the efforts. I feel like I wasted your time. I downgraded and the result was even worse, no video at all. Then I replaced the cable and it works.... still, I cannot understand. Was it an incredibly bad luck that when I upgraded, without touching anything, the cable was damaged? Difficult to believe. But still... with the now cable it works.

Thanks again

Aldo

Hi Everybody, a while later, I still have not found a solution.

Before the upgrade, my Librelec was showing up as Kodi when selecting the sources on the tv. Now only as HDMI, but then with the lower resolution. I tried everything that was suggested, still the best I can to is 1024x768. I really don't understand. I wonder if I should simply install again LE11, which was working fine.

No more ideas.

Regards

Aldo

frankvw I did both. As I was not interested in exporting the DB, once the upgrade failed I tried a new install, but I had the same result. I have two RS4 and both have exactly the same issue.

chewitt Thanks! I will try that. But... I am using it on a new tv too (4k) and I have exactly the same problem. I can try replacing the cable, but before the upgrade/install it was working fine. In my old tv I could also see Kodi among the media sources, which I cannot see anymore.

Dear All,

I have read as much as possible, but I cannot solve my problems. I have recently upgraded my two raspberry PIs 4 from Libreelec 11 to 12. I have the same problem with both:

1) the resolution is set to 1024x768 and I cannot select 1920x1080, which is supported by both TVs (one is a very old samsung, the second one a much newer google tv from Sony, which is a 2k panel). I am sure it is not an hardware problem, like other people had, because it was working before. On the old tv I could even see Kodi as a choice of source to watch, now I have to select the correct HDMI input. I have also upgraded to the latest firmware of the board, but it did not change anything.

2) then, both don't let me switch off the tv. I switch it off, and it switches itself on again. I tried a few solutions I found online, but nothing seems to work.

I am not sure what else I can provide here, but, if anybody who can help needs more information, please ask.

Regards

Aldo