Posts by boragthung

I have always used these ntp servers on anything I set up so after the correction of that mistyped one earlier I have left as is for now.

Well just back home and checking on the recording I set. This film was in 2 parts (about 2 hours first part) with some short programme of maybe 5 minutes in between so had to set the second part to record as well. The same problem - I have ended up with 5 files lengths 51m21s, 19m8s, 5m19s and 28m8s, 26m1s.

pastekodi gives this:

https://paste.libreelec.tv/noble-grouper.log.

I don't know if there is other information I can obtain - I will need some guidance of what to do.

Just checked that and I have two ntp servers set, which I have on all devices that might need it. I saw an error on the rpi4 device - incorrectly entered ntp.cis.strath.ac.uk without the i in cis, so have set it correctly and rebooted and then set up another test recording which should be a good test as it is a really long film (Ben Hur) at 4 hours 20 minutes long (with adverts).

So is it possible that this simple mistype could cause the recordings problem? The second ntp I have set is ntppub.le.ac.uk. I 've never bothered with the third and leave it blank. Should I put a third entry in as well?

My set up (as in the title) is a Rpi4 with TVHat for UK Freeview.

I have been having recording problems for some time now so yesterday I enabled debugging, rebooted and set up a recording to test. This particular recording was for a Ghostbusters film on BBC One HD (19.00 - 21.00). I encountered the recording problem as expected.

Something is happening during recordings where there is some kind of error and the recording continues in a second file (name ending -1). The TVHeadend GUI sees the recording as complete, no errors - but only sees the last file. Looking at the actual file manager reveals there are 2 files, but there always is a gap in time between the first file ending and the second file beginning.

In the case of this test recording the first file is 1 hour 21 mins long (I think the film started 5 minutes late as well) and the second file 53s long and the content of it seems to be the programme following the film at 21.00 (I have a 3 minute end buffer for recording). So about 40 minutes has been lost between the error and the recording restarting.

I used putty and run pastekodi to get this:

https://paste.libreelec.tv/credible-robin.log

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Currently the recording medium is a 32GB usb stick (Sandisk microfit) formatted as ext3 called AVUSB. Before using this usb stick I had attached an external usb hard drive (old laptop disc) and recordings worked OK for at least a year. Things started to go wrong last year when the Womens World Cup Football was on. I was recording games and this was when the errors leading to the 'split file' recordings happened. Eventually this hard disc seemed to get corrupted and I could not access it with any PC so replaced it with the usb stick.

Any number of updates could have happened in this period so maybe some update around this time caused the recording problem?

I appreciate anyone taking the time to look at this as I don't have a clue!!! It's very frustrating!!!