Posts by mszs

Where I live we have very frequent power outages. The way libreelec is configured, when our power goes out and then comes back on the Pi turns on. As a work-around I have set a shutdown timer, but for keeping the device off that's not ideal since I have to strike a compromise with keeping the device on without anything playing even for extended times.

So, my wish would be to set it up such that when power returns by default the Pi stays off and only with a button press will it boot.

I'd like the power led to remain off when the system is powered off. Currently, it's (a quite bright) red when the system is off.

I tried adding the following lines to the config.txt file:

Code
    dtparam=pwr_led_trigger=default-on
    dtparam=pwr_led_activelow=off

but that did not seem to make a difference.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Well, thanks for the suggestion... In the meantime I had realized (I'm embarrassed to admit how long this took) that I do now have a computer with an SD card slot... namely the Pi. So, what I had done was to install Raspberry Pi OS to the USB stick, boot that on the Pi and use the imager to write LibreElec to the SD card.

All is well!

I was also very happy that upon copying my old .kodi folder to the new installation on automatic migration was done: very nice.

I do not have access to a machine with an SD card slot other than the raspberry pi itself. So, I want to create a USB stick from which I want to boot the pi and then I want libreelec to install to the SD card. I _think_ this is possible...

I've gotten the USB stick written, no problem. Then I boot the pi with the stick and the SD card inserted, but when libreelec starts, I do not see any options and it just resizes the file system on the stick. There's got to be an easy way to get to some kind of install-from-live-USB, but I have looked through the forums and have found nothing.

I see this step:

After this it libreelec just starts and then resizes the file system, at that point - I think - I'm too far, right?