Posts by chunk1982

I personally use twrp recovery which got installed when I flashed finless bobs custom android ROM. Now it's been a long time but Bob supplied a couple of recovery .img files and I'm pretty sure the one included in the upload was the stock recovery IMG as if I remember correctly it used the recovery.img on the SD card to boot from while installing LE but still leaving twrp intact

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Demetris I thank you! Will get it updated later today and put it through its paces

[hr]
    So far so good, power issue has been fixed, both wired and WiFi speeds are very VERY good. My Bluetooth dongle and sound bar are also working [WINKING FACE] very much loving this ROM demetris thank you again

[hr]
    One thing I have noticed, my LG TV has a native resolution of 1360x768 but in display resolution settings I don't get offered it now instead I get offered the following...
    720x480
    720x576
    1280x720
    1920x1080p
    1920x1080i
    Is this done on purpose or is there a bug in the way it detects supported resolutions?
    Many thanks again
    Paul

I did try compiling once, yeah didn't go to plan hahahaha.
    Tbh 8 is rocking so I'm probably going stay on it for a while.
    The only issue I have come across so far
    On RC2 for m8 when I pressed power button on remote I got the shutdown menu. On RC3 it just powers the box off with no menu but I also can't "wake" it back up with out flicking the switch, this doesn't bother me in the slightest as I always turn it off at the switch any way, just thought I'd let you know.
    Again thank you

Paul

Sorry to bug you demetris but I was wondering if you had a .tar for 7.0.3 for m8 as when I click the Jarvis link in op it tells me I don't have permission to view, if I click on the krypton link it shows the 7.0.3 folder but only has 2 files for the s82.

Many thanks and all the best

Paul

EDITED: Also just to let you know my remote is working again in the updated RC3. Thank you

i'm getting file system corrupted on LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-8.0.RC2.img.gz for my total revolution mk1 box. I used rufus to put onto micro sd card is this right? Then i used toothpick method.
    [hr]
    Right guys I have been doing it wrong I didn't realise ya had to boot into recovery then reboot with libreelec on a usb stick doh. I was doing it in the micro sd port. Now I am able to boot from usb how do I install to internal memory of android device?

Hi avd I too have a TRMK1 and was wondering if you managed to get the WiFi working on any of these builds? Last elec build I used that had working WiFi was ipodtouchdude.
    I'm currently using the m8 7.0.3 one from this thread and other then WiFi it appears to work really very well indeed

Paul

Open kodi fie manager
    Open storage
    If no "backup" folder exists
    Make one
    Open kodi program addons
    Open libreelec configuration
    Press right
    Scroll down
    Click make backup
    It should slide out a window from the right and be at the "backup" folder in storage
    Press right
    Press OK
    Once finished open kodi file manage
    Stick in a USB flash drive
    Open in in A when it appears
    Press right into B
    Open storage/backup
    Highlight the file and fetch up context menu
    Click copy.
    Backup sorted
    On new box
    Open kodi file manager
    Stick USB flash drive in and open in A
    Press right into B
    Open storage
    If no "backup" folder exists
    Make one and open it
    Press left
    Highlight backup file
    Fetch up context menu
    Click copy
    Once finished open kodi program addons
    Open libreelec configuration
    Press right
    Scroll down
    Click restore backup
    Follow on screen instructions
    Wait for it to reboot and copy/restore
    Once rebooted it will be a one2one Clone

Sent from my S600 using Tapatalk

Hahaha I was just about to post I think I figured it out with PROJECT=S802 DEVICE=M8 ARCH=arm
    And is now installing addition dependencies.
    But thank you so much no1home very much appreciated!!
    Fingers crossed the WiFi works :)

Paul

I think that's what I have done as I didn't clone the official libreelec repo I cloned drieschel's. I noticed on the wiki it didn't have anything for those devices but did see in drieschel there is a "projects" folder that contains a "S802" folder which is why I tried the above commands. Never mind though, thank you so much for taking the time to reply its very much appreciated

All the best
    Paul

Hi lrusak, thank for your the pointer! Having had a look and a play I believe I'm at the point to make an image but I'm having a little trouble any advice?
    I run
    PROJECT=S802 ARCH=arm make image
    And receive the following
    ERROR: you need to specify a valid device for the S802 project
    It then goes on to list the devices, the one I want I believe is the M8
    So I tried PROJECT=M8 ARCH=arm to which I receive
    ERROE: project not found use a valid project.
    So then I tried PROJECT=S802 ARCH=M8 which returns an error like the first lol
    Could you possibly tell me the correct make image command I'm looking for please.
    I've tried various combos as you can see but I seem to be going round in circles
    Paul