Posts by itsmeedoofer

Hi,

I have this box (Mini M8S II S905X 2gb/8gb), using the 008 build (No other messing about with trees) I have seen NO issues at all.... CPU and memory use are all nominal... I've even hooked this up to my DVB-T tuner with the overhead of that the box hardly broke a sweat....

Some caveats....

I don't use Wireless, over the years I've found it unstable for streaming video...

At the moment I don't use pass-through on this box, it did appear to work OK when I tried it though...

I don't use the stock remote, I rely on CEC and my TV's remote...

I've not played with 4K content....

@kazaq Even got a beer out of me for his efforts I though it was that good :)

Me....

Hi,

Is there any reason my Riitek mini keyboard cant wake my M8S Mini II from standby after pressing the power button? I have the same issue in both Android and LibreELEC, I have a feeling using the power button on the keyboard actually powers down the device, the LED goes out rather than red...

The other boxes I have wake up when pressing the power button on the keyboard....

Not the worst issue but an annoying one none the less, any ideas ?

TIA,
    Me.

Hi Guys,

I've been watching this with some interest.. Great work, appreciated.

I’ve had a Mini M8 ii for a while now and have to say I’m really disappointed in the quality of the firmware, I brought it to replace an aging S802 KitKat box but so far I’m still using the old box..

I want to give LibreELEC a whirl but I think I could run into issues, the other boxes in the house are all Android, running SPMC 16.4.2 linked to a central MySQL server.

Last time I tried LibreELEC I backed up my SPMC config and tried importing that into LibreELEC but had warnings about incompatible versions, I ignored these and continued however on restart my media library was not found....

SPMC uses MyVideos99 & MyMusic56 I was wondering what you use in LibreELEC and whether I can get all these to play together ?

Database versions - Official Kodi Wiki

Any ideas welcome...