Posts by HarryH

Hi Baallrog,

please use the updated scripts from here:

HarryH
    April 15, 2024 at 8:24 PM

That's nice. :)

Also if you got the outdated add-on download not from my repository, you are right that "issues" is disabled. I'm currently undecided, if I should enable this opportunity or not. From the workflow view it would be the right way if someone like you can use it, but I have not the time to moderate this.

Downloaded from github right now , but latest libreelec version gives installing error.

Until now I only provided ready to install add-on packages here (attachments are at the end of the text):

HarryH
    August 2, 2023 at 9:57 PM

So I don't really know what you are talking about and need more details with an exact version and, if necessary, a link to the debug log.
    Perhaps you tried the original version 0.0.1 from Argon, which is known that it not working with versions, which are newer than LibreELEC 9?

Version 0.0.14 beta 2 released:

• avoid overwriting the existing rc_maps configuration, just add Argon REMOTE
    • automatically switch between Celsius/Fahrenheit, depending on regional/temperature setting
    • language file refactored
    • regression: fan always-on setting and emergency fan (90°) doesn't worked
    • switched to official add-on versioning

With this version in the most cases it shouldn't needed anymore to create the lock file to protect the own remote control configuration.
    But for the worst case, for example if someone is using a lircd.conf file, the lock file support remains.

The positioning of usb_max_current_enable=1 within the config.txt is not really important, but its good placed below the exiting lines in the [all] scope. It should be case sensitive, so you should use lower case for parameters in the config.txt, but UPPER CASE for parameters of the bootloader config.

You can check the current bootloader config with:
    rpi-eeprom-config
    or
    vcgencmd bootloader_config

and edit with:
    rpi-eeprom-config -e

Please keep in mind, that the RPi5 itself needs more power, than previous generations. If the system is very CPU agile and not in the idle state, then attaching of USB devices could be the worst case for the power supply and/or the PMIC.

If your USB HUB is really a powered one, you should try to only attach 1 tuner to the RPI5 directly and 2 tuners at the powered HUB.

Only to be sure, you attached the RPi5 power supply directly to the RPi5 pcb, right? You doesn't use a additional case or gadget like RemotePi board ?

This doesn't looking good regarding the USB power. Was this an attempt with the powered HUB?

Code
    [  323.045985] usb usb1-port1: over-current change #1
    [  323.046043] usb usb3-port1: over-current change #1
    [  323.075888] usb usb4-port1: over-current change #1
    [  323.075928] usb usb2-port1: over-current change #1

And now the important question: What do you have detached? Only the Rii X8, ore more devices?

I don't have a keyboard connected.

but

And my wife uses an Rii X8 for iPlayer searches

It sounds weird to me, because the Rii X8 is a keyboard. Or do you use the RPi in time-sharing with your wife? ;)

Perhaps you has only Caps-Lock enabled or a battery issue with that device. If somebody else have the same issue in the future, it would be nice to know.

Only to be sure, do you use a case for your RPi5 like the Argon ONE V3? I'm asking because this case doesn't pass-through the PD information to the RPi5. The case pcb is self a power sink and negotiates the power consumption with the power supply. But the connection RPi5 <-> case pcb doesn't negotiate via PD (power delivery).
    The RPi5 relies on that power delivery information, to enable the whole 5A current and additional the USB boot support/max. USB current.

In such case, you need to add this lines to bootloader config /EEPROM:
    PSU_MAX_CURRENT=5000

and to your config.txt:
    usb_max_current_enable=1

Thank you for providing the additional image.

Only for sureness, I have tested with different KODI LPCM audio and video sample files: https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

With the official 12.0.0 image the mapping was wrong (6.1 -> RC)

and after update to the image with the patch provided by you it's now correct 7.1 (RLC/RRC):

Hi HiassofT , chewitt ,

thank for your both comments/doings. Yesterday night I tested just for a short time window with the sample multichannel FLAC files. But there was some strange behavior, which has looked like the issues that _marklam_ reported.
    Yes, I prefer the passthrough way too. My RPi4 and my AVR are able to support that. But the current use case of multichannel FLAC (7.1 LPCM) files differs a little bit. I’m interpreting this as the only available way to get („passthrough“) the multichannel audio lossless to the speakers.

chewitt
    I will try the image you provided and give you a feedback. It would be nice, if _marklam_ will test it with real music files and hopefully can confirm that it‘s working now. :)

EDIT:
    The image chewitt has provided is for RPi2/3 only, so I can't test it with my RPi4. _marklam_ it's now your turn. ;)