Posts by Wacko37

Wacko37 to test if the issue is caused by Kodi starting before audio drivers have probed/loaded in the kernel you can simply stop/restart Kodi after boot with "systemctl restart kodi" over SSH. There is no 'exit' option in Kodi (in LE) as there is no Desktop to exit to.

Thanks for the reply, Ok tried that but to no avail, still no HDMI option. I had actually tried this via the badly named "wait for network" option mention on this thread also Audio Issues

This is why I'm keen to try out the dev tree from heitbaum as he mentioned that HDMI audio was working on his tiger lake i7

heitbaum So I've had some good help from a Dev on Unraid forums to try to get the HDMI audio passed through, sadly though we could not get the HDMI audio option to show up within KODI.

see here: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/134700-l…for-intel-igpu/

His last comment pointed towards Libreelec's implementation of the audio device, he believes that everything is being passed through correctly and the Linux kernel is loading the audio device correctly.

As a last ditch effort i was hoping to load your dev tree, can you please point me in the right direct on how to achieve this?

Thanks for the reply mate, much appreciated! yes everything worked fine when LE (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.95.0) was booted outside of UNRAID, I had multiple HDMI sound options in Kodi.

This suggests the problem is indeed Unraid and how the hardware is passed through to the VM.

Out of curiosity how would I implement your DEV tree into a .img like "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.95.0.img" so I could test on my end.

Also what your professional opinion as to where the root issue may be LE or Unraid? As I'm desperately running out of options with my limited knowledge on the matter.

HDMI audio is dependent on the OS seeing the EDID data needed to determine audio properties. Does LE work when booted natively on the hardware (not being forced via UNRAID)? If yes, the problem lies with how UNDRAID handles the pass-though of hardware.

NB: LE does not (and never has, and has no plans to) support being used via Hypervisors so while it might work sometimes, it's not something we seek and there could be other things missing.

Thanks so much for your reply, much apricated. I just tested LE outside of UNRAID on my current hardware and I can confirm all is working ok, so as you mentioned its to do with Unraid passthrough no working correctly.

Thanks for that push in a positive direction at least now I know where to pursue!

heitbaum

sorry to revive an old thread but you mentioned in your 1st post that you have HDMI audio working for 11th Gen iGPU UHD 750 in your development tree.

I have spent the last few days trying to get this up and running via an UNRAID VM see here: RE: No HDMI Audio option available for Intel UHD 750 iGPU in UNRAID VM

How do I go about acquiring an .img of your development tree for testing or have I missed something entirely? Thanks in advance!

Still no joy on this at all, worth mentioning I've tried builds "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.95.0.img" & "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-nightly-20230204-7beffea.img" but to no avail. Sadly the Stable build "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0.4.img.gz" is not compable with the 11th Gen CPU/iGPU.

When I run the command: aplay -l

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****

card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC1220 Analog [ALC1220 Analog]

Subdevices: 1/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC1220 Digital [ALC1220 Digital]

Subdevices: 1/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Its as if the HDMI audio device is not being loaded at all,

I can confirm that the iGPU HDMI audio is working correctly by running Windows 11 via USB and indeed sound workings via the HDMI.

please can someone shed some light on this!

Hi All,

So after 2 days straight of searching & trying to get my LibreELEC VM to work, I have no choice but to ask for help so I hope this makes sense as I'm pretty new to all this.

I've manged to get both the Video & Audio passthrough to work from my Gigabyte z590 MB & i7 11700k CPU but the problem I'm having is that there is NO option within LibreELEC / Kodi to select a HDMI audio output.

The only audio options that are working is via the i/o panel on the rear.

I have tried multiple VM setups from Q35 / i440fx / OVMF / seabios but to no avail. Originally I could not get video to passthrough but a simple syslinux config input of "video=efifb:off" fixed that and stubbed Unraid from hogging the display port.

Is it possible that unraid is hogging the HDMI Audio also?

Can someone please point me in the right direction or is it even possible without some sort of driver?