Posts by ag107093

Thanks - can build, but no luck adding AHCI support.

Based on your comment in another thread, I added these options to the projects/RPi/devices/RPi4/linux/linux.aarch64.conf file

CONFIG_ATA=m
    CONFIG_SATA_AHCI=m
    CONFIG_SATA_MV=m

Though that's just a guess from something Jeff Geerling did. I can build with a PROJECT=RPi ARCH=aarch64 DEVICE=RPi4 make image flash and boot, but no luck loading the module.

insmod ahci
    insmod: ERROR: could not load module ahci: No such file or directory

Any suggestions?

At the risk of conflating two issues, the build failure without any changes is specifically,:

How to add kernel support for AHCI devices? There are several CM4 sata hats and mine has an asmedia - but I expect it just needs the AHCI driver.

I saw some references to adding to the inux.aarch64.conf file "CONFIG_SATA_AHCI=y" and build.

Is there anything more than that? (Im waiting for the default build to finish now, there are some 404s on some packages at the moment(

It is not clear which SbS model you are writing about.

My bad - I should have mentioned it was the ROCKPro64. Pine sells an add-on wireless module in their store for it. I suspect it's a pretty common combo.

ROCKPro64 1x1 Dual Band WIFI 802.11AC/BLUETOOTH 5.0 MODULE - PINE STORE
    Note: This module compatible with ROCKPro64 and Quartz64 Model A SBCs. Based on Azurewave AW-CM256SM Combo Module and made specifically for the ROCKPro64 SBC.…
    pine64.com

The mainline LibreELEC includes the module and also one for the ASM1166 PCI card I have plugged into the board for sata drives.