Posts by wyup

Strange.. if I set config.txt to defaults with latest 12 build, "cxd2880" or "dvb" don't even appear in dmesg.

I have another audio hat, but I make sure it's not sharing tv hat GPIO pins.

There are occurrences of this in other forums: one user bought a new hat and another did a "soldering of a new GPIO header" to a Zero W:

https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=232037 (soldered GPIO header)

https://dietpi.com/forum/t/tv-hat…-properly/14998 (bought a new hat)

Does it mean that the culprit was a faulty GPIO header? My tv hat comes with a detachable header. Some pin was slightly bent while plugging in and out, but I corrected it with tweezers and the header plugs in fine. I also tried to plug the tv hat in reverse on the upper side of the board the first time until I realized it was on the other. I don't think I need to solder anything, do I?

Can you help if that is related to me?

I bought recently an official RPI TV hat and installed Libreelec 12 nightly along with tvheadend 4.1 server and client. Added dtoverlay=rpi-tv and gmem=128. Did the localhost:9981 setup wizard but it doesn't find any tuner.

Dmesg returns: "cdx2880_attach: chip id invalid". It seems the Sony cxd2880 tv tuner driver is not in the nightly kernel. Could you please add it to the nightly build?. It used to be in earlier versions. I installed latest Raspberry Pi OS 32-bit stable and I have the same problem.

It's available here: https://github.com/torvalds/linux…ontends/cxd2880

Code
    [   11.026954] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (CXD2880)
    [   11.042537] brcmfmac: F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x15264345
    [   11.098387] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio for chip BCM4345/6
    [   11.099534] usbcore: registered new interface driver brcmfmac
    [   11.192689] cxd2880: cxd2880_attach: chip id invalid.
    [   11.192727] cxd2880_spi: cxd2880_spi_probe: cxd2880_attach failed

Thanks, didn't know that 12 is getting a switch to 64 bit, that is a major change!

I'm using 12 for the moment, and have experimented temporary dropouts on wifi near the router, i have turned off bluetooth (among many tests on wifi parameters) and this seemed to help, I also applied some tweaks by another user in config.txt to fix slowness on ssh terminal (disable leds and low power wifi). Im using a semi-case heatsink, dont know if this impacts the wifi/bluetooth antenna.

Havent gone to 11 stable to rule this out, I think I should, but too much work to undo<X.

Thanks for the tip, developer

It's the same like in earlier RPi4 LE versions - you need to install Tvheadend add-ons (Services-Tvheadend Server 4.2 or 4.3(Alpha) and PVR_clients-Tvheadend HTSP Client)

I did install both: Services-tvheadend 4.1 stable and client on Le12 nightly, entered config at http://libreelec:9981/ but under Settings>DVB>TV Tuners, my PI DVB Tv tuner hat does not appear.

Shall i add any dtoverlay for the tv hat?

I entered dtoverlay=rpi-tv in confix.txt but I can't see the tuner in the web app.

Hi, I'd like to control Kodi volume from CEC Samsung tv remote. As of now, Vol+ and Vol- controls the tv volume but I'd like to control Kodi volume.

Is it possible?

On the other hand, I have a IR sensor on a PI hat, but I don't have an additional IR remote. Can I disable/override CEC on the tv and enable my Samsung remote as a IR remote instead of CEC, so I can control Kodi Volume (and hopefully more functionality)?

I understand. I'm an audiophile linux enthusiast planning to build an A/V Kodi Libreelec RPI4 player with an Spdif digital transport hat. Direct ALSA hardware out is the most direct, least latency output. Pulseaudio has its problems (latency,samplerate conversion..), and it's being phased out in Linux in favour of the newer PipeWire. Kodi being multiplatform shouldn't be bound to any sound server for plugins.

Libreelec being a sandbox machine does not need an additional audio API.(even if it has Pulseaudio for Bluetooth and Network). If I did, I would move to RPIOS on debian or a specialized PC.

I agree keeping ALSA by default is the best choice. Having eq in Kodi would be nice, but we always have ALSA to tinker with.

Hello,

I'd like to discuss the possibility of including mpv as a choce for external player in Kodi, as documented in Kodi Wiki, which would be including mpv on playercorefactory.xml file and thus appearing as 'play using...' in context menu.

I think mpv is a incredibly flexible and constantly developed piece of software which auto-detects best system configuration for current os and enables endless user configurable options. It supports good tonemapping options, vulkan renderers, hardware/software acceleration, resizers..., which could be edited by ssh.

In my opinion mpv is the best video player for linux, and if LibreELEC is linux based it wouldn't be hard to make custom builds or use builds for debian, raspbian. How is mpv compared to Kodi player infrastructure?

Hello,

I've been following HDR support on linux for years, there are ongoing efforts on behalf of NVIDIA, AMD, Intel, Wayland vs. X.Org, DRM/KMS backend API .. but nothing finished yet, as far as I know.

How did you manage to develop LIBREELEC with HDR support on linux, and the Raspberry Pi in particular, with nightlies 6.0 kernel support.

Congratulations!