Posts by fliz

Thanks iucoen!

I'll take a look at the patches and see if I understand them.

Ideally, I wouldn't be using DoP though as that's limited to DSD64 because DSD128 (and 256 and 512) would need to be converted to something that's higher than 384khz to be passed "over PCM"

truly native DSD up to DSD512 should be possible, as volumio can accomplish this for dacs that support it (eg the amanero USB to I2S board, which is in the quirks.c list)

DSD files are converted to PCM by Kodi/Libreelec with or without that addon installed. I'm trying to get Kodi/Libreelec to not convert to PCM and just send the dsd to my amanero, which can handle anything up to dsd512 (22.4Mhz 1-bit). I know it's not a hardware limitation, because volumio can do this, but I MUCH prefer Kodi/Libreelec

Is there any way this can be done w/ libreelec? I know it's not a hardware issue as it works perfectly with volumio.

I found this thread,

Raspberry Pi 4 + LibreElec + Music Player Daemon + WavPack DSD

...but do not understand how to use MPD. I installed the add-on and it's "enabled" but i dont' really understand what to do from here. is there some sort of setup that needs to be done so that kodi uses mpd (mpc?) as the player when playing music?

sorry if this question is painfully noob. if it's a RTFM situation, I'm having trouble finding the manual for how to use mpd (mpc?) with libreelec

Note: I've confirmed my device (amanero combo384) is in the quirks.c list

Last November, I asked for help getting wifi to work on my sbc. It uses the 8821cu chipset. Chewitt explained that out of tree drivers aren't added to the codebase because of the constant need to update and patch them whenever bumping kernels. I was advised to add the driver myself and run a home-built LE image. Setting up WIFI on a sbc

This worked, and I've been using a home-built LE 10.0.3 since.

Chewitt also mentioned that work was being done to add support to the kernel. It looks like that support was finally added in 6.2 https://github.com/torvalds/linux…9204670e2644334

I don't *need* to upgrade to the newest LE yet, but are there plans to use kernel 6.2 or will LE stick with 6.1 since it's an LTS version?

If LE is going to stick with 6.1 for the foreseeable future, is there anything that can be done to add the driver support?

If there are plans to either bump to 6.2 or somehow add the driver support, I'm happy to wait until that's done and just stick w/ my home-built 10.0.3 in the meantime.

Thanks again for everything. You guys are providing an invaluable service maintaining LE.

Sorry for not being more clear in my original question, but I was asking specifically for a RPI4 that would *only* be for running LE.

Nevertheless, it appears I got my question answered. I'll buy whatever I manage to find since apparently a 2gb one will be sufficient for running LE without any issues. Thanks!

I've seen here that the Raspberry Pi 4 is consistently recommended as the best choice for hardware that's consistently supported.

Given that it's very hard to get one from authorized resellers these days, I was wondering what benefits there are (if any) in getting an 8gb or 4gb version over the 2gb version.

Thank you for the guidance! I'm working on teaching myself how to build from the codebase. I found the guide in the wiki which suggests a 20.04LTS docker container. My only machine is a macbook, so I'm currently learning how to use docker on it (I found Docker Desktop and am installing it now)

any tips as I dig into this? I'll first try to just make a home-built LE image of the 10.0.3 release w/o any changes as a sanity check before attempting to add the vendor driver from CE. I noticed you mentioned using Oracle Virtualbox in this thread:

RE: 0bda:b812 rtl88x2bu kernel module

Do you recommend this over attempting to use docker on a macbook?

EDIT: found a box w/ debian 11 on it, so I'll try building on that first

EDIT4: (deleted previous, now irrelevant edit). Building away... Assuming the build succeeds, how do I go about adding the vendor drivers from CE?

I've got a cheapo sbc off Amazon (Terryza W8 Pro) that I put LE on. Ethernet works but the connections tab of the LE Config addon is otherwise blank.

The product page for the gizmo seems to suggest that wifi and bluetooth are handled by the same chip. The bluetooth tab allows me to attempt to connect with bluetooth devices but the connection always fails.

dmesg | grep "Bluetooth" shows:

[ 7.710636] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22

[ 7.710714] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized

[ 7.710726] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized

[ 7.710733] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized

[ 7.710747] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized

[ 7.776497] Bluetooth: hci0: RTL: examining hci_ver=08 hci_rev=000c lmp_ver=08 lmp_subver=8821

[ 7.777476] Bluetooth: hci0: RTL: rom_version status=0 version=1

[ 7.777483] Bluetooth: hci0: RTL: loading rtl_bt/rtl8821c_fw.bin

[ 7.809164] Bluetooth: hci0: RTL: loading rtl_bt/rtl8821c_config.bin

[ 7.809351] Bluetooth: hci0: RTL: cfg_sz 10, total sz 31990

[ 8.116736] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3

[ 8.116743] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast

[ 8.116757] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized

[ 8.266473] Bluetooth: hci0: RTL: fw version 0x829a7644

there's no mention of my wifi device when I run lspci so I tried lsusb

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0bda:c820 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 802.11ac NIC

apparently that's an RTL 8821CU.

I noticed the a line in the changelog for 10.0.2 that mentions it:

linux: add udev rule to switch mode on Realtek RTL8821CU devices by @vpeter4 in #6105

so I'm not sure what the status is for support for the device.

FWIW that commit shows the product to be 1a2b, not c820 though

a search on here for "rtl8821cu" shows the most recent post is from Jan of this year, a couple months before the 10.0.2 release.

when I try to just manually "eject" the device (like that commit seems to do) using "usb_modeswitch -KW -v 0bda -p c820", i get an error

Error: can't use storage command in MessageContent with interface 0; interface class is 224, expected 8. Abort

here's my full dmesg output

http://ix.io/4fb8

and here's my full lsusb output

http://ix.io/4fb9