Posts by mma8x

Well, every once in a while I try to get CEC working on this TV, which is a Vizio E65-E series, libreelec running on an rpi4. I posted about this almost 4 years ago without a reply. There was one helpful similar thread that was resolved by changing the device type from 1-->4 in a couple of config files. I have done that without effect. I guess at this point I bite the bullet and buy a flirc adapter, but I hate to admit defeat and have a kludge solution. Not sure where to even begin to troubleshoot where my issue is...any help greatly appreciated.

My Panasonic viera plasma went out, and I replaced it with a Vizio E65-E series TV. Can't seem to get the the TV remote to control Kodi on an RPi 2. The Pi HDMI goes through an AV receiver. I had mapped a bunch of functions into a Harmony remote with the old TV, but on this one neither the harmony nor the TV remote do anything. I hadn't changed any settings in Kodi, and CEC is enabled on the TV. Sometimes Kodi shows up under CEC devices, sometimes I have to search for it. Don't know if I have a configuration wrong, or if it's a wonky HDMI cable.

Thinking possibly cables, as the Pi video input isn't recognized by the TV unless I follow specific steps after reboot (plug pi directly into TV input, which then recognizes signal, then unplug and connect through receiver again. Weird. The TV recognizes a chromecast going through the receiver without a problem though).

Well, this is from an ubuntu 16.04 box, so the putty/libs thing isn't applicable. And of course it can read ext4 just fine. But the mount point seems to be the /storage directory. Also ssh doesn't work from juicessh on android either. I was looking for clues in a sshd_config file, but like I said I can't find /etc

Have been tweaking this after upgrading from a 15.2 OE install. I'm unable to SSH into the system. Never a problem before. I've set SSH on obviously, my IP address is unchanged, I haven't changed any router settings. Tried using both my old settings and with a clean install. I'm able to ping the device, I'm still able to access other machines on the network. I'm getting a "connection refused" error. ...and now I'm confused. Just put the SD card in a card reader, and can't find any linux directories (/etc, /var, /usr, etc). I also can't find the file browser in the LE GUI/estuary.
    [hr]
    Oh, maybe the file system only gets created on boot up?

Don't know if I'm an idiot here, but I (once again, inadvertently) updated my mythtv backend on Ubuntu Xenial. Still looks like 0.28 (2:0.28.0+fixes.20160413.15cf421-0ubuntu2), but was getting api mismatches on the Kodi frontends. Was able to upgrade the ubuntu versions and all is well, but the RPi is giving me issues. I'm trying to get to the latest mythtv pvr addon, and am trying to use either the libreelec 7.0.2 or 8.0 builds. The idiot issue: Where is the pvr addon? Do I need to install a special repo, is there a compiled version somewhere, or is this something I need to build from source (which I REALLY don't have time to mess with)? If it's source, is there an OE/LE build that has a recent PVR add on that I could use? Thanks!