Posts by Wwwr

See here: RE: Remote power off button is different at kodi 17 then at kodi 18 whe using LE

Your NUC, running X11, works differently than RPi and most likely you are using a remote with a receiver which "looks like" a keyboard to the system. You have to configure systemd to ignore it, otherwise both it and kodi will react to the (sleep?) button. On RPi also keyboard-like devices get grabbed exclusively by kodi so systemd doesn't "see" the button press at all.

so long,

Hias

Please read the OP before replying with an answer.

I was reluctant to reply seeing the vitriol unleashed in my absence.

The media remote I am using is a generic USB 2.4ghz one. It doesn't even have a model number it is so generic, and it is detected as a keyboard. I will not be changing the remote as it works perfectly on other LE installs and devices, and as a result I have several. The remote is not the issue.

This is why in the OP I linked to other threads with users encountering similar bugs caused by LE's handling of keyboard power button presses. OSMC works fine with this remote too across all hardware, so this issue is definitely localised to LE on this NUC.

As mentioned in the OP, I have tried the methods linked therein.

If anyone has any ideas that aren't in the threads I linked, please do reply. Let's try and keep it on topic this time; if you have a personal opinion about me that is not relevant to troubleshooting this issue.

I'm running LE on an Intel NUC and have no issues with turning my NUC on and off with a Harmony 665 Universal Remote. I use sleep mode on my really old NUC though. It might help if you include your NUC Model number and the versions of LE that you tried. Start with older versions of LE (9.2.8 maybe).

Thanks for the reply. When I get home I'll edit this post with the model number.

Latest LE from the website & generic media remote, not a universal remote. As far as I'm aware it sends a hardware sleep button press to the USB port.

Edit: the NUC is a DC53427HYE.

Hello,

As has been discussed here in the past in other threads, Libreelec is prone to some very odd behaviour in regards to power buttons. Some devices will turn off entirely, others sleep and others still do nothing.

My LE installation has decided that my device should trigger the power menu and sleep in the same instant, also that sleep cannot be woken by anything, requiring a hard reset.

How do I make libreelec function correctly in this regard?

I have tried the steps listed here:

DLH007
    August 15, 2017 at 10:55 PM

And here:

movedoa
    February 8, 2019 at 7:19 PM

With no result whatsoever. Not even a change of any kind. I have this same remote on my RPi4 also with LE, and that works correctly with no setup.

How do I make libreelec function correctly in this regard? All that should happen when pressing the power button is the power menu should appear. This even worked correctly in Windows; I could sleep and wake the machine as expected with the remote.

Thanks to anyone with advice on this. I am getting ready to dump LE because of this and would like to avoid doing so. Being able to power on/off the device is critical to basic functionality.