Posts by Bedford

Sorry, I wasn't watching this thread anymore.

I'm currently using LE on a RPi 400 - no more issues regarding crashes due to low memory, picture cache overflow, SMB errors etc. So I think your problem is unrelated.

I occasionally get the a.m. error message - which in my case is correct, the file Kodi tries to open is a directory in reality (and contains the backup of a DVD).

Regards,

Oliver

Hi Guys,

many thanks for the valuable input.

I think I'll stick to the RaspPi 400. I wasn't aware that at the current price of 79,- € it is quite a bargain, compared to the alternatives (no need for case and new power supply). I'm not sure I can use the keyboard, though (I have to hide my RPi in a sideboard from my two toddlers, they've already killed my subwoofer...).

Regards,

Oliver

PS: That's getting really annoying. 5 min ago the RPi 400 was available for 79,90 incl. shipping. But no longer. The best current offer is >90,- € or the kit for 115,- :(

Hi,

currently I'm using LibreELEC on a Raspberry Pi 3 B (no media attached, everything fetched over the network; connected to normal TV via Receiver; HDMI-CEC would be vital). Overall I'm happy with the setup, but I run into more and more issues which seem to be hardware limitations of the RPi 3 (memory, ability to play H.265 Full-HD, ...).

The logical upgrade path would be a RPi 4, but currently it is not really available.

So what other choices are there? My budget is around 100,- €.

Odroid C4? Banana, Orange, Rock Pi? Is LE the best choice for these devices or should I look elsewhere? Currently, 4K is not relevant, but of course will be become in the future...

Regards,

Oliver

Using LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-11.0-nightly-20220701-10d897b.img I can provoke a crash by accessing my picture folder (I haven't tested scrolling through my album covers as populating the database is a bit time consuming).

Logs: http://ix.io/41od

I've overwritten my spare SD card with "dd". Is this what you meant with "different" SD card, or do you really mean a physically different one?

Regards,

Oliver

This was my advancedsettings.xml:

Removed it, rebooted. Trying to scroll through my albums: crash after entry 76...

Regards,

Oliver

To repeat the already stated facts: meddling with the a.m. values was a result of crashes with the stock configuration - not the other way around. Reverting to original values makes the situation worse, KODI crashes after shorter times/less entries scrolled.

Here is the current journal.log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here the altered config.txt:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Oliver

If you provide a log, then we could get a proof for bad caching implementation, and Kodi team hopefully reacts:

I think this behaviour has already been documented by other people on the web.

Anyway, while trying to paste the log I noticed that "pastekodi" does not produce any link. "pastekodi -c" does indeed show the crash log incl. segfault. Pasting the logs from the GUI failed, too.

I can't paste KODI.log manually, as it exceeds the size limit of pastebin.com with 3.2 MB

Here's the journal log with the segfault:

Regards,

Oliver

Hi,

I'm running LibreELEC 10 on a Raspberry Pi 3 B. When scrolling through a big picture collection (e.g. Album covers in the Music folder), LE hangs and then crashes/reboots.

After some web search I've meddled with the parameters "gpu_mem=192" and "dtoverlay=cma,cma-384" in /flash/config.txt, which seems to improve the situation, but does not solve the issue completely.

As I don't have a clue what I'm doing here: what are the "correct" values?

TIA,

Oliver