Posts by Dr.Romca

Hello!

I've managed to succesfully map MELE F10 PRO remote some time ago on LE 8.x.x and it worked flawlessly.

Now however when I've upgraded to 9.0.x while it does still work in the button area, the integrated sound card is always ON despite the Kodi settings (I run sound through HDMI), which means that the radio connection for the sound card is always on which means that the battery lasts 2-3 days instead of 2-3 months.

Is there a way of disabling a certain device (sound card) while leaving the other device running in LE?

EDIT: Used HW is RPi 3B+

Thank you!

What I did before the F10 Pro worked well in LE 9.0.0:

1.) I copied "99-melenew.hwdb" file in /storage/.config/hwdb.d/

2.) I updated the library using udevadm hwdb --update

3.) I rebooted the device

I've uploaded the dwdb file as a txt file.

Thank you! :)

Hello!

I've been having a very similar issue as of now. A simple 720p show in H.264 over SMB tends to stutter and very often freezes while I have to wait for it ot load when my Raspberry 3B+ is connetted via Ethernet. I have no such issue on WiFi.

I would like to stay on Ethernet though as I've noticed that the unit runs way hotter when using WiFi than when using Ethernet.

Any help would be extremely wellcome.

Thank you!

Hi guys!

Ever since I've replaced Raspberry 3B for a 3B+ I'm having an issue with the HDMI connection being unstable or something.

The symptoms are that during a playback and even during a stand-by screen in the menu the image is momentarily lost. I can also see this on my receiver because it loses the HDMI and codec icons it normally has during playback.

This does not happen on the same install on RPi 3B, happens on a different 3B+ unit and also happens on a clean install without ever installing any addon. I just installed the newest stable version of libreelec and set-up the IP address of the unit and bam, first black flash. Overclock / No overclock gives the same result.

Also, having the RPi in a flirc case I'd think that it would be cool, but it gets really hot at times and it's generally way warmer than 3B used to be...

Does anyone have any idea? Because I'm out, I've tried it all... /shrug

Thakns in advance!

Hello Developers!

Other than all the great work you've done, I have to report my first bug:

After 8.2.0 update (and yes, 8.2.1 deos that still) AVI files with are not decoded properly if any HW acceleration is enabled (both MMAL and/or OMXPlayer do this)

Here's the file info taken from Emby:

<fileinfo>

<streamdetails>

<video>

<codec>xvid;</codec>

<micodec>xvid;</micodec>

<bitrate>730590</bitrate>

<width>512</width>

<height>384</height>

<aspect>4:3</aspect>

<aspectratio>4:3</aspectratio>

<framerate>25</framerate>

<scantype>progressive</scantype>

<default>False</default>

<forced>False</forced>

<duration>9</duration>

<durationinseconds>552</durationinseconds>

</video>

<audio>

<codec>ac3</codec>

<micodec>ac3</micodec>

<bitrate>192000</bitrate>

<scantype>progressive</scantype>

<channels>2</channels>

<samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>

<default>False</default>

<forced>False</forced>

</audio>

</streamdetails>

</fileinfo>

Cheers!

I think you got it backwards. The keys playpause & f11 and so on are the keys I want the buttons to be mapped to - the desired buttons.
    The hardware does not send these keys, but rather a scancodes, those are the "0c034b" before the equal sign. Using evtest, you can see what scancodes your remote actually sends like I did...

The small keyboard button does actually work as Esc, so it does what the Esc on a regular keyboard does in Kodi...

The file I've created re-maps buttons on the remote side of the device, not the keyboard side, but I guess you've got that.

Confirm that you have the same scancodes (of those buttons that don't normally work) first and then we'll try to figure out the rest...

Hi!

I've had similar issues. Most probably you have the file starting like so in vim:

Code
    ..###

So get rid of the dots and you should be fine. These dots are due to BOM used in formatting the file. There is UTF-8 and UTF-8 with BOM.
    More on that here: Byte order mark - Wikipedia
    While in vim (or nano which looks better and is easier to work with) try also to delete all the enters and make new ones from vim/nano just to be sure.

If Vim shows no dots at the start of the file, try a different text eritor. Frankly I was tired of vim and nano, so I've installed raspbian on one of my RPi3 modules and work there :)

So after a ton of struggle and thanks to Gaudi I was able to map the buttons using the hwdb.d.

What I did:

1.) Stopped kodi using "systemctl stop kodi" (using Putty for windows)
    2.) Using evtest from kodi package I got the scancodes:

Code
    OpenELEC:~ # evtest
    No device specified, trying to scan all of /dev/input/event*
    Available devices:
    /dev/input/event0:      058F312D81A Modiotek USB Headset
    /dev/input/event1:      058F312D81A Modiotek USB Headset
    /dev/input/event2:      058F312D81A Modiotek USB Headset
    Select the device event number [0-2]:

By selecting "0" and then pressing the buttons I wanted to map I found the codes to be:

3.) After this I created a file that I named 99-mele.hwdb which apart from the header contains:

4.) The file then needs to be put in: /storage/.config/hwdb.d/ (I've used WinSCP to do this)

5.) Then I updated the database and unplugged and plugged the receiver in:

Code
    udevadm hwdb --update

After this all works just fine and I have two more buttons to map if needed.

I've also learned that using Windows text editor to update the file will make the file not work as the enter character is different. So I've used VIM text editor to edit this file. Even Notepad++ did not manage to make the file work.

udevadm has no output to verify that the database was updated succesfully, so it is a trial&error process that will probably take some time.

Hi! Complete newbie on linux here...

I've been using KODI on windows with MELE F10 Pro for years and now that I need to run Kodi off of RPi3 it does not work properly.
    Apart from the AirMouse not working, there are keys that are not recognized by LibreElec that I'm used to and now they don't work.
    ( Mele F10-Pro 2.4GHz Remote Control Air Mouse w/ Keyboard - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme )

I've tried to use system-tools addon which has HID_Mapper in it, but while it recognizes the HID device, it won't enter the learning mode and does not recognize the HID device if I build the map file myself...
    HID_Mapper: [LINUX] Generic HID Remote Driver for XBMC (Drivers for XBMC on Linux and XBMC Live)

The HID Mapper shows the device, and as opposed to the how-to, I didn't disable the remote in Xorg conf.file as I didn't find it. I presume LibreElec uses another service/daemon to manage HIDs that would need the remote disabled? But I have no idea what it is and if so, how to disable it...
    I've attached screen from Putty, this is what I get.

I know the scan codes of the remote from a colleague of mine who found out somehow in linux:
    SMART ASSISTANT: 02 4B 03 02 00 00
    PICK-UP: 02 49 03 02 00 00
    HANG-UP: 02 4A 03 02 00 00
    SOUND SWITCH: 02 48 03 03 00 00

Can anyone help me? As I am a complete newbie in Linux/LibreElec, I'd need a little more help than your average Linux user...
    Just to be clear, I'd like to somehow make the four buttons work and let the rest be as they are, but if I'll end up re-mapping every key, I'd be OK with that.

Thank you! :blush: